Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your position on "climate change"?
I don't believe in climate change. 23 8.52%
I believe in climate change, but not that humans are the majority cause. 115 42.59%
I believe in climate change and that people are the primary cause. 106 39.26%
I don't have enough evidence to arrive at a conclusion. 26 9.63%
Voters: 270. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2019, 12:32 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
That climate change is occurring and that humans are the primary cause. Yes, natural cycles do occur but what has happened since the late 19th century is proven, by science, to be the result or at least heavily influenced by human activity.

What's disputable is what the full impact will be on our ecosystem and what the timeline will look like.
YOU, of all people, shouldn't be forcing your RELIGION on anyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2019, 12:48 PM

5,706 posts, read 3,774,375 times
Climate change is simple chemistry/radiative physics. Scientists have been aware of the impact large amounts of Carbon Dioxide would have on global temperatures since the mid-19th century. Not “believing” in climate change is tantamount to not “believing” in photosynthesis, cell biology, relativity, or any other widely proven and accepted scientific theory.

As such I don’t see climate change as a political issue (this is where I’ll disclose that I’m a Republican and lean hard right on fiscal issues). What to do about it, on the other hand, is a political issue and one that should be thoroughly debated. It simply boggles my mind to see people dig their heads into the sand and deny a basic fact...willful ignorance I guess. I actually spoke to several US congressmen over the summer about possible actions to mitigate the effects of climate change without unduly hindering the economy. This is what the climate change discussion should be about. The fact that we still have to deal with delusional morons denying it exists is adding to the problem.

Old 09-18-2019, 01:20 PM

18,447 posts, read 8,272,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Well, whaddya know!

An opinion piece on a right wing blog claims global warming is a farce and that science must be wrong because the fossil fuel industry sez so.
:
uh no...it's a list of global warming predictions that were wrong

...no one would expect a blog pushing global warming to list failed predictions...now would they

Old 09-18-2019, 01:35 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,798,312 times
They might get me to pay attention if they would stop the constant idiotic, hysterical diatribe. Mankind certainly may have some impact on the climate, but things like this....little Al Roker and the gang are so concerned they have made it the 'issue of the week'. Showed a video of Wash DC under water......I gues they forgot they did the same schtick 30 years ago.....and it didn't happen. I am reminded of the Little Boy Who Cried Wolf.....Once again, just like the gun issue, calm down tell the truth and let's have a discussion. Until then, I am out.....

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb...n-30-years-ago

Old 09-18-2019, 01:46 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,944,421 times
LOL! The religion that isn't a religion just instituted "climate confessions"
https://twitter.com/NBCNewsGraphics/...98230793887750

Old 09-18-2019, 01:49 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,807,317 times
Climate change has evolved into, "I'm right you're wrong political circus". Let the best idiot win, or let science work without the politics.

Old 09-18-2019, 07:21 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,371,787 times
BTW, I drove thru your state twice the last couple weeks. Roads nicely, fairly newly paved but there were 3 "work in progress" messes that meant an 11 hour long drive that should have been 7 hours. I'm sure the traffic backups added to climate change--lots of car exhaust.

Now I dislike TN even more than before!!! Even one of the Cracker Barrel's was awful--cold, dry food.

Old 09-18-2019, 07:26 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,807,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
BTW, I drove thru your state twice the last couple weeks. Roads nicely, fairly newly paved but there were 3 "work in progress" messes that meant an 11 hour long drive that should have been 7 hours. I'm sure the traffic backups added to climate change--lots of car exhaust.

Now I dislike TN even more than before!!! Even one of the Cracker Barrel's was awful--cold, dry food.
What state do you call home?

Old 09-18-2019, 07:53 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
If it is "happening", why have temps remained stable for 20 years, despite increases in CO2?
Stable? Not in the Southern Plains. There, in summer 2011 there were more days of temperatures in the hundends than ever in recorded history. Now this year, Oklahoma City may be chalking up its 14th straight month with temperatures running below average.

Old 09-18-2019, 07:56 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,798,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Stable? Not in the Southern Plains. There, in summer 2011 there were more days of temperatures in the hundends than ever in recorded history. Now this year, Oklahoma City may be chalking up its 14th straight month with temperatures running below average.
Recorded history only goes back to the late 1800's ....and their methods of collecting data were suspect. Look at the big picture, like a graph showing the past 1 million years.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies