Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2019, 11:37 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
If I was Kavanaugh and I was truly innocent I would be pushing The White House to allow a full on investigation to prove innocence.
Serious question, how exactly can you prove innocence?

Since there is no physical evidence, that only leaves an alibi.

We don't know when or where it occurred so that makes an alibi impossible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2019, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
From the WSJ:

Check out the 414-page report on the various allegations against Justice Kavanaugh by the Senate Judiciary Committee, then led by GOP Senator Chuck Grassley. The committee notes it contacted Ms. Ramirez’s legal team hours after the story broke. Ms. Ramirez’s attorney refused seven requests to provide supporting material.

“Despite the refusal of Ramirez’s legal team to assist the Committee in its investigation,” the Senate report notes, “Committee investigators attempted to investigate her claims to the greatest extent possible, and interviewed seven witnesses regarding the allegation.” In the end, the committee found “no verifiable evidence to support Ramirez’s allegations.”

The Times piece laments that the FBI in a supplemental background check didn’t interview a list of individuals supplied by Ms. Ramirez’s legal team who “may” have had corroborating evidence. But the FBI interviewed Ms. Ramirez, two alleged eyewitnesses and a friend of Ms. Ramirez’s from college, and also turned up no substantiating evidence. A third alleged eyewitness declined an interview.
I posted earlier a PBS article link explaining how the NYT couldn't find a single one of the 25 witnesses claimed by Ramirez. But according to some of the people here they're real until we find them and interview them and prove they aren't real.

I'm done with this thread.

The people pushing a book sale trolled, the dumber more desperate democrats jumped on the story to get some publicity and now it's already old news. There will be no impeachment, Kavanaugh will be there for decades and I'm done trying to explain basic logic to insane people.

Old 09-17-2019, 11:57 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I posted earlier a PBS article link explaining how the NYT couldn't find a single one of the 25 witnesses claimed by Ramirez. But according to some of the people here they're real until we find them and interview them and prove they aren't real.

I'm done with this thread.

The people pushing a book sale trolled, the dumber more desperate democrats jumped on the story to get some publicity and now it's already old news. There will be no impeachment, Kavanaugh will be there for decades and I'm done trying to explain basic logic to insane people.
And the current PBS discussion makes it clear Stier was never interviewed by the FBI even though his testimony was forwarded to Wray by a Senator. Wray basically says the investigation "was limited".

The inference again would be it was a cover up.

Old 09-17-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
And the current PBS discussion makes it clear Stier was never interviewed by the FBI even though his testimony was forwarded to Wray by a Senator. Wray basically says the investigation "was limited".

Don't change the narrative, you were talking about the 25 witnesses and after I provided PBS link explaining how they didn't exist you basically called PBS "fake news" and ran away saying you'd never seen the NY times say that.

Well here you go:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/23/u...d-testify.html

Quote:
The Times had interviewed several dozen people over the past week in an attempt to corroborate her story, and could find no one with firsthand knowledge. Ms. Ramirez herself contacted former Yale classmates asking if they recalled the incident and told some of them that she could not be certain Mr. Kavanaugh was the one who exposed himself.
Whoa now...wait a second there....she wasn't even sure it was Kavanaugh...nobody can find the imaginary witnesses but you didn't know any of this. Your posts are utterly Trump-like.

Old 09-17-2019, 12:23 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,946,325 times
Quote:

Stier probably refused to be interviewed.

he was talking to the FBI last year, thru intermediaries, but the FBI wasn't having any of that.

Old 09-17-2019, 12:27 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Don't change the narrative, you were talking about the 25 witnesses and after I provided PBS link explaining how they didn't exist you basically called PBS "fake news" and ran away saying you'd never seen the NY times say that.

Well here you go:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/23/u...d-testify.html

Whoa now...wait a second there....she wasn't even sure it was Kavanaugh...nobody can find the imaginary witnesses but you didn't know any of this. Your posts are utterly Trump-like.
They are utterly different issues that you are deliberately conflating.

The Ramirez attorneys provided a list of 25 people to the FBI. The FBI at best talked to 7 of them.

That the FBI never talked to Stier is well documented. And again Wray observed it was a limited investigation.

Keep covering Kavanaugh. If he does end up impeached eventually it will be fun to quote them.

Old 09-17-2019, 12:35 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
What did he lie about?

Do you have the evidence?
He lied about "boofing." Boofing is well known to ED physicians because young adults overdose often by ingesting alcohol or drugs via this method. Look it up.

It would have been classier if Kavanaugh admitted what it was instead of lying about it and took the opportunity to tell the public is a dangerous practice. Instead he lied like a weasel.

Old 09-17-2019, 12:38 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
So you are agreeing with me?

It is hard to tell because you are saying the same thing I said, back to me, but in an argumentative way, as if you are contradicting something I said.
As an anesthesiologist, you must certainly understand what "boofing" is and how dangerous this practice is due to its bypass of "first pass metabolism."

What is your opinion of Kavanaugh lying about this under oath rather than educating the public about this dangerous practice?

Last edited by jojajn; 09-17-2019 at 12:53 PM..

Old 09-17-2019, 12:56 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
As an anesthesiologist, you must certainly understand what "boofing" is and how dangerous this practice is due to its bypass of "first pass metabolism."

What is your opinion of Kavanaugh lying about this rather than educating the public about this dangerous practice?
My opinion, whether he was lying or not lying, is that he should never have been put in the position where he had to answer the question in the first place. He was answering for things he allegedly did in high school, and then college 25 or 30 years ago. As if any of us are the same person we were 25 or 30 years ago, in our teen years.

It was all a scam by the democrats. It was stuff we usually don't pay attention to, because all of us acted stupid when we were younger. But this time, the democrats were going to get revenge for Obama and Garland, so they decided that nothing would be off limits with this nominee. Not even his childhood. Anyone who took it seriously, either got played, or they were in on the scam.

To me, any bit of dirt they get from that, is fruit from a poisonous tree.

Old 09-17-2019, 01:01 PM

Quote:
They are utterly different issues that you are deliberately conflating.

The Ramirez attorneys provided a list of 25 people to the FBI. The FBI at best talked to 7 of them.

That the FBI never talked to Stier is well documented. And again Wray observed it was a limited investigation.

Keep covering Kavanaugh. If he does end up impeached eventually it will be fun to quote them.
Thanks Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies