Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2019, 08:54 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,531,232 times

Advertisements

Damn those teachers for wanting to be able to make a living.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2019, 08:59 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post

All of this is pretty common knowledge.

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/2016...ching-numbers/

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...nm4-story.html

Oh. My bad. I forgot to say this ...

(From the second link.)
Why would it be common knowledge unless you live in Chicago. I guess you don't know how many special needs kids teachers have. No private school will take them. You have no clue, do you.

Old 09-21-2019, 09:00 PM

17,401 posts, read 14,631,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Why would it be common knowledge unless you live in Chicago. I guess you don't know how many special needs kids teachers have. No private school will take them. You have no clue, do you.
You are the one who doesn't have a clue. Obviously.

Old 09-21-2019, 09:04 PM

Quote:
You are the one who doesn't have a clue. Obviously.
My sister is a special ed teacher. My daughter is a kindergarten teacher. I have other family members who are teachers. I can't tell you what they go trough to try and educate kids. So come again about me not having a clue.

Old 09-21-2019, 09:04 PM

17,401 posts, read 14,631,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
My sister is a special ed teacher. My daughter is a kindergarten teacher. I have other family members who are teachers. I can't tell you what they go trough to try and educate kids. So come again about me not having a clue.
Stop.

My mother was a CPS teacher.

You're embarrasing yourself.

Old 09-21-2019, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Stop.

My mother was a CPS teacher.

You're embarrasing yourself.
Please tell me how.

Old 09-21-2019, 09:20 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,233,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
What I've also noticed is that the longer the teacher has been teaching, the less they do.

Unlike other professions where to move up you constantly have to acquire new skills, new degrees, more responsibility, the same is not true of teaching.

The more tenured you are the less work you do. You can create your own classes, cherry pick curricula, 'skate' by on reusing last year's lesson plans ... for years.
You have obviously never worked in a public school. Continuing education is required to keep certification.
In most places tenure is a thing of the past. And most young teachers burn out within ten years for lack of support, low pay and the stress of the job.

Old 09-21-2019, 09:22 PM

13,072 posts, read 7,505,741 times
Imo
Give the teachers their just compensation and repect. The average middle student will get what you pay for, average. .The left tail of other curve will get most of education dollars, and be struggling throughout life. The right leading head of the curve, will get the fewest dollars but be the most successful.
Where is your child found on the education and learning curve?
Perhaps home school?

Last edited by leastprime; 09-21-2019 at 09:30 PM..

Old 09-21-2019, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
What I've also noticed is that the longer the teacher has been teaching, the less they do.

Unlike other professions where to move up you constantly have to acquire new skills, new degrees, more responsibility, the same is not true of teaching.

The more tenured you are the less work you do. You can create your own classes, cherry pick curricula, 'skate' by on reusing last year's lesson plans ... for years.
Again, someone who has no idea what teachers actually do yet think they know it all.

Old 09-22-2019, 03:26 AM

3 posts, read 487 times
Public schools are an assault against children, and teachers are some of the worst scum of society.
I didnt learn any useful life skills from school aside from some basic reading, writing, and math skills which I had already acquired by the end of 6th grade. The rest of those years were just busy work with no real life application.
Schools are simply government indoctrination centers, resembling prisons more than anything. Just look at what they feed kids, its almost indistinguishable from prison food. Tells you alot about how much these moralizing busybodies care about children when they feed them dangerously unhealty, processed slop.

Homework is clearly designed to disrupt family life by not only stealing precious bonding time, but also causing conflict between parents and their resentful children who just want to relax after 8hrs of mind numbing governement propaganda.

The system has 0 incentive to educate children. Teachers dont care about kids, and are essentially glorified daycare workers.
Just think about how we put children through 13 years of government education and they come out just as economically destitute, with no valuable skills, and no real understanding of important topics such as philosophy, history, and economics, as when they started.

Public schools are a joke, and no, teachers shouldn't be payed more, they should be payed less. At least that might incentivise them to care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies