Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2019, 04:47 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,339,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
No, there isn't. But there's no lie you won't repeat at the behest of the DNC.
You are clearly suffering from partisan blindness. There is substantial indications that Kavanaugh lied. DNC has nothing to do with it. And it is a shame that it is a partisan issue.

There was a reasonable arrangement on US Supreme Court Justice selection and approval. All gone now for a partisan battle. An most of this can be laid at the doorstep of the Republican leadership.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2019, 04:55 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,325,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Hmmm, an unsubstantiated accusation from 30 years ago made by a registered Democrat against a Republican nominee for the Supreme Court.

It is very interesting that this accusation has just now surfaced.

The childish political games being played by Liberals in Washington are disgusting.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Kavanaugh.html

There is nothing fake about the New York Times! Failure to accept the truth is childish and disgusting.

Last edited by tillman7; 09-19-2019 at 05:05 PM..

Old 09-19-2019, 05:08 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,503,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I’m just asking you for consistency.

I think the Clinton BJ investigation and the Kavanaugh investigations were both a huge waste of time and money.

You seem to only think it is a waste when democrats are the targets. There is no consistency in your criticism. Sure, you will come up with reasons why one is important to investigate and the other is not, but that is all just BS, so you can feel good about rooting for your team, and rooting against the other one.
A bunch of you don't know what Slick's impeachment was about or just like writing the letters bj.

He wasn't impeached because of sex in the WH or lying to the public. He lied to federal grand juries, suborned others to perjure themselves, attempted to influence the testimony of others, and suppressed evidence. Whether that was worth $0, $8 million, or more is opinion. Continuing to say sex was the reason for impeachment is hackery or ignorance.

Old 09-19-2019, 05:10 PM

17,616 posts, read 6,900,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
You are clearly suffering from partisan blindness. There is substantial indications that Kavanaugh lied. DNC has nothing to do with it. And it is a shame that it is a partisan issue.

There was a reasonable arrangement on US Supreme Court Justice selection and approval. All gone now for a partisan battle. An most of this can be laid at the doorstep of the Republican leadership.
Nobody believes that except the worst partisan hacks out there. Congratulations, you've proven yourself to be one of them. But you proved it long ago here on C-D.

Old 09-19-2019, 05:12 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,807,239 times
Quote:
No, there isn't. But there's no lie you won't repeat at the behest of the DNC.
How do we know Kavanaugh didn't lie unless we spend 6 million and 4 years to investigate just as the GOP did of President Clinton?

Lets get Kavanaugh's college buddies under oath and settle this. You wouldn't want a SCOTUS to be above the law, would you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQGrTMLYTCI&t=188s

Old 09-19-2019, 05:15 PM

17,616 posts, read 6,900,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
How do we know Kavanaugh didn't lie unless we spend 6 million and 4 years to investigate just as the GOP did of President Clinton?

Lets get Kavanaugh's college buddies under oath and settle this. You wouldn't want a SCOTUS to be above the law, would you?
I'm a little more conscious than you are about spending taxpayer's money. Probably because you don't pay much.

Old 09-19-2019, 05:20 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,149,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
Americans seem to be more forgiving the last few years. Trump and his paid off hookers, Cavanaugh and his history - I guess as long as their 401ks are okay and their right to own military style munitions isn't hampered, they're (Americans) good with it all.

George Washington, Abe Lincoln and other great Americans must be turning in their graves.
Since in their time period the actions that occurred would just be considered boys being boys I doubt that is what is making them turn in their graves.

Old 09-19-2019, 05:27 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,807,239 times
Quote:
I'm a little more conscious than you are about spending taxpayer's money. Probably because you don't pay much.
I want my tax dollars to pay for salaries only of Justices with good character and high integrity.

BTW, when your GOP was on a BJ witch hunt against President Clinton, money and resources were no object.

Old 09-19-2019, 05:30 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,807,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
There is compelling evidence that Kavanaugh lied under oath. Lets spend 6 million to determine if he did.
Actually, there is no compelling evidence, not one single bit, nothing, zilch, zero. And they only pursue perjury, which is more than just lying.

Old 09-19-2019, 05:46 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,339,800 times
Quote:
Nobody believes that except the worst partisan hacks out there. Congratulations, you've proven yourself to be one of them. But you proved it long ago here on C-D.
Your view is absurd. Yes I am a long term Democrat. In fact the family is such two generations back.,,

However I am a relatively conservative one a long way from the left wing of the party.

I do have trouble with partisan hacks. You obviously enjoy the role.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies