Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2020, 03:07 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times

Advertisements

Many of you seem to be making stuff up as you go along.

Here's how I see the evolution....

McCabe is going to jail, the DOJ has got hard evidence on him.
DOJ - no indictment.

Oh there is something fishy.......

Either you are with Barr or against him - -make up your mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2020, 03:10 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,587,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
IF AN INDICTMENT IS PRESENTED to a grand jury, then they respond with either a "True bill" (indictment) or a "No true bill" (no indictment) ruling.

Your assertion that the grand jury refused to indict (after the DOJ filed an indictment) is as far as I can tell without factual support. If you have factual support, feel free to provide it. However, knowing you as I do, I certainly will not be holding my breath waiting for that to happen.
Either the US Attorneys investigated and found nothing worth presenting to the Grand Jury or, more likely given the second grand jury, they filed and indictment and no true bill was returned. It is not plausible that they investigated McCabe for two years, came up with substantial evidence, yet refused to present it to the Grand Jury either time.

Old 02-19-2020, 03:14 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Either the US Attorneys investigated and found nothing worth presenting to the Grand Jury or, more likely given the second grand jury, they filed and indictment and no true bill was returned. It is not plausible that they investigated McCabe for two years, came up with substantial evidence, yet refused to present it to the Grand Jury either time.
Regardless of how it came undone, eventually it became apparent that a political witch hunt against McCabe was not going to result in anything that could stick in a court of law.

Old 02-19-2020, 03:14 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
If it was the Grand Jury and not the DOJ's fault there was no indictment -- Barr would have crafted that statement.

There is no way he's going to let Trump and all of you think that he was derailed by a Grand Jury....He's doing his job -- gosh darn it.

(I don't know anything about the law so I really shouldn't be saying anything but I'm just playing along).

Old 02-19-2020, 03:17 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
That is what the judge was asserting, as far as I can tell. The DOJ empaneled a grand jury for this and then proceeded to delay submitting the indictment, and that for a pretty lengthy period. The judge finally told the DOJ to poop or get off of the pot - either indict or don't indict - but this state of limbo is unacceptable, and then proceeded to set a deadline, which was extended at least once and I think actually several times.

Again, I do not pretend to know the details here, because I do not believe that outside of those involved with the grand jury process actually knows. But it appears that the DOJ did not file an indictment. Which of course leaves open the possibility that they could still come back and file it later on.

As far as I am aware, there is no factual support for the assertion that the grand jury received an indictment from the DOJ and returned a "No true bill" (no indictment) ruling. And just because you heard some blowhard on CNN or MSNBC suggesting otherwise, that is not good enough. Show us something to this effect in writing.

Old 02-19-2020, 03:19 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
US attorney moves to charge Andrew McCabe for lying about Hillary probe
Poor ol' tRump.

Can't lock up his numerous "enemies."

So, the king of fraud and corruption instead pardons a boatload of corrupt fraudsters.

MAGA, DTS and the rest of that BS his Trumplings swallow whole.

Old 02-19-2020, 03:50 PM

25,738 posts, read 12,824,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Okay. So what do you suggest Trump should do?
He's doing it, 1 swamp creature at a time, but he is so badly outnumbered, he'll never get to them all at the rate he's moving now.

He needs a majority in the House, and Senate to speed it all up tenfold. We need new anti-corruption laws in campaign finance, foreign aid, lobbying laws, laws restricting book sales, paid speeches, real estate transactions while in office, and afterwards. Cut off all their typical money flows. This cannot be done w/o control of the House AND the Senate.

He needs to find a lot more people he can trust, to bring the swamp creatures to justice. He needs a small army to infiltrate Washington DC, in law enforcement, & politics. They need to come from the States. I'd bring in 1000's of squeaky clean state prosecutors, political aids, regulators, forensic accountants, and anyone else who could help root out corrupt politicians.

I'd fire anyone who has been in Washington DC for more than 10 years that he can fire, unless Barr, McConnell, McCarthy, Graham, Cruz, Paul, & other loyalists can vouch for them. Trump needs a total house cleaning of political aids, lawyers, civil servants...all of them.

That is what Bill Barr is doing now with State Prosecutors to help investigate Uranium One, Russia Gate, The Ukrainian honey hole Rudy uncovered, The Clinton Foundation, and other potential corruption that most Americans think have slipped away, and been forgotten.

The Dem process of making up a fake Republican scams, then bringing in Trump loyalists to entrap them in process crimes must be made illegal. If Dems wont agree, then the Republicans must immediately begin using the same tactics, only on a much much larger scale until the Dems beg for mercy.

I'd fire every FISA court judge (if he can legally), and replace every one of them with new ones. Right now, the person at the top of the FISA courts is a Clinton loyalists, and all of Wash DC knows this.

Without control of the House AND Senate, Trump cannot possibly win this war. He might win a battle here and there, but right now he's taking on the evil empire with a small handful of loyalists.

Old 02-19-2020, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
roger stone is a washington newbie ???
He was a wannabe. He was always on the outside looking in, and he thought Trump was his ticket inside.

Old 02-19-2020, 03:58 PM

I think McCabe made a deal, and ratted out some others. Or, he agreed to wear a wire to bring down more creatures.

Or, the DOJ has him on something else, and they'd rather pursue that angle because it could lead to bringing down others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Many of you seem to be making stuff up as you go along.

Here's how I see the evolution....

McCabe is going to jail, the DOJ has got hard evidence on him.
DOJ - no indictment.

Oh there is something fishy.......

Either you are with Barr or against him - -make up your mind.

Old 02-19-2020, 04:04 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I think McCabe made a deal, and ratted out some others. Or, he agreed to wear a wire to bring down more creatures.

Or, the DOJ has him on something else, and they'd rather pursue that angle because it could lead to bringing down others.
Or, you know, there's nothing to charge him with. Occam's razor. But if it makes you feel better to create all sorts of silly what if scenarios, have at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies