Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2020, 08:40 PM

8,492 posts, read 4,550,068 times

Advertisements

Just another one of the many witch hunts that Trump and Barr have launched. Don't even get indictments. They continually keep coming up empty while all their friends are convicted or plead out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2020, 06:47 AM

57,211 posts, read 26,166,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
"Wordsmithing"?

The guy altered a piece of evidence to completely change the context of it.

What exactly did Flynn do that you think is so bad?

He meet with Kislyak and to circumvent Obama's sanctions and the UN vote on Israel. Beyond that fact I don't think want anyone heading national security that didn't know the Russian embassy was wiretapped.
They should have charged him for his actions on the OP Ed for Erdogan to extract Gullen.

Old 02-20-2020, 08:39 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,786,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
How do you account for the fact that they said they were going to impeach Trump the day he was sworn in?

What do you think a group of dishonest people would do if a disruptor, someone who wasn't on the take in some way, was elected President?
What do you make of an American president in the oval office after the first few days of being sworn in giving away classified information to Russian's with only the Russian press there and causing the CIA to lose a top spy involved with the Russian interference in our election? Are you okay with that? So if Obama did that would you want his head on a platter? I certainly would.

There's an old article in U.S. News :Inspector General recommends criminal investigation of Andrew McCabe.

It says that the I.G. recommended a criminal investigation, and so there was. A grand jury looked at it and found nothing there. The prosecutor asked for a continuance of the case and the judge granted it. This process went on several times until the judge said put up or shut up. The DOJ had no case and the judge dismissed the attempt to prosecute. Just because an I.G. recommends prosecution, doesn't mean there is a solid case, it just means that it needs a more thorough investigation.

Did McCabe lie about being the source of the leak about the the FBI not trying to delay an investigation into the Clinton foundation? Yes he did. Did he have the authority to release information to the press? Yes he did. So why lie? Because his wife was received a campaign contribution for her senate run from a friend of Clinton's. It all looked bad, but is it criminal? Evidently the grand jury said no. Did McCabe pay a steep price? Yes he did. He lost his 30 year pension having been fired a day before he was to retire.

Trump used McCabe to further another fake narrative. Just as he used the Biden conspiracy theory to the Democrats advantage that got him impeached. Does Trump pay a price for lying and cheating? Not politically. We the people will decide that in November, unless Trump is again successful in lying and cheating his way into another victory.

So if McCabe should be thrown in jail for lying, where does that leave Trump? A get out of jail free card because he's Trump? I swear I'll never understand the deep recesses of the haunted house in haters minds that makes it perfectly fine to excuse any and all behavior from a crook vs a career FBI who made a serious mistake and has already paid a steep price.

Old 02-20-2020, 08:53 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,080,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Just another one of the many witch hunts that Trump and Barr have launched. Don't even get indictments. They continually keep coming up empty while all their friends are convicted or plead out.
Yep. A giant nothingburger.

Has the OP returned to comment on this thread? Because it certainly hasn't aged well.

Old 02-20-2020, 10:11 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,150,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
A US Attorney is recommending charges against Andrew McCabe. This decision was apparently appealed within the Justice Department (I did not think that an ordinary person could do that) and the request was denied.
I did not know that, either.

It smells like some people get special privileges. I dare say your regular Joe doesn't get that privilege.

Old 02-20-2020, 10:13 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,512,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
I did not know that, either.

It smells like some people get special privileges. I dare say your regular Joe doesn't get that privilege.
There is clearly a lot going on behind the scenes with regards to this situation that the public, including the media, are not privy to yet, and maybe never will be.

The way all of this has been handled is a real head-scratcher, to say the least.

Old 02-20-2020, 10:24 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,519,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
There is clearly a lot going on behind the scenes with regards to this situation that the public, including the media, are not privy to yet, and maybe never will be.

The way all of this has been handled is a real head-scratcher, to say the least.
Poor ol' tRump.

The "Chief law enforcement officer of the USA" can't jail his enemies and can't keep his cronies out of prison.

It's just so sad.

Old 02-20-2020, 03:32 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,008,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Yep. A giant nothingburger.

Has the OP returned to comment on this thread? Because it certainly hasn't aged well.
Keep repeating these inanities if you wish, but none of the apologists yet can explain why McCabe was fired for dishonesty after extensive investigations by the DOJ IG and the FBI Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR). Both concluded that McCabe should be fired, which he was.

McCabe has a wrongful termination suit in response. But it seems to me unlikely that the OPR would have recommended discharge unless they had the goods. It's possible, of course, but not likely.

My bet would be that a settlement will be reached with non-disclosures all around, and we the taxpayers who funded the whole mess will never learn the truth.

Old 02-20-2020, 03:44 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,333,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
Keep repeating these inanities if you wish, but none of the apologists yet can explain why McCabe was fired for dishonesty after extensive investigations by the DOJ IG and the FBI Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR). Both concluded that McCabe should be fired, which he was.

McCabe has a wrongful termination suit in response. But it seems to me unlikely that the OPR would have recommended discharge unless they had the goods. It's possible, of course, but not likely.

My bet would be that a settlement will be reached with non-disclosures all around, and we the taxpayers who funded the whole mess will never learn the truth.
The problem with the firing is that the gov skipped normal process steps to fire McCabe before he could retire. So he may well have a case to be reinstated.

Old 02-20-2020, 04:07 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,008,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
The problem with the firing is that the gov skipped normal process steps to fire McCabe before he could retire. So he may well have a case to be reinstated.
That's entirely possible--we just don't know at this point. Again, hopefully the taxpayer, who funded the whole mess, will get an accounting in the end, and will not be locked out via NDAs.

In any case, it appears well established that McCabe did lie under oath. From what I've read, it seems the case against McCabe is far more solid than what they had on Flynn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies