Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2019, 01:28 PM

20,170 posts, read 24,238,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
It’s ridiculous soccer players are expected to take an oath about the Constitution and obeying orders of the President.

Is this common in other sports?

Never mind.

I misunderstood who recited the oath.

People are free to cheer and boo.
I miss Emily Litella.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2019, 01:31 PM

4,317 posts, read 5,759,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
The current resident of the office of president is a farce. He gets no respect because he gives no respect.

And this thinking is part of the reason those of us with our spouses are deployed are dread hearing the door bell ring every day. The hatred for the POTUS is trinkling down and effecting our military. After all the POTUS is the CinC.

This soccer game was proof of that.

Old 09-14-2019, 01:37 PM

20,100 posts, read 16,025,819 times
Quote:
The current resident of the office of president is a farce. He gets no respect because he gives no respect.
I don’t give a flying fig if you or anyone else does or doesn’t respect Trump. He’s pretty dang low on my list of people I admire or respect and, frankly, is often high on the opposite list. I do, however, care very much about respecting the office of the President of the United States and being respectful during something as important as the Oath of Enlistment.

Like I said, would you be okay with an atheist going to a wedding and booing the mention of God or Jesus while the couple was saying their vows?

Old 09-14-2019, 01:40 PM

349 posts, read 258,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
So you want unquestioning loyalty from every citizen for the dear leader?

Ask yourself what other governments have had that?
Yet, when Obama was president, it was demanded by his supporters for e v e r y o n e to be unquestionably loyal to the African/American hybrid.

Old 09-14-2019, 01:42 PM

30,480 posts, read 17,913,344 times
Quote:
Wasn't an attack on either of those. I think we all know who it was an attack on.
President Trump is the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the United States, no matter how much that enrages the left. So, yes, attacking President Trump in that capacity is an attack on the military, which is exactly what those folks did when they disrespected and boo'd the line in question from the oath of enlistment.

Old 09-14-2019, 01:58 PM

7,473 posts, read 3,980,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You think the only way to show patriotism is to show loyalty (real or fake) to the sitting president? That is how it is in North Korea.

Trump is an idiot, and in a free country people can boo him if they want. Trump deserves to be disrespected, since he shows no respect himself.
They booed the OFFICE of the president. The commander-in-chief. So if they serve their 8 years...…...those people also booed a potential Democrat...…...disrespect the man. not the office...…..

Old 09-14-2019, 02:28 PM

15,447 posts, read 10,365,951 times
I'm always suspect of Yahoo News articles. However, if this is true, the fans are apparently ignorant of the oath. Regardless of who the President is (or will be),The Oath of Enlistment remains the same.

Old 09-14-2019, 02:37 PM

11,558 posts, read 11,994,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Well, it's Portland... probably the same people who take to the streets chanting "No border, no wall, no U.S.A. at all".
Very true!

Old 09-14-2019, 03:07 PM

4,317 posts, read 5,759,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I'm always suspect of Yahoo News articles. However, if this is true, the fans are apparently ignorant of the oath. Regardless of who the President is (or will be),The Oath of Enlistment remains the same.
I mean...it's true. Then again here is a video that supports it.
https://www.oregonlive.com/portland-...-ceremony.html

Old 09-14-2019, 03:17 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,824,322 times
How dare they celebrate the military......how unAmerican.....oh wait -- you mean the part where they booed the President.

Not that any conservative booed or heckled a Democrat President.

It's only rude when your team is the victim.

Sick of the bull!@#$.

And I can't think of anything more American than being able to boo the President, criticize, have differences and not be killed, jailed, attacked.

I always thought that was the 'freedom'.....part of the USA.

Guess not.

Now it is -- as long as there is a Republican in office we need to be respectful of the office. If a Democrat is there rule 1 does not apply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies