Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 12:08 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,338,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I thought you lefties supported gay sex orgies.. aren't you the ones that say we don't care what anyone does sexually?
You don't understand the difference between a "religious man" making megamillions preaching "morals" and the supposed evils of sex, and then covertly engaging in sex orgies, to someone who never made such moralistic claims in the first place? Seriously?
Quote:
Fact is I need more evidence before I believe it. The left loves to smear Christians and Trump and Trump Supporters...
You mean like the published photos and the confirmed payouts to the pool boy? And what does this have to do with the "Left"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2019, 12:25 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
I thought you lefties supported gay sex orgies.. aren't you the ones that say we don't care what anyone does sexually?

Fact is I need more evidence before I believe it. The left loves to smear Christians and Trump and Trump Supporters...
It's the crass hypocrisy that is not appreciated. Preachers talking against gay rights, yet going somewhere to arrange to indulge in gay sex as this Tulsa Baptist preacher tried to do in Oklahoma City, while outside of one of the largest gay resorts in the country. https://www.baptiststandard.com/arch...-in-sex-sting/ The preacher resigned from his church, so will Falwell do the same?

Old 09-13-2019, 01:01 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,966 times
Quote:

Not sure why you think I am a "leftie".

Old 09-13-2019, 01:17 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
https://religionnews.com/2019/09/12/...l-revelations/

First the rumors of weird sex parties with Falwell, his wife, and a pool boy. Then Falwell facilitates a mortgage so that pool boy can run a hotel, which his son nominally owns and used for gay orgies.

Falwell Jr. denied that salacious photos existed. Then some showed up. He said they were photoshopped. Then more showed up at a night club with both Jr. and his son in it. To make things even more interesting, Micheal Cohen, Trump's lawyer is involved, and even obliquely, Trump himself.

All in the links above.

Horrible isn't it?

Your post would imply the photos would be of sexual nature. The "salacious" photos in question would be him at a nightclub. While I'm sure this might be of concern for the people at Liberty U it's hardly what you are trying to make it out to be.

Old 09-13-2019, 04:16 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
https://religionnews.com/2019/09/12/...l-revelations/

First the rumors of weird sex parties with Falwell, his wife, and a pool boy. Then Falwell facilitates a mortgage so that pool boy can run a hotel, which his son nominally owns and used for gay orgies.

Falwell Jr. denied that salacious photos existed. Then some showed up. He said they were photoshopped. Then more showed up at a night club with both Jr. and his son in it. To make things even more interesting, Micheal Cohen, Trump's lawyer is involved, and even obliquely, Trump himself.

All in the links above.

Horrible isn't it?
Oh, I'm all broken up about Falwell being exposed for what he is.

Old 09-13-2019, 04:25 PM

5,104 posts, read 2,050,159 times
I saw that article from the Hill posted on Sept. 10 who mentionned then Falwell Jr. says FBI to investigate. https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/46...acy-at-liberty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
You don't understand the difference between a "religious man" making megamillions preaching "morals" and the supposed evils of sex, and then covertly engaging in sex orgies, to someone who never made such moralistic claims in the first place? Seriously?
I wonder if the medias will still cover this if the "religious man" was a Muslim or a Rabbi?

Old 09-13-2019, 04:40 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
Quote:

Jerry Falwell Sr. created the modern culture war and was more or less responsible for what American politics are today. I really could care less about Falwell Jr other than the fact he has far too much power and influence because of who his father was. Falwell Sr probably did more damage to this country than anybody else in the 20th century. I’d literally consider him one of the most significant characters in all American history. He de-facto ended church/state separation.

And Christians who want laws to force gays back in the closet while simultaneously attending gay sex orgies deserve to be smeared. Especially when your name is Jerry Falwell.

Old 09-13-2019, 04:45 PM

5,104 posts, read 2,050,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Jerry Falwell Sr. created the modern culture war and was more or less responsible for what American politics are today. I really could care less about Falwell Jr other than the fact he has far too much power and influence because of who his father was. Falwell Sr probably did more damage to this country than anybody else in the 20th century. I’d literally consider him one of the most significant characters in all American history. He de-facto ended church/state separation.
He wasn't the only architect of the modern culture war, Saul Alinsky, Richard Cloward and Frances Fox Piven also did their part to plant the seeds of the culture war. I wouldn't be surprised if they had once meet in some locker room of a golf club or elsewhere...

Old 09-13-2019, 04:53 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
He wasn't the only architect of the modern culture war, Saul Alinsky, Richard Cloward and Frances Fox Piven also did their part to plant the seeds of the culture war. I wouldn't be surprised if they had once meet in some locker room of a golf club or elsewhere...
He definitely wasn't solely responsible but he was the face of it along with Pat Robertson to a lesser extent.

It wouldn't surprise me if the corruption goes much deeper than anybody ever realized. One only has to look at Falwell's contemporaries like Jim Bakker and Jimmy Swaggart. It's mind blowing that so many people blindly trust and follow those people.

Old 09-13-2019, 05:23 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
If this is a thing that happened, an entire religion suddenly find themselves with the wrong symbol.
It's happened plenty of times before and they never learn. Our local priests have been caught in the sex with kids stuff, in the ponzi scheme stuff and much more. One sect actually starved their adopted kids...the church stood behind the parents.

The Flock still believes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies