Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2019, 03:54 PM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Your outrage is pretty thin when it is the Dems that WANT due process—which meant have the FBI investigate the allegations—
I'm not outraged by the behavior of the democrats. wasting energy on outrage would be silly and unproductive. I am shocked by the democrats on so many fronts these days, however. the democratic party is morally and politically broken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2019, 04:17 PM

57,263 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I'm not outraged by the behavior of the democrats. wasting energy on outrage would be silly and unproductive. I am shocked by the democrats on so many fronts these days, however. the democratic party is morally and politically broken.
Its an election cycle, candidates say crazy things whether its democrats or republicans during a presidential election, no one really believes he will be removed but it does give insight into his background. People will choose to believe what they want but this does sound credible. We are stuck with Kavanaugh whether we like it or not.

Last edited by Goodnight; 09-15-2019 at 04:32 PM..

Old 09-15-2019, 04:52 PM

20,104 posts, read 9,011,934 times
FBi says this is all baloney, just like last time. let em squeal

Old 09-15-2019, 05:01 PM

57,263 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
FBi says this is all baloney, just like last time. let em squeal
BS, post the link.

Old 09-15-2019, 05:48 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Do you have proof of the allegations against Kavanaugh?

Please present it
They believe allegations are proof.

Old 09-15-2019, 06:04 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,344,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
They believe allegations are proof.
This is not a criminal trial. It is basically a more good or more bad.

I personally suspect Kavanaugh did as suggested. I do not think that was necessarily fatal however. Stupid drunken hi jinks. Lying about it however could be fatal...lying to the Senate under oath is criminal.

So if we elect a Democrat Senate we may well find out if it was more likely true than false.

Old 09-15-2019, 06:11 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,153,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Not true. From the NYT article...

We also uncovered a previously unreported story about Mr. Kavanaugh in his freshman year that echoes Ms. Ramirez’s allegation. A classmate, Max Stier, saw Mr. Kavanaugh with his pants down at a different drunken dorm party, where friends pushed his penis into the hand of a female student. Mr. Stier, who runs a nonprofit organization in Washington, notified senators and the F.B.I. about this account, but the F.B.I. did not investigate and Mr. Stier has declined to discuss it publicly. (We corroborated the story with two officials who have communicated with Mr. Stier.)
You forgot to add the part where the “victim” says she has no memory of it happening.

Old 09-15-2019, 06:15 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,344,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
You forgot to add the part where the “victim” says she has no memory of it happening.
So what? There are purported two other witnesses present that say it did happen. And maybe they have the wrong lady. But do they have the right dude is the real question. And actually the original reporter has been ducking the issue.

And an in depth FBI investigation might well have been able to determine what did happen. But that did not occur. The obvious inference is Kavanaugh was being protected.

Old 09-15-2019, 06:24 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,153,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
So what? There are purported two other witnesses present that say it did happen. And maybe they have the wrong lady. But do they have the right dude is the real question.

And an in depth FBI investigation might well have been able to determine what did happen. But that did not occur. The obvious inference is Kavanaugh was being protected.
I don’t know, but according to the story, whoever it was did not willingly put their penis on the female. According to the story the witness gave, the male in question had their penis pushed into the female’s hands by friends, in other words the friends created a situation where they forced the female to touch the male’s genitalia without his consent. Touching a person’s genitalia without their consent is assault. Whoever the male was in that situation, whether it is Kavanaugh or someone else, is a victim of sexual assault. Why are we blaming the victim?

Old 09-15-2019, 06:39 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I don’t know, but according to the story, whoever it was did not willingly put their penis on the female. According to the story the witness gave, the male in question had their penis pushed into the female’s hands by friends, in other words the friends created a situation where they forced the female to touch the male’s genitalia without his consent. Touching a person’s genitalia without their consent is assault. Whoever the male was in that situation, whether it is Kavanaugh or someone else, is a victim of sexual assault. Why are we blaming the victim?
So now the woman is the aggressor
Classic case of blaming the victim...

Kavanaugh ALLOWED that to happen
They didn’t have to hold him down or force him at gun point
Get real...
He was tucking it up
He was a huge frat boy in prep school and college—
The only reason he reined his behavior in is that he knew doing it as an adult would stop his ambitions cold...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies