Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2019, 01:27 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,627 posts, read 17,953,728 times

Advertisements

Ok. So let me get this straight.

There was this skin care product marketed to the college students, given away free as a sample on campus. The students used the product as intended and took photos of themselves using it, and apparently now a large segment thinks they should be punished.

What do those people think should be done to the company distributing the facial mask product?

And a follow up question, when we're out shopping at Walgreens, should we alert the law if we encounter this type product for sale?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2019, 01:28 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,113,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Ok. So let me get this straight.

There was this skin care product marketed to the college students, given away free as a sample on campus. The students used the product as intended and took photos of themselves using it, and apparently now a large segment thinks they should be punished.

What do those people think should be done to the company distributing the facial mask product?

And a follow up question, when we're out shopping at Walgreens, should we alert the law if we encounter this type product for sale?
*woosh

Old 09-19-2019, 01:30 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,505,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGromit View Post
The public backlash for blackface incidents is getting ridiculous. One article from cnn.com

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/19/world...rnd/index.html

"It doesn't matter what skin tone you're trying to portray. Blackface, brownface, yellowface, redface. Any colored-face you wear that isn't yours is racist." - CNN.COM

What about Halloween? If I portray someone I'm not with face makeup I'm automatically a racist? Could the same be applied if I wear a mask and pretend to be a warewolf? Am I a warewolf racist? While I agree in some contexts it can be considered insensitive, but racist? Hardly. This so called scandal that Justin Trudeau dressed up as an Arab for an 'Arabian Nights’ Party is plain ridiculous. The party had a theme, he was just dressing for the theme, nothing about it was making fun of the way Arabs looked or dressed in the past.

Another thing to consider is not to apply the moralities of the present to those deeds in the past. Didn't George Washington own slaves? Should we not remove every George Washington statue on public property because we are celebrating the life of an obvious racist? Rename every building named after him and change the face on the one dollar bill. Obvious a recall is in order for all existing one dollar bills, we wouldn't want to upset someone offended by receiving a George Washington on a one dollar bill. Here let me pay you with hundred one dollar racist bills.

This crap has gone way overboard.
Since you think that, why don't you put on some blackface? I'm sure your friends & family would be thrilled.

Old 09-19-2019, 01:51 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,014,781 times
my daughter uses this face treatment that is a black mask. So if she is seen in a picture wearing it she is racist?? You people have gone completely mad...……...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies