Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2019, 11:38 AM

1,503 posts, read 607,520 times

Advertisements

The only country that really needs higher oil prices right now is USA (hint: shale oil profitability point).

Hmm, who would have launched an attack, for which US-made antimissile systems didn't work?
Oh, yeah, right, that's Iran - for which oil prices makes no difference whatsoever (hint: sanctions), and it just wants to help US shale oil companies.

"L - Logic".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2019, 11:42 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
The article is here:

Saudi Arabia oil facility attack launched from Iranian soil, US officials say
https://www.foxnews.com/world/saudi-...l-us-officials
US officials also say the Russia hacked the US presidential election, but Trump tells us not to believe that.

Old 09-16-2019, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post

My opinion is that the only way that the USA will have some international credibility in the future is after a full term with a different president.
It could take the full terms of several good presidents before we restore any sense of honor and credibility to the USA ... and even that might not be enough until after we have instituted some of the many needed reforms of, and restraints on, presidential powers.

Old 09-16-2019, 11:47 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
You don't know that, the connection between the Houthis and Iranians is little to less.

If anything motive points towards the US or Israel.
I could give you dozens, hundreds of articles from media ranging from Reuters to Al-Monitor to the AP to the Brookings Institute about Iran's support for the Houthi. But I know that even if I took that time you'd stick to what you wrote.

Old 09-16-2019, 11:48 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Gas is up 30 cents near me. Let's see how high we go on this one.

Old 09-16-2019, 11:52 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,503,431 times
Trump is really an A-hole and is in pocket of Saudi's. Not sure why the hell he is telling Saudi's we are locked and ready? Let them find out who did it and let them handle. Why US is in the picture?

Old 09-16-2019, 11:52 AM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Mine hadn't budged this morning, still $2.34. They are looking for any excuse to raise it though.

Old 09-16-2019, 11:54 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,278,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
That’s crazy. The price hasn’t changed near us in San Diego. That may be because it’s sky high already.

Old 09-16-2019, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I could give you dozens, hundreds of articles from media ranging from Reuters to Al-Monitor to the AP to the Brookings Institute about Iran's support for the Houthi. But I know that even if I took that time you'd stick to what you wrote.
The two big sponsors of this client warfare tearing Yemen apart hate one another. Why? ... because of their sectarian differences in the Muslim religion.

There is no doubt that Iran supports the Shiite Houthi to the best of their ability, which is inhibited to some great extent by the geography of the region. It is also true that the Saudis support the faltering Sunni government of Yemen, if only to keep Shiites from gaining power there. If these were two Sunni factions fighting a civil war or two Shiite factions fighting a civil war we would not be hearing about any of this. We would not be any more involved than we were when the factions within Rwanda were butchering one another.

So now Saudi Arabia has a client in Yemen and Iran has a client in Yemen, and they are fighting a brutal proxy war which is threatening to boil over.

We (the USA) have no business getting involved in struggles between those two Muslim giants half way around the world. We can not win in a dirty knife fight between Muslims, we only stand to lose.

Old 09-16-2019, 12:06 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snafu View Post
Wait, is Pompeo or the guy in the White House basing anything on facts from the US Intelligence Agencies? If they are, this would certainly be a first. Me? I'm waiting for the pics so the Sharpie drawings can tell the real story.
Trump can make the case for war with his sharpie like he did with hurricane Dorian hitting Alabama. Bush had the same idea, but he was more high-tech about it with doctored satellite images etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies