Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2019, 07:38 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
We Swore We Would Never Forget 9/11. But We Did. -- Reality Check

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTOTl2NcP_A
We have and it shows by the way Sen. Mike Lee and Sen. Rand Paul voted to extend benefits for as Long as we need it. **** them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2019, 07:41 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,908,149 times
Was at work at Countrywide Homeloans. We stopped work, then they sent us home. They decided it was bad to call people on their past due payments that day.

Old 09-11-2019, 07:49 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman57 View Post
Listening to shortwave radio they mentioned report of fire at WTC so i went turned CNN on. Thinking how bizarre in broad daylight good weather a plane would crash into WTC...then watched 2nd plane fly into WTC and knew it was deliberate. Of course after Pentagon an PA crash was glued to tv. Was watching network news broadcasts of that morning on YouTube couple days ago..interesting 3 of 4 major networks at 9:01-9:02 panned their cameras to right just in time for 2nd plane hitting...almost like on cue for perfect shot...
I’m assuming the cameramen could hear the plane coming or the crowd talking about it so moved their cameras to the right location.

Old 09-11-2019, 08:21 PM

1,940 posts, read 1,027,229 times
I remember the exact spot where I was standing when I heard about 9/11.

I remember the exact spot I was when they attacked the World Trade Center in 1993. I was driving down Main St. in my hometown, Sayreville, NJ.

This is not over, they will attack us again.

Old 09-11-2019, 08:25 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,117,954 times
2nd period accounting class junior year. Didn’t really know the tragedy it was until I got home and turned on the news

Old 09-11-2019, 08:34 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
At home when my ex husband called and said to turn on the tv, that it was like Pearl Harbor.

By the next day it felt like a different world and I tried to read a magazine but it had been printed before 9/11 so it was from a different world and I put it down. It had no relevance to this new world.

I drove north as far as I could go and ended up somewhere in New Hampshire. Drove to the ocean and felt like maybe the ocean could get me out of there. Thought of driving up to Canada to get out. Finally wrote to Canada to see about immigrating, anything to get out of the US. I didn't feel safe again for a long time.

Old 09-11-2019, 10:32 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
At home when my ex husband called and said to turn on the tv, that it was like Pearl Harbor.

By the next day it felt like a different world and I tried to read a magazine but it had been printed before 9/11 so it was from a different world and I put it down. It had no relevance to this new world.

I drove north as far as I could go and ended up somewhere in New Hampshire. Drove to the ocean and felt like maybe the ocean could get me out of there. Thought of driving up to Canada to get out. Finally wrote to Canada to see about immigrating, anything to get out of the US. I didn't feel safe again for a long time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpoudLoc8sY

I have not forgotten and I never will.

Old 09-11-2019, 11:09 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,111,029 times
Woke up before school, thought it was smokestacks behind the news guy, then saw it was the twin towers. Told my mom what happened while she was asleep.

She was like "oh wow, how sad".

Came back and saw that another one hit, went back and told her, she was like "What!?", and came down to look.

In class, teacher put on live footage of what was happening.

After that, the the world was different, more paranoid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies