Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2019, 10:12 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times

Advertisements

He's setup and on his way. This was his first stop in Texas.

https://twitter.com/thedonaldwall/st...28665142665216
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2019, 10:13 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Why not. We still have to follow ammo restrictions for hunting which in most cases is three rounds. It's no different than the old semi auto deer guns like my 740. Grandpa's deer gun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y38HV6_IbZw

With Hogs, you better have 75 round drums

Old 09-16-2019, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
A misleading article (and thread title).

The AR-15's and other previously military only weapons are the ones named by Beto.
AR has never ever been a Mil-Spec rifle. No US military battalions have ever been supplied AR's.

Old 09-16-2019, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
As a responsible gun owner, I truly believe that AR 15 and AK 47 type assault weapons have no business being owned by the public. Those type guns are for the military and LE. Period.
We are the peoples military. The right to Militia, is among the most fundamental Natural Rights, which is not derived from, or dependent on, the U.S. Constitution, which may not be submitted to a vote and may not depend on the outcome of an election. It is one of the most sacred and valuable Rights, as sacred as the Right to private property...and is regarded as inalienable.

- - - 16 Corpus Juris Secundum, Constitutional Law, Sect.202, p.987.

Old 09-16-2019, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garthur View Post
The AR (Armalite Rifle)-15 and the SK (Semi automatic Kalashnikov-47 have never beer military weapons. They are just semi-automatic rifles with black paint. The M-16 and the AK (automatic (avtomat) Kalashnikov) are both military weapons and are not available to the U.S. public.

Even the manufactures call the SK an AK and then the public makes the same mistake.

I'm amazed at the politicians and even so called gun experts not understanding these basic things.

The AK-47 is the go to weapon right now, by our own US and private contractors in the Middle East.
Ask anyone in that theater. M1A, or AK-47. They will reach for the AK every time. The AK is select fire.
The clones sold here in gun stores, are the semi-auto variation.

Old 09-16-2019, 10:33 AM

13,949 posts, read 5,620,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The AK-47 is the go to weapon right now, by our own US and private contractors in the Middle East.
Ask anyone in that theater. M1A, or AK-47. They will reach for the AK every time. The AK is select fire.
The clones sold here in gun stores, are the semi-auto variation.
Because reliable.

They are simply awesome at maintenance free, reliable operation. Harsh environments don't bother piston systems nearly as much as direct impingement setups, and if you're in forward area or simply extended beyond where access to maintenance facilities/materials is possible, reliable is serious win.

Very few weapon designs have ever been as reliable as the (A/S)K-47. Seriously, every person interested in a proper "1 rifle for a desert island" pure survival, all in one, see you through the end of the world back platform...you'll have a tough time beating the (A/S)K-47. I don't own one, opting for a slightly larger cartridge/bullet platform in my piston driven semiauto, but there's no downside to a proper AK or SK variant.

Old 09-16-2019, 10:42 AM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Because reliable.

They are simply awesome at maintenance free, reliable operation. Harsh environments don't bother piston systems nearly as much as direct impingement setups, and if you're in forward area or simply extended beyond where access to maintenance facilities/materials is possible, reliable is serious win.

Very few weapon designs have ever been as reliable as the (A/S)K-47. Seriously, every person interested in a proper "1 rifle for a desert island" pure survival, all in one, see you through the end of the world back platform...you'll have a tough time beating the (A/S)K-47. I don't own one, opting for a slightly larger cartridge/bullet platform in my piston driven semiauto, but there's no downside to a proper AK or SK variant.
I'm partial to the PSL ROMAKS and the RPK receiver too.

Old 09-16-2019, 03:00 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
What military uses the AR-15 or for that matter, the current AR-10 (not based off the 1950s model but entirely new construction)?

If there is a military that uses a nonselect fire rifle like the -15, then they are treating their troops worse than the US does.

Should not the public have the same as LE? I mean, is not LE civilian like the public? Do they not live in the same lands? Does not the public face the same enemy as LE? Then why does LE get what the public cannot have?

Carnage? I know what happens when a country disarms its public. That's carnage. That kind of carnage will make the current situation seem like a picnic.
So yes, I do care, for I know from history what will happen if one trusts, one allows the government to have all the guns.
Now, one thing I might suggest is re-engineering the trigger, mechanically, so it is one pull of the trigger, one shot positively. That people are not able to bypass the trigger reset.
Mechanically so there is no way it is dependent on a central system somewhere which could be used to disarm the public, as it might be in a smart gun.
Of course, start working with the trigger and there will be those who say that it should not be able to be pulled more than what, ten times a minute? That I don't agree with for I don't think one's opponent should be able to figure his tactics based on the total knowledge of one's gun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
We are the peoples military. The right to Militia, is among the most fundamental Natural Rights, which is not derived from, or dependent on, the U.S. Constitution, which may not be submitted to a vote and may not depend on the outcome of an election. It is one of the most sacred and valuable Rights, as sacred as the Right to private property...and is regarded as inalienable.

- - - 16 Corpus Juris Secundum, Constitutional Law, Sect.202, p.987.
Why don't you two read my last post or did you just ignore it and chose to quote my first post?

Old 09-16-2019, 05:46 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,372,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Lol, I assume that's a badazz automatic gun??

I didn't know that the AR-15 was not an automatic weapon. I figure all those that call it an assault weapon must know. I am wrong? Is the AK-47 automatic? Like I said, IDK anything about guns except mine. A non-automatic gun is okay. I think the problem I have with those guns AR-15 types are the jerks that use them for hunting!!! There is no way those kind of guns should be used for hunting animals.

If you've ever had to use them to kill off coyotes or wolves, you'd appreciate the hunting and livestock protection capabilities of an AR or a ranch rifle.

Old 09-16-2019, 05:47 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,372,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
And another Dem manages to push victory another inch closer to Trump.

Congrats Beto idiot.

And sell a crap ton of guns in the process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies