Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2019, 11:57 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Do you have a link to a reputable source?
Nope.

Here's the actual legislation.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-44230786
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2019, 12:05 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Nope.

Here's the actual legislation.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-44230786
Oh! So sex without clear “verbal or physical” consent is rape...who would be angry about that?
(MU- Which part is about about dinner?)

Old 09-18-2019, 04:16 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,035,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I'm guessing this person has never really been sexually assaulted. Because if she had, she wouldn't be comparing this to an actual rape. It's not even in the same ballpark. I would find the man's behavior heinous but it's not rape.
I read somewhere if two consenting adults have sex, and the woman was drunk at the time, then it actually was not consentual and thus rape.

Old 09-18-2019, 05:27 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,876,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Oh! So sex without clear “verbal or physical” consent is rape...who would be angry about that?
(MU- Which part is about about dinner?)
The dinner was mostly an example. The law doesn't use that word. It's about seducing a woman, including with a "romantic dinner". At the rate we're going, a woman will be signing a legal waiver before allowing a man to have sex with her. The man will be required to sign the waiver as well, to assume any and all legal risks of engaging in sex, including withdrawal (no pun intended) of consent after the fact. All stamped by a public notary for good measure.

Of course, it seems like only straight sex is like this. What about sex between LGBT persons? It doesn't seem to have the same problems.

I know someone will misunderstand me. So... Rapists are garbage. Anyone who commits rape deserves what they get. But broadening the definition of rape so much that every Timothy risks getting charged with it the minute he's alone with a woman, is not a solution, either. (Chads seldom, if ever, get charged with it, but I digress.)

Last edited by MillennialUrbanist; 09-18-2019 at 05:42 AM..

Old 09-18-2019, 05:32 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
I don't think I can be for the criminalizing of it. It is very cruel, but this might be taking things a bit far...
But on the other hand if you are consenting based on fraud and deceit that isn't really consent.

Old 09-18-2019, 06:45 AM

15,073 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
Old news! At least for Sweden. In Sweden, leading a woman on, or inviting her to dinner for the purpose of seducing her into sex, is a crime. It translates from Swedish as "constructive rape". Eek! No wonder Red Pillers hate that country and call it a "feminist wasteland". I actually agree with them on this.

I absolutely will not travel there for as long as I live. Or if I must travel there for business, I'll limit my communication with local women to "hej" (hello) and "adjö" (goodbye). It makes America look male-friendly in comparison, even with feminism in full force.
Sweden's current majority controlling party has made feminism a main priority and focus. I believe there are a many things we can learn from a foreign country's politics but I do not agree with a lot of the feminist driven politics lately that has consumed Sweden. Yes... feminism gone to far is no longer about equality. The other side is that someone posted that they have a high rate of rape.. so it could be a reaction to that statistic. They also have a higher representation of females in the government which is not necessarily a bad thing.

Old 09-18-2019, 07:58 AM

3,144 posts, read 1,601,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
But on the other hand if you are consenting based on fraud and deceit that isn't really consent.
THis goes to the core issue. What about consent based on promises of a future and even engagement and only to find out the individual was living with, engaged or married and this was never disclosed. Also, what if a one party is deceived about the other's contraception use.

I don't see anything wrong with a disclosure form re current relationships, sexually transmittable diseases, exclusivity, use of contraception, etc. so consent is informed consent.

Last edited by Maddie104; 09-18-2019 at 08:10 AM..

Old 09-18-2019, 08:36 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,035,856 times
I recall an article where a woman sued a man that promised to marry her, only to back out of it at the last minute. This was after she sold her home and was on her way to move into his house.

So at least she can have a civil case with said guy.

Old 09-18-2019, 09:16 AM

18,548 posts, read 15,586,958 times
Lying to a woman about your motives is a CIVIL matter, not a criminal one. You could try to bring it up in divorce court or family court if alimony or child support is involved, but as others point out, it is almost impossible to prove.

Old 09-18-2019, 09:19 AM

18,548 posts, read 15,586,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Sort of. Food companies deceive us all the time with ads making it look juicier than it really is, but it hardly seems accurate to say that we were force-fed.

Similarly, a partner may be misleading with regard to motive but that hardly makes it "rape".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies