Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2019, 08:43 PM

62,866 posts, read 29,103,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
No, they haven't. They admitted, in finality, that they CANNOT return all the children. In some cases (maybe many cases), the parents had already been deported.

Keep up.

You are now on record trying to defend saying that human beings who are seeking asylum are "infesting" the country. I won't dignify your attempt at trying to justify that with saying anything. Your argument speaks for itself.
Really? Then why can't these parents send for their kids? I'm sure they aren't just wandering all over our country all alone but are with relatives here or in custody. I never said asylum seekers were infesting our country I said illegal aliens are. Try to keep up, will you? However, statistically 80% of these asylum seekers are making bogus claims. I'm glad they are being made to wait in Mexico to be vetted and approved instead of allowing them into our country where they just disappear for their hearings. The latest ruling by the courts is that they have to ask for asylum in Mexico first not just pick and choose our country to come to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2019, 08:43 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,407,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
I have to say, Beto trying to turn the El Paso trsgedy to his own political beenfit is a little, well..........not my favorite approach.
His campaign has been on a constant downward trajectory since April when he was polling at 9%, and he's just desperate to try anything at this point.

I expect he will fold soon.

Old 09-12-2019, 08:49 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,860,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Reading this thread is a waste of time.

I am going to wait for the news reports tomorrow.
Yeah, including your worthless comment

Old 09-12-2019, 08:50 PM

19,797 posts, read 9,336,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Yeah, including your worthless comment
Yeah, agreed.

Old 09-12-2019, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Jorge Ramos doesn't hold much credibility even south of the border...even south of Mexico's border.
Maybe not, but if memory serves me right he is with Tele-mundo a Hispanic TV station. So he is speaking for Hispanics who have an ethnocentric, tribal mentality in regards to their ethnic brethern here illegally. He is well known himself for being of the same mindset. He wanted to put the candidates on the spot quizzing them on illegal immigration and just as expected they were all defenders of illegal aliens as they want to retain the ethnocentric Hispanic vote. I have the feeling that he was invited to the debate intentionally to quiz the candidates on illegal immigration. Funny, how many of them tried to dodge it by singing the glories of legal immigration instead.

Old 09-12-2019, 08:52 PM

856 posts, read 704,352 times
My order of who did best:

1. Joe Biden
2. Beto O'Rourke
3. Pete Buttigeig
4. Amy Klobuchar
5. Cory Booker
6. Bernie Sanders
7. Andrew Yang
8. Elizabeth Warren
9. Kamala Harris
10. Julian Castro

I suspect polling wise, Biden and O'Rourke could move up a few points, Harris will likely move down a few points, Castro still will poll around 1%, and Sanders and Warren continue to battle it out for 2nd place.

Old 09-12-2019, 08:53 PM

10,226 posts, read 7,574,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Really? Then why can't these parents send for their kids? I'm sure they aren't just wandering all over our country all alone but are with relatives here or in custody. I never said asylum seekers were infesting our country I said illegal aliens are. Try to keep up, will you? However, statistically 80% of these asylum seekers are making bogus claims. I'm glad they are being made to wait in Mexico to be vetted and approved instead of allowing them into our country where they just disappear for their hearings. The latest ruling by the courts is that they have to ask for asylum in Mexico first not just pick and choose our country to come to.
The Court set a deadline for them to stop being detained. Some children were placed in foster care, I believe.

There are new children being detained, now. I hope they've got a system for tracking who the kids are, now.

You are lying when you say "80% of these asylum seekers are making bogus claims." 1 - there's no way of knowing that, because the admin. is not taking asylum requests...they closed the ports of entry, which is why so many were coming across the border illegally.

Keep up. If you don't know these basic facts, you are not reading/watching the news.

Yes, there is a sh*load of trouble going down in South America. Put yourself in the place of a mother with several small children. You have to travel, including walking, with little money...thousands of miles. It's possible one or all of you will die. You won't do that, if you don't think it's necessary for your children to survive.

What the U S SHOULD be doing is having a conversation w/South American countries to see what can be done. But Trump doesn't understand diplomacy, and doesn't work with other countries,esp what he calls "sh*thole countries."

You can find the Court orders for the child detainment lawsuits online.

Old 09-12-2019, 08:54 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Did anyone understand the attempt at the record player comment ?

https://twitter.com/jacktemp/status/1172333683711209473

Old 09-12-2019, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
A lot of them weren't but even in the cases they were his behavior is beneath a president.

He has a fragile ego that cannot take criticism which is a terrible quality as a president, its the most scrutinized and criticized position in the world.
Again, your own opinion. He does have an unorthodoxed style but so what! If I were president I would not allow these liberal lefties to attack me without retaliation either otherwise silence means agreement. He is instituting many policies that I agree with. I'll take that over personality any day of the week. It's bad policies that will sink us not personality.

Old 09-12-2019, 08:55 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,407,602 times
LOL abc just dinged Castro with a fact check, said he mischaracterized Biden’s remarks to try and attack him about forgetting something to make him seem to old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies