Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2019, 11:40 PM

814 posts, read 670,235 times

Advertisements

Let's not go to another war please.

Iran launched nearly a dozen cruise missiles and over 20 drones from its territory in the attack on a key Saudi oil facility Saturday, a senior Trump administration official told ABC News Sunday.

Critics condemned Trump's threat to act, especially at the Saudis' behest. Rep. Justin Amash, of Michigan, a former Republican and now Independent, tweeted, "Under our Constitution, the power to commence war lies with Congress, not the president and certainly not Saudi Arabia. We don’t take orders from foreign powers."

https://abcnews.go.com/International...Kv5xVZk73q5GdM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2019, 11:54 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,929,893 times
Remember how Trump ran on a platform of 'Get the hell out of the Middle East!'

Yet Trump supporters are salivating that Trump should start and even bigger mess than Afghanistan in Iran.

Old 09-16-2019, 12:29 AM

I didn't read much from his twitter supporters. The few I did read seemed confused. Nothing new though

Old 09-16-2019, 12:35 AM

10,214 posts, read 15,925,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal77 View Post
Let's not go to another war please.

Iran launched nearly a dozen cruise missiles and over 20 drones from its territory in the attack on a key Saudi oil facility Saturday, a senior Trump administration official told ABC News Sunday.

Critics condemned Trump's threat to act, especially at the Saudis' behest. Rep. Justin Amash, of Michigan, a former Republican and now Independent, tweeted, "Under our Constitution, the power to commence war lies with Congress, not the president and certainly not Saudi Arabia. We don’t take orders from foreign powers."

https://abcnews.go.com/International...Kv5xVZk73q5GdM
Remember when Bill Clinton ordered the US into wars in Bosnia and Kosovo without congressional approval, in places where we had zero American interests? At least we have national interests in the Persian Gulf.

Old 09-16-2019, 12:36 AM

1,768 posts, read 715,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
"Drone attacks claimed by Yemen's Houthi rebels struck two key oil installations inside Saudi Arabia on Saturday, damaging facilities that process the vast majority of the country's crude output and raising the risk of a disruption in world oil supplies"

Gee I'm shocked. So people from one country defended themselves from another country that attacks them. Well I'll be.

How on Gods green earth could this NOT be the first thing that comes into EVERYONES mind. I really wish I could gloat and say "I called it" or "I told you so" but I'm too busy being disgusted by boobus who doesn't get it.

Wake the hell up!
Heard some reporting drones appear to have came from Iran's direction and not yemen.

Old 09-16-2019, 12:44 AM

I'm def not pro war..

But didn't Clinton also erase our debt and leave govt with a big surplus?

Old 09-16-2019, 12:58 AM

17,792 posts, read 13,687,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Remember when Bill Clinton ordered the US into wars in Bosnia and Kosovo without congressional approval, in places where we had zero American interests? At least we have national interests in the Persian Gulf.
I remember we had zero American casualties as well.

Old 09-16-2019, 01:11 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,767,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Stay focused, we are talking about the here and now and what should happen today. What happened under Clinton is irrelevant.

Old 09-16-2019, 01:13 AM

10,214 posts, read 15,925,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
Stay focused, we are talking about the here and now and what should happen today. What happened under Clinton is irrelevant.
It's relevent because the Democrats are criticizing Trump when what their own guy did was more unjustified. Given their own history, Democrats are in no position to criticize President Trump.

Old 09-16-2019, 01:28 AM

16,078 posts, read 10,744,030 times
There are no senior Trump officials left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies