Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2019, 01:01 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
My opinion, whether he was lying or not lying, is that he should never have been put in the position where he had to answer the question in the first place. He was answering for things he allegedly did in high school, and then college 25 or 30 years ago. As if any of us are the same person we were 25 or 30 years ago, in our teen years.

It was all a scam by the democrats. It was stuff we usually don't pay attention to, because all of us acted stupid when we were younger. But this time, the democrats were going to get revenge for Obama and Garland, so they decided that nothing would be off limits with this nominee. Not even his childhood. Anyone who took it seriously, either got played, or they were in on the scam.

To me, any bit of dirt they get from that, is fruit from a poisonous tree.
Regardless, we both know Kavanaugh lied under oath. He could have taken the higher ground and explained he did foolish things in high school/college, truthfully answered the question, and then advised youth of the dangers.

I lost all respect for that weasel after he answered that question.

BTW, I didn't do stupid stuff like boofing or drugs in high school or college. Kavanaugh was a privileged frat boy who never faced the consequences of his behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2019, 01:08 PM

17,608 posts, read 6,894,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Regardless, we both know Kavanaugh lied under oath. He could have taken the higher ground and explained he did foolish things in high school/college, truthfully answered the question, and then advised youth of the dangers.

I lost all respect for that weasel after he answered that question.

BTW, I didn't do stupid stuff like boofing or drugs in high school or college. Kavanaugh was a privileged frat boy who never faced the consequences of his behavior.
Nah, Blasey-Ford lied under oath. The evidence is sitting right under your nose but you won't acknowledge it. You are not a fair person. You would rather destroy someone whose politics don't match yours than be intellectually honest.

Old 09-17-2019, 01:20 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Nah, Blasey-Ford lied under oath. The evidence is sitting right under your nose but you won't acknowledge it. You are not a fair person. You would rather destroy someone whose politics don't match yours than be intellectually honest.

Kavanaugh lied about boofing under oath. Therefore not SCOTUS material.

Old 09-17-2019, 01:31 PM

18,458 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Quote:
Bill Clinton lied under oath about sex. Does that mean he was not POTUS material?

Old 09-17-2019, 01:36 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Bill Clinton lied under oath about sex. Does that mean he was not POTUS material?
No, but he did get impeached.

Old 09-17-2019, 01:38 PM

8,060 posts, read 3,941,959 times
Quote:
You have a slight temporal problem...

Your "definition" of "boofing" did not enter the etymology until some 30 years after Kavanaugh was in high school.

Old 09-17-2019, 02:41 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
As an anesthesiologist, you must certainly understand what "boofing" is and how dangerous this practice is due to its bypass of "first pass metabolism."

What is your opinion of Kavanaugh lying about this under oath rather than educating the public about this dangerous practice?
The one person in all of this who has never had to correct their story is Brett Kavanaugh

Old 09-17-2019, 02:43 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
how much time and money was spent looking for a stain on a dress.
none. the stain was very easy to find.

Old 09-17-2019, 04:34 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I posted earlier a PBS article link explaining how the NYT couldn't find a single one of the 25 witnesses claimed by Ramirez. But according to some of the people here they're real until we find them and interview them and prove they aren't real.

I'm done with this thread.

The people pushing a book sale trolled, the dumber more desperate democrats jumped on the story to get some publicity and now it's already old news. There will be no impeachment, Kavanaugh will be there for decades and I'm done trying to explain basic logic to insane people.
Where is the hand clap emoji? I feel your pain.

Old 09-17-2019, 05:15 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
He lied about "boofing." Boofing is well known to ED physicians because young adults overdose often by ingesting alcohol or drugs via this method. Look it up.

It would have been classier if Kavanaugh admitted what it was instead of lying about it and took the opportunity to tell the public is a dangerous practice. Instead he lied like a weasel.
No one heard of that kind of boofing back in the ‘80s. Slang changes all the time, and is often different depending on what area of the country you live, particularly back before the Internet and Urban Dictionary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies