Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2019, 01:11 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
The founders lived in cowboy days where shooting people was a way of life - from duels to just plain draw of pride. Have we not evolved ? Yet ? I guarantee when these kids grow up - they will change that. I see the pink guns they give little girls for their 10th birthday - but the mass killings at schools is felt by our youth and they take it very seriously.
The Founding Fathers didn't grant us any rights. The Bill of Rights are inalienable rights - they didn't create the right, the right is already ours because we are citizens of this country. None of you seem to understand that - the rights in the Bill of Rights were NOT "given" to us by any person. The Bill of Rights is, in a nutshell, a document letting government know what rights THEY cannot infringe on. The government did not "give" us any of the rights in the Bill of Rights.

The Founding Fathers did not "live in cowboy days". Holy hell, who is teaching people these days. Hardly "cowboys".

The 2nd Amendment is not about "cowboy days". It's not about "life duels to just plain draw of pride". It's about protecting ourselves from a tyrannical government. We have these rights already, government did not give them to us, and the very right is to protect ourselves from a government who would want to remove that right.

So, what I "need", is not your concern. It isn't about you and me, it's about us vs the government should they ever decide to start getting tyrannical by, you know, taking away our fricken rights that they didn't give to us.

Old 09-14-2019, 01:37 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,922,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
The Founding Fathers didn't grant us any rights. The Bill of Rights are inalienable rights - they didn't create the right, the right is already ours because we are citizens of this country. None of you seem to understand that - the rights in the Bill of Rights were NOT "given" to us by any person. The Bill of Rights is, in a nutshell, a document letting government know what rights THEY cannot infringe on. The government did not "give" us any of the rights in the Bill of Rights.
Exactly.

And it shouldn't even have to be reiterated, but it does. Again and again and again.
It's pathetic is what it is. Pathetic and a damn shame.

Old 09-14-2019, 01:40 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,118,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Are you advocating not needing a license to buy a gun but a license to shoot a gun?
Not advocating anything. Just telling some one that what they posted is wrong.

Old 09-14-2019, 01:45 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
I know you're smart enough to understand you don't have both options. And I also know that you're smart enough to understand that all of the people/categories listed in the OP are at risk - a lot more risk than was the case, say, 30 or 40 years ago.

We all know that it used to be that almost all gun murders took place in crime-infested neighborhoods. All you had to do was stay away from them to keep your risk minimal. Now, in this new age, anyone and everyone is at risk - anywhere, every day!

And yet capable, educated people continue en mass in deep denial, looking the other way and pretending that their families will be safe whether or not they give another moment's thought to the slaughters around them. It is mind-boggling.

One can only conclude that guns are every bit as much a "religion" to the cold dead hands group as "climate change" hysteria is to the demented left. But continuing to conduct ourselves like it's still 1787 is not an option. Not if there are others that you truly do care about.

All responsible citizens should answer the OP question and give it considerable serious thought before they do.
I did. My answer stands. There are victims and those that refuse to be victims.

Life is not without risk. You can hide in mommy’s basement or face the world knowing the risks and how to mitigate them. I choose the latter.

Taking away a an instrument does nothing. Getting the mentally challenged is easier.

Old 09-14-2019, 01:56 PM

5,958 posts, read 2,875,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
What was that woman doing in that situation in the first place??
How "good" of a woman was she, really? hmm? I mean, honestly. No woman needs a gun to protect herself. And if she says she does, she is just a total paranoid freak. Must suck to live in such fear all the time!! /s.*

* - /s denotes SARCASM.
I miss-read

Old 09-14-2019, 02:02 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,922,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
I miss-read
Well, I didn't make it clear enough.
After your post, I went back quick and edited to make it a bit more clear. lol.

Old 09-14-2019, 02:31 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,716,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I did. My answer stands. There are victims and those that refuse to be victims.

Life is not without risk. You can hide in mommy’s basement or face the world knowing the risks and how to mitigate them. I choose the latter.

Taking away a an instrument does nothing. Getting the mentally challenged is easier.
Sigh.... Hiding in mommy's basement is precisely what the cold dead hands people are doing.

So, to sum up, your gun religion trumps all else, including your family's safety. I was hoping you wouldn't prove me wrong about your ability to see the big picture. Good day.

Old 09-14-2019, 02:39 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,531,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Okay as to why we carry everywhere, long story.

If we have to shoot someone, we will be infront of the grand jury and we will be sued. The opposing counsel will try to show premeditation. Ie, "So Ms. Ounce, on the day you shot the son of my clients, you feared that you would run into him. You strapped on your gun so when you met him, you could shoot him as you did." It may not have gone down like that but that may be the interpretation the jury accepts. So we carry as often as we can so the expectation of each day is like any other day, that the places we go have got no expectation that we will need a gun.

Shotgun is good for, say, 40 yards. When I am traveling outside home town, I have a rifle with me for if anything does go down in our unstable world, I have something good for at least 100 yards. Until it is needed, it can be disassembled, just another tool bag in the car, but if it is needed, then it is ready in under a minute.
Again a handgun is one thing but something like an AR-15, etc is overkill.

Old 09-14-2019, 02:43 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,531,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You lose, I have a few Wilson Combat pistols around.....

I also have a CheyTac....(quick, go google it and figure out what I'm talking about)....

I have a few 1897 Winchester shotguns, 12ga and 16ga......

If you'd like I can go on, but it's obviously you think that only sub-machine guns are valuable.....

That's why you and the OP get laughed at.....
I have TWO guns I lose nothing. I know enough about guns to know what you have. I’m pro-gun if that fact hasn’t been lost on you. Something tells me it has. I’m pointing out that none NEEDS to open carry a fully automatic weapon out in public. I’m sure you’re lost again.

Old 09-14-2019, 03:15 PM

35,691 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

The Founding Fathers did not "live in cowboy days". Holy hell, who is teaching people these days. Hardly "cowboys".

The 2nd Amendment is not about "cowboy days". It's not about "life duels to just plain draw of pride". It's about protecting ourselves from a tyrannical government. We have these rights already, government did not give them to us, and the very right is to protect ourselves from a government who would want to remove that right.

So, what I "need", is not your concern. It isn't about you and me, it's about us vs the government should they ever decide to start getting tyrannical by, you know, taking away our fricken rights that they didn't give to us.
Rights are to do what ever the H I want- period. But that would only work if I own my own island. Reality is rights is a nice word but very negotiable. Ie. Person stopped n they refuse to show ID - eminent domain- getting arrested because sending threats to those in power even though it’s just words - protesting - but need a permit, and the irs going after me when I can’t afford the tax. Rights ? Getting equal pay as that dude that sits near me, even if I work more n know more. And thank you Jesus We can all vote and more recently get a mtg to buy my own house as a woman. Our rights are supposed to be potected by the constitution. But gays can’t marry in many states ?
Wild West was 70 yrs later but all had pistols /muskets whatever prior to being called cowboys - A change of hats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies