Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2019, 06:37 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Can you?

The elderly man did not use a gun.
Correct, the elderly man being charged with murder stabbed one of the two home invaders with the home invaders own weaoon while in the kitchen.

There was no gun involved. The elderly man was injured while fighting for his life. The elderly man used his attacker's weapon.

I guess Finn will just make up his own facts, kind of like what he does with math.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2019, 06:39 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
And that was used in a completely DIFFERENT CASE than this home invasion of the elderly man who is charged with murder.

Once again, read the article.

Charged with or simply arrested?

I have to imagine in many cases arresting anyone/everyone involved while you sort things out is not uncommon - even in this country.

Old 09-19-2019, 06:48 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Can you?

The elderly man did not use a gun. Comprehension fail. Way to double down.
Ok. Yes, I was actually referring to the Tony Martin case, where a shotgun was used in a practically identical situation.

Old 09-19-2019, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post

I have to imagine in many cases arresting anyone/everyone involved while you sort things out is not uncommon - even in this country.
He was cleared of all charges, so the whole claim here is still bogus.

Old 09-19-2019, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post

I'm not sure how it works in the UK, but he had to post bail to be released.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8289561.html

Quote:

Police released Mr Osborn-Brooks, 78, on bail on Thursday after questioning him in connection with what happened during the suspected burglary at his London home at around 12.45am on Wednesday
Other articles say that he was not charged after the coroner ruled it wasn't a homocide.

Still sad he had to endure being arrested and have to post bail.

Old 09-19-2019, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He was cleared of all charges, so the whole claim here is still bogus.
And yet you had the facts all screwed up and kept repeating falsehoods that you double downed on.

Old 09-19-2019, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Ok. Yes, I was actually referring to the Tony Martin case, where a shotgun was used in a practically identical situation.
Because you didn't read it before spouting off.

Old 09-19-2019, 07:03 AM

19,839 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Quote:

Other articles say that he was not charged after the coroner ruled it wasn't a homocide.

Even worse, the two men who broke into their home were Travelers. Other members of the gang threatened the life of the elderly man and his wife, saying they will forever have the threat of death in retaliation. The elderly gentleman and his wife ended up having to move from their home for their safety.

Old 09-19-2019, 07:05 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:

Sad? Maybe. Unexpected? I wouldn't think so. He gets his bail money refunded just like he would here in the States, I assume.

Old 09-19-2019, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Because you didn't read it before spouting off.
At least I admitted I had the two cases mixed up.

You, in the other hand, stick your false claim that it is illegal in UK to defend yourself. To back up the claim, you offered a story which proved you dead wrong. The guy in your story defended himself and was cleared of all charges.

Don't be too proud to admit being wrong. Of course in your case it would be awkward since it happens so often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies