Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2019, 12:09 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,214,590 times

Advertisements

Soccer fans are known to be notoriously racist. This attack on the oath of enlistment and our military doesn't surprise me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2019, 12:12 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
So you want unquestioning loyalty from every citizen for the dear leader?
No, we want a military which obeys the orders of the Commander in Chief. Don’t you?

Trump won’t always be the President. But the President will always be the CIC. The Constitution says so.

Old 09-14-2019, 12:14 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Ridiculous, keep politics out of it!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/portland-...125954617.html
It’s ridiculous soccer players are expected to take an oath about the Constitution and obeying orders of the President.

Is this common in other sports?

Never mind.

I misunderstood who recited the oath.

People are free to cheer and boo.

Old 09-14-2019, 12:14 PM

25,442 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Soccer fans are known to be notoriously racist. This attack on the oath of enlistment and our military doesn't surprise me.
Wasn't an attack on either of those. I think we all know who it was an attack on.

Old 09-14-2019, 12:16 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,153,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
No, we want a military which obeys the orders of the Commander in Chief. Don’t you?

Trump won’t always be the President. But the President will always be the CIC. The Constitution says so.
Exactly. They weren’t swearing to obey Trump, they were swearing to obey the orders of the President of the United States. Right now that happens to be Trump. It used to be Obama. Who knows who it will be next. That oath is not to a person, it is to an office.

Old 09-14-2019, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
It’s ridiculous soccer players are expected to take an oath about the Constitution and obeying orders of the President.

Is this common in other sports?
The sound you hear is me banging my head against a wall.

The soccer players were not taking that oath, enlistees to the military were. Allegedly, the Thorns and their fans were supposed to be showing respect to the military by watching the military enlistees do their Oath of Enlistment.

Old 09-14-2019, 12:21 PM

12,202 posts, read 7,221,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You think the only way to show patriotism is to show loyalty (real or fake) to the sitting president? That is how it is in North Korea.

Trump is an idiot, and in a free country people can boo him if they want. Trump deserves to be disrespected, since he shows no respect himself.
Betcha you wouldn't say the same thing if people booed Obama.

Old 09-14-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Wasn't an attack on either of those. I think we all know who it was an attack on.
It was an attack on the office of the President of the United States, no person’s name was given.

Old 09-14-2019, 12:27 PM

25,442 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
It was an attack on the office of the President of the United States, no person’s name was given.
The current resident of the office of president is a farce. He gets no respect because he gives no respect.

Old 09-14-2019, 12:27 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,796,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
They cheered the military people and booed the man who is president only because he betrayed his country to win. I salute them.

Nope. They disrespected the military. Just because it's part of their oath, it does not give the fans the OK to do what they did. These men and/women are putting their lives on the line for the idiots who blew an enlistment oath out of proportion.

Quote:
“I, __________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.”
They seemed to miss that first part of their oath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies