Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 06:15 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,669,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Oh, dear. The Trumpers are showing that they really ARE uninformed and don't watch many debates.

I hate to embarrass you (okay, I don't hate it), but here are the Republican debates for the 2016 election, none of which have flags.

Republican Debate (Fox...August 2015):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2zjsh5noOw

Republican Debate (CNN...September 2015): https://youtu.be/0V1LcpsNDfg

Republican Debate (CBS...Feb 2016): https://youtu.be/LZ9eHb4WsHU

Flags are not commonly used in political debates. Instead, the stage and props are set up in red, white, & blue, with maybe some decorations here or there with a stripe, or maybe with a star, to signify the flag, but not the flag itself.

Sometimes the candidates wear flag or other pins. Sometimes not.

What matters most, though, is whether every American will get access to health care, like all other First World countries. Let's keep our eye on the ball, and not the puff stuff. If you want to see a grown man hugging a flag in fake love for it, Trump will provide that show for you. He is, after all, a showman.

In 2020 we move past the reality show hell we're in and get back to being a respected world leader.
So what? It's the democrats that hate America and want to take our freedom away, not the repubs. That one cocky guy last night speaking spanish really ticked me off. Pandering to illegals. English is the USA's language.

And no, that doesn't make me a racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2019, 06:19 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I commend anyone who is bilingual, especially those who move here. What I see when the candidates speak Spanish is blatant pandering, which isn’t fooling anyone.
Exactly, and just whom are they pandering to since if you are a native born citizen you would have learned English in our schools. To become a naturalized citizen you have to pass an English proficiency test and only citizens can vote. I wish someone would tell me why any part of the debates should have any Spanish spoken based on the above. Spanish speakers aren't the only naturalized citizens either. Yet they don't pander to Chinese-Americans, etc. in their native languages. Yet the left keeps telling us that no illegals are voting???? They'd be the only ones who probably don't speak English. Hmm.

Old 09-13-2019, 06:23 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Oh, dear. The Trumpers are showing that they really ARE uninformed and don't watch many debates.

I hate to embarrass you (okay, I don't hate it), but here are the Republican debates for the 2016 election, none of which have flags.

Republican Debate (Fox...August 2015):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2zjsh5noOw

Republican Debate (CNN...September 2015): https://youtu.be/0V1LcpsNDfg

Republican Debate (CBS...Feb 2016): https://youtu.be/LZ9eHb4WsHU

Flags are not commonly used in political debates. Instead, the stage and props are set up in red, white, & blue, with maybe some decorations here or there with a stripe, or maybe with a star, to signify the flag, but not the flag itself.

Sometimes the candidates wear flag or other pins. Sometimes not.

What matters most, though, is whether every American will get access to health care, like all other First World countries. Let's keep our eye on the ball, and not the puff stuff. If you want to see a grown man hugging a flag in fake love for it, Trump will provide that show for you. He is, after all, a showman.

In 2020 we move past the reality show hell we're in and get back to being a respected world leader.
EVERY American has access to health CARE...just open the yellow pages and pick a doctor....go to the doctor and receive the service

why dont liberals stop the lying...its not about access to CARE...its about who is going to pay YOUR bill
it's your body
it's your health
its the service YOU receive
its your bill...pay your own darn bill...dont EXPECT others to pay for you

Old 09-13-2019, 06:27 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,669,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
EVERY American has access to health CARE...just open the yellow pages and pick a doctor....go to the doctor and receive the service

why dont liberals stop the lying...its not about access to CARE...its about who is going to pay YOUR bill
it's your body
it's your health
its the service YOU receive
its your bill...pay your own darn bill...dont EXPECT others to pay for you
Not only that, it's illegal for an ER to turn anyone away.

No, an uninsured person might not get free cancer treatments for a year, but anyone can walk into a hospital for treatment (and not pay the bill).

Old 09-13-2019, 06:33 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Yang--now that was original. A bit gimmicky, but original.
You mean buying votes? I'd call that more than gimmicky. Maybe illegal.

Yup. A clown car, for sure.

Old 09-13-2019, 07:37 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I just can't see the American people being down with the policies they are pushing, I mean medical coverage for illegals, decriminalizing the border? WTH???

I just can't imagine too many people saying, "Yeah, let's give people here illegally medical benefits." Just doesn't make any sense.

My FIL who has since passed was a 50 year union electrician, dyed in the wool, toe tag democrat. He's been dead for a few years now and I can't imagine what he would think of what the democratic party is turning into.

He's was a Latino man and his family was from Mexico, BTW.
Keep in mind that it is cheaper to provide healthcare than for people to use the emergency rooms. Take away the emotion and look at it from a fiscal standpoint.

Old 09-13-2019, 07:52 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Keep in mind that it is cheaper to provide healthcare than for people to use the emergency rooms. Take away the emotion and look at it from a fiscal standpoint.
so let's look at it from a $ stand point

M4A will cost 4 trillion ANNUALLY (at the minimum...even according to the bern) additional to what we already pay for medicare/medicaid
actual singlepayer will cost 6.5 trillion annually

our current level of revenue is about 3.5-3.75 trillion, and our budget is around 4.6 trillion (a trillion dollar deficit)

so just where is the government going to find 4 to 6.5 (plus another 1 trillion because of our current over spending)….. you could "tax the rich" at 100% and still wont come up with that amount....so for example E. Warren is a LIAR as her plans would HAVE to tax the crap out of the middleclass and lower fiscal classes

Last edited by workingclasshero; 09-13-2019 at 08:02 PM..

Old 09-13-2019, 08:14 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Why is Bernie so angry all the time.

Jezus, talk about cranky.

Get off my lawn kid.

Old 09-13-2019, 08:35 PM

3,006 posts, read 1,492,842 times
I forgot it was on yesterday, but I couldn't have watched the whole thing live. What I notice now is more hand motion. Even Klobuchar is waving and pointing. It's distracting. Debate coaches could tell them to learn sign language, so their gesturing is actual communication, not just cardio exercise.

Old 09-14-2019, 04:50 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,544,828 times
Trump 2020
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies