Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2019, 09:30 AM

46,861 posts, read 25,809,157 times

Advertisements

Wait, the Trumpenproletariat is backing Wall Street again? I thought you were all "Main street over Wall street"? Do you guys get a newsletter or something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2019, 09:31 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,768,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
she lost any chance she had years ago when she lied about being Native American.

Dems won't vote for her, they don't like liars.
LOL on the bold - you do realize that Trump is the biggest liar around right....? I think they'd support her one lie over his tens of thousands of lies over the past 2 years.

FWIW all politicians lie.

Old 09-12-2019, 09:33 AM

5,717 posts, read 2,173,266 times
Warren scares me the most, she’s younger than Bernie but just as loony, and a female which boosts support even more. She’ll have to shift more center if she wins the primary and I’m convinced a republican house or senate could prevent any major legislation from passing, but still the thought of her is frightening. So I guess the only good thing about Warren is she probably would get nothing done.

I don’t care that Wall Street doesn’t like her and would prefer Biden, I don’t need help seeing how crazy she is on the issues.

Old 09-12-2019, 09:40 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,916,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Warren scares me the most, she’s younger than Bernie but just as loony, and a female which boosts support even more. She’ll have to shift more center if she wins the primary and I’m convinced a republican house or senate could prevent any major legislation from passing, but still the thought of her is frightening. So I guess the only good thing about Warren is she probably would get nothing done.

I don’t care that Wall Street doesn’t like her and would prefer Biden, I don’t need help seeing how crazy she is on the issues.
There's zero chance anything meaningful will get passed with her anyway, considering 95% of Congress is bought and paid for by Wall Street and big business already. The Supreme Court will also strike down any legislation that support the working or middle class. You can calm down, there will be no improvement in labor laws, or cheaper health care, child care or higher education even with that "radical" in the White House. There's nothing to be scared of.

At best, the minimum wage might increase by a dollar or two to $8 or $9 by the mid 2020s. The rest will stay just as corrupt as before.

Old 09-12-2019, 09:45 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,815,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
i am a conservative but often at odds with wallstreet....

i have listened to Warren and taken a hard look at her actual policy actions.
1. I hope she is the dem nominee.
2. she is so radical that moderate dems and independents will never pull the lever for her.
3. she is actually possibly the most dangerous (policy wise) person running on the dem side.

She is really really subversive and if her policy prescriptions are enacted, she will in fact cause economic chaos that wont be easily overcome.
Just going to point out that this is the exact same though process most Dems had about Trump in 2016

Old 09-12-2019, 09:47 AM

19,965 posts, read 8,868,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
LOL on the bold - you do realize that Trump is the biggest liar around right....? I think they'd support her one lie over his tens of thousands of lies over the past 2 years.

FWIW all politicians lie.
never heard a liberal on the site accuse any Democrat of lying.

How about the lie Obama told the nation about something important to you and your family... your healthcare plan he promised you could keep..... is that more or less important than how high hamburgers were stacked at the reception for the Clemson football team?

Old 09-12-2019, 09:48 AM

36,857 posts, read 17,269,302 times
Pocahontas is controlled opposition.

Wall Street will love her.

The story is a plant.

Old 09-12-2019, 09:50 AM

19,965 posts, read 8,868,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
There's zero chance anything meaningful will get passed with her anyway, considering 95% of Congress is bought and paid for by Wall Street and big business already. The Supreme Court will also strike down any legislation that support the working or middle class. You can calm down, there will be no improvement in labor laws, or cheaper health care, child care or higher education even with that "radical" in the White House. There's nothing to be scared of.

At best, the minimum wage might increase by a dollar or two to $8 or $9 by the mid 2020s. The rest will stay just as corrupt as before.
McConnell would have one meeting with Warren. To tell her the liberal agenda she ran on will never see the light of day in the US Senate. She'd be done within a month of her term.

Old 09-12-2019, 09:52 AM

15,707 posts, read 6,412,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
she lost any chance she had years ago when she lied about being Native American.

Dems won't vote for her, they don't like liars.
Don't count on it. She's very likely to win the women's vote among the Dems. All she needs then is the suburban vote and she's in.

Old 09-12-2019, 09:57 AM

5,944 posts, read 2,191,656 times
Wall-Street is a much larger concern for all Americans than who the next President is. In case you haven't noticed, Wall-Street controls every President including Trump. Trump is up the Feds butt right now to keep interest rates low for investors, not for us. Trump will lose any Trade War because he cannot allow stocks to drop and make the 1% of shareholders and fund managers upset.

We have a Congress, Voters, Supreme Court to reign in a nut job President (most of Trump and Obama policies were blocked). But what protects the American People from a out of control Wall-Street when the politicians are all bought and paid for and the American public has no financial power to make Wall Street care about the people's needs.

Most Americans are indentured Servants at this point, just trying to stay afloat until they get their freedom at age 65. Of course they usually die soon after but the freedom was good while it lasted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies