Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2019, 11:51 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
History has shown over and over that governments unjustly kill and abuse their citizens.

You're very naive.
I worry more about becoming a victim of a deranged mass shooter in a public place than from the government.

Old 09-14-2019, 11:51 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
No it is not! This is a real question and a reality for those who have been personally affected by gun violence!
There are victims and those who refuse to be victims. You want everyone to be a victim because you are terminally terrified.

Old 09-14-2019, 11:53 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Are you advocating not needing a license to buy a gun but a license to shoot a gun?
Im fine having the only regulations for guns being firing them in public.

Since tge odds of me ever firing a gun in public are extremely remote, it won't matter. If I do, I'll bet I will be complying with all the regulations.

This will mean that I can buy, sell, carry, transport and even display a gun in public with zero restrictions.

I can still fire them on private property without restrictions.

I'd love your proposal.

Old 09-14-2019, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Learn the definition of investment.

Very few people buy guns or bullets as investments.

People do stockpile them because the press and gun-grabbers will sometimes cause demand to jump as they push for bans.

It's called hedging against price spikes and shortages.

Liberals make for the best gun salesmen.
Stockpiling guns and ammo is not cheap. One would consider that an investment.

Old 09-14-2019, 11:56 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
I worry more about becoming a victim of a deranged mass shooter in a public place than from the government.
How many people would you guess are killed in the US by deranged mass shooters each year?

How many people would you guess are falsely arrested in the US each year?

Old 09-14-2019, 11:57 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,922,456 times
Quote:
You have an irrational fear and your irrational fear is causing you to want to control the lives of other people. Your irrational fear is not my problem. That is YOUR problem.

Old 09-14-2019, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
There are victims and those who refuse to be victims. You want everyone to be a victim because you are terminally terrified.
How could those people, who were killed during the shooting massacre in Las Vegas, refuse to have been a victim?

Old 09-14-2019, 11:58 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Stockpiling guns and ammo is not cheap. One would consider that an investment.
I reload my own ammo for pennies.

And all my firearms are purchased by the money earned by selling machine guns.

19,022 posts, read 14,198,297 times
The question is absurd.
How do you "save lives" by making victims more helpless?
Banning weapons only hurts the law abiding.
Criminals don't care about laws. That's why they're called criminals.
. . .
I suggest that gun safety courses be taught from first grade onward, so that accidental shootings are minimized.
And the abject fear of guns is eliminated.

23,652 posts, read 13,982,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I have to wonder this myself we have TWO guns that’s more then enough to kill someone who breaks into our home. People collect things though, cars, guns, cards, etc.

But when you have over a certain number of guns it does beg the question, why so many? Nor do I understand wanting to take a fully tactical gun just to go to the store. Is there a hit out on you? Is the mob looking for you? How much is too much? I saw a guy a while back with a machete strapped to his side at a local bookstore. Was he expecting a zombie apocalypse?? I can understand having a shotgun in the back of your truck or a CWP. We are planning to both get a CWP but I cannot see or understand why one needs to take a tactical weapon outside the house unless one is going to a shooting range.

Okay as to why we carry everywhere, long story.

If we have to shoot someone, we will be infront of the grand jury and we will be sued. The opposing counsel will try to show premeditation. Ie, "So Ms. Ounce, on the day you shot the son of my clients, you feared that you would run into him. You strapped on your gun so when you met him, you could shoot him as you did." It may not have gone down like that but that may be the interpretation the jury accepts. So we carry as often as we can so the expectation of each day is like any other day, that the places we go have got no expectation that we will need a gun.

Shotgun is good for, say, 40 yards. When I am traveling outside home town, I have a rifle with me for if anything does go down in our unstable world, I have something good for at least 100 yards. Until it is needed, it can be disassembled, just another tool bag in the car, but if it is needed, then it is ready in under a minute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies