Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2019, 09:32 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,815,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Consensual sex (Clinton & Monica) is bad but a bunch different than Kavanaugh’s attempted rape of Dr. Ford, or his sticking his naked penis in a woman’s face. Clinton was impeached but finished out his term and then he was out of power.

But Kavanaugh is on the Supreme Court for life. He is as bad, if not worse, than Clarence Thomas. I expect Supreme Court Justices to have sterling characters. Sadly, those two do not.
Kavanaugh does have a sterling character. Not a single accusation has been proven, not even a hint of evidence presented. There accusations are no different than if I accused you of sexual assault right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2019, 09:39 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
The press has done a pretty good trick by slinging so much mud they themselves are now covered in it

Old 09-20-2019, 05:39 AM

35,061 posts, read 17,006,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
They don't seem like liars but I guess the response to anyone criticizing Kavanaugh including Ford, Rodriguez is they are lying. The book was pretty detailed with references and back-up for their many interviews, I thought it was a fair portrayal of Kavanaugh. I haven heard a response from Kavanaugh. Why would they lie, what is there to gain. That seems to be the case with the other women, they didn't want to be in the spotlight and had nothing to gain.
Would you want your high school and (if you went) college like put under a microscope years later?

Old 09-20-2019, 05:52 AM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Would you want your high school and (if you went) college like put under a microscope years later?
All these cabinet members and judges come under severe scrutiny, more so today than in past years. Its to be expected.

Old 09-20-2019, 06:05 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,020 times
Quote:
Consensual sex (Clinton & Monica) is bad but a bunch different than Kavanaugh’s attempted rape of Dr. Ford, or his sticking his naked penis in a woman’s face. Clinton was impeached but finished out his term and then he was out of power.

But Kavanaugh is on the Supreme Court for life. He is as bad, if not worse, than Clarence Thomas. I expect Supreme Court Justices to have sterling characters. Sadly, those two do not.
LOL, you believe the mainstream media!

What's that like?

Old 09-20-2019, 06:09 AM

21,470 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Would it make sense to ask someone on a yearbook entry if they "farted yet?"

Everyone farts everyday.
We are talking about teenage boys who probably thought the word boof was funny, so yes, it does make sense. I’m telling you as someone who went to high school in the ‘80s that no one said boofing to mean what it currently means.

Old 09-20-2019, 06:09 AM

5,734 posts, read 3,252,087 times
And you believe the allegations against justice Kavanaugh?
Really?

Quote:

Old 09-20-2019, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
No, you don't seem to realize that 4 years and over 6 million was spent to determine whether Pres. Clinton considered a BJ sexual relations.

Compare that to just 1 hearing for Kavanaugh.

However, if you want "even-Steven," lets spend over 6 million dollars and 4 years investigating Kavanaugh's interpretation of boofing.
You don’t seem to realize that the Starr Independent Council investigation was not to determine whether Clinton got a BJ. It started as an investigation into the Whitewater scandal. I was personally against impeachment of Bill Clinton, but let’s not re-write history.

Old 09-20-2019, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
You are clearly suffering from partisan blindness. There is substantial indications that Kavanaugh lied. DNC has nothing to do with it. And it is a shame that it is a partisan issue.

There was a reasonable arrangement on US Supreme Court Justice selection and approval. All gone now for a partisan battle. An most of this can be laid at the doorstep of the Republican leadership.
How’s the weather in your alternate universe? It is well documented that it was the Democrats who turned the Supreme Court selection and approval process into the crap show it is today. Name one time a Republican did anything remotely like this to a Democratic nominee.

Last edited by katygirl68; 09-20-2019 at 06:34 AM..

Old 09-20-2019, 06:32 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,010,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
How’s the weather in your alternate universe? It is well documented that it was the Democrats who turned the Supreme Court selection and approval into the crap show they are today. Name one time a Republican did anything remotely like this to a Democratic nominee.
Hillary Clinton.. Obama and him being a muslim gay terrorist from Kenya, George Soros being completely evil too.. I just named 3 without any research at all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies