Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2019, 08:13 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,810,121 times

Advertisements

Everything happening now is exactly what was predicted when we pulled out of the Iran deal and imposed sanctions. Everyone said Iran would strike back by going after the oil trade in the region. They are not going to come after us directly, they will attack by proxy by making life difficult for anyone nearby who is friendly with the US. And they will deny the attacks like they always do.

So basically it's a game of chicken. Neither side really wants war but both want their way and will keep talking tough and provoking until someone folds. Or bombs start being exchanged. Whichever comes first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2019, 08:14 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,233 times
Trump looks weak af. Why would be waiting on direction from Saudi’s Arabia? I guess it’s time for trump and kushner to pay up. This does not affect us, let them handle it. He should not be able to act without authorization and that should be a resounding no! Oh but I forgot , those folk in DC are too scared to actually vote on military strikes.

Old 09-16-2019, 08:21 AM

3,840 posts, read 3,066,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Quality post

Are Trumps tweets lies? Do you not believe your own eyes? Trump tweeting about waiting to hear from SA on how to proceed is normal?

Trump tweets to keep dRATs and other enemies of the USA entertained while the real communications is going on behind the scenes. It can't be too difficult to understand, can it?

Old 09-16-2019, 08:28 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
Trump looks weak af. Why would be waiting on direction from Saudi’s Arabia? I guess it’s time for trump and kushner to pay up. This does not affect us, let them handle it. He should not be able to act without authorization and that should be a resounding no! Oh but I forgot , those folk in DC are too scared to actually vote on military strikes.
Because it's a bad move to knee jerk react. Like Trump or not, he knows enough to not show his hand.

Old 09-16-2019, 08:35 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Because it's a bad move to knee jerk react. Like Trump or not, he knows enough to not show his hand.
You missed my point. I don’t think he should react at all, this is not our problem. That tweet makes him look weak, we have no skin in this game.

Old 09-16-2019, 08:39 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
You missed my point. I don’t think he should react at all, this is not our problem. That tweet makes him look weak, we have no skin in this game.
I wish our foreign policy was like the founders envisioned and we didn't have skin in the game. But Trump continued the previous administrations policy of selling weapons to the Saudis. The weapons the Saudis are using to commit genocide on those in Yemen.

Old 09-16-2019, 08:47 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Who bombed Saudi refineries?

Not sure, I wasn't there. Knowledge is power, so the manipulation of facts can be very powerful. One can only speculate.

The Houthi minority in Yemen wants to take credit for it, and they have a strong motive, since the Saudi's are bombing the hell out of Yemen every day with US made weapons and munitions. Naturally they would like that to stop.

If we accept that it is the Houthis then we already know the Saudis are buying the maximum from us to pound that small country to pieces. But if we can be persuaded that it is a threat to Saudi Arabia from another direction entirely, then the pressure will be on to place more weapons into Saudi hands. This would then become very profitable for companies like Northrup, Lockheed Martin and General Dynamics, and that would be very satisfactory to Jared and also to his buddy Mohammad bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (Sheikh Bone Saw).

~ The USA has no business getting involved in an over one thousand year old Shiite Muslim/Sunni Muslim civil war. ~

Old 09-16-2019, 08:50 AM

5,981 posts, read 2,235,359 times
The fact that no one on this forum can take the Federal Government's word, the President's word, Israel's word, or Iran's word shows how chaotic our current administration is. Usually there may be difference in smaller details like why, how, when figuring out the reason for the attack, but the Who Done It were usually agreed on.

As an American citizen I have to be honest and say, we have no idea what the heck is going on in the middle east. We just react to stuff and push blame where ever politically beneficial to do so.

Old 09-16-2019, 08:56 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
We don't have Skin in the Energy Game - we have more than enough right here and in Canada and Mexico (just two of our willing partners)....

The whole ME mess is Israel related and also a throwback to when we DID need their oil.

If Trump pushed more renewables and didn't roll back MPG and other efficiency standards things would be much better. In a heartbeat we could simply legislate energy independence, which is not a bad thing.

There are plenty of other, more advanced, products to trade with the world.

Old 09-16-2019, 08:58 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
But do we think some Yememi hiding out in the hills or even some Hezbolla are shaking in their boots? No. GWB already gave them the full measure and they are stronger than ever. Every strike and weapon sold turns more against us.

That's not an opinion - it's a fact agreed to by the Military and Intel.

It's not our job to protect those murderers and fundamentalists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies