Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2020, 02:10 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
an obviously male person came into the women's restroom recently at the Walmart while I was in the bathroom. several women yelled at him to get out. he said he was a woman. these women threw him physically out of the bathroom facility.

I watched in awe....but was not surprised. these were adult women, not teenage girls, and not required to accept politically correct bull****.

I feel very sorry for girls in public school who don't have the power adult women have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongobongo View Post
I don't agree. You use the locker room based upon what is or isn't in your pants, not what is or isn't in your head. All other opinions are stupid and those that hold them are idiots.
So, did they pull down the pants of this person? How did they know he didn't have actual female parts? According to mongo, if the person had female parts, that's the bathroom they should've used.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2020, 02:27 PM

89,007 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Hate to break it to you but that is EXACTLY how women's locker rooms are, everyone strips in front of everyone else & showers in front of everyone else.
Exactly. Especially in large enrollment schools (thousands of students) like those in District 211 (the IL public high school district in the article in the OP).

Old 01-11-2020, 04:38 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,397,248 times
Given that objectively there is no such thing as the Marxist linguistic creation known as "transgender", I don't agree with any such unisex access just because anyone claims a material fiction that is indicative of mental illness.

Old 02-01-2020, 12:17 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,788,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I think there needs to be a general change in how things are done.

I went to an all girls' high school and I guess I was shy/a prude/ I did not dress and undress in the open locker room...even when showering (we had shower stalls/curtains). I never wanted to walk around naked even if front of a bunch of girls.

So new schools should have locker rooms that allow for privacy. They all don't have to shower like prison inmates in the open.

BUT...in the meantime. There aren't a significant population of transgender students at schools, and I think each school needs to work with the students to work out an acceptable way to deal with this.

(I was a band Mom and even with changing into the band uniform some kids just didn't want to change in front of other kids....sure some kids dropped their pants no matter who was there -- male/female -- but many wanted privacy and there was always an opportunity to change discreetly).

The dynamic is a bit different for boys. Traditionally, boys were always expected to not need privacy, and were demanded to change in an open locker room for gym class and to use a gang shower after gym class. Many boys felt uncomfortable as it was, and now they will have to deal with any girl that thinks she's a boy, having equal access to their locker rooms. Men's rest rooms are the same, urinals provide little privacy. So, imagine if the doors, and petitions were taken off the stalls in the girls/women's rest rooms what the reaction would be? -Then, suggest trans women will have access to such rest rooms with no privacy. It reminds me a bit of the time back in the 70's when women sports journalists were demanding free access to the men's locker rooms of professional sports teams; it was the perfect way to strip a charismatic male athlete, and role model of his privacy and dignity, and for awhile it worked.

Old 02-01-2020, 12:23 PM

24,630 posts, read 9,458,962 times
I self identify as a rich oil Arab, still waiting for my supercars and mansion

Old 02-01-2020, 12:26 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
Do I agree?

Well, I don't have a horse in that race. No children here and even when it comes to nieces and nephews and children of cousins and so forth......I still don't have a horse in that race. What I think does not come before what the parents think.

That's their call, not mine.

Old 02-01-2020, 12:33 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
The dynamic is a bit different for boys. it was the perfect way to strip a charismatic male athlete, and role model of his privacy and dignity, and for awhile it worked.
You act as if a lot of those male athletes weren't prancing around like Toms (Turkeys Peacocks) at the choice........

Personally I was always uncomfortable with the idea of the gang showers in 7th grade, etc - and I'm a very "straight" male. People have been clothed for 100's of thousands of years so it comes as somewhat of a shock to the system......

But, on the other hand, Dad took us to the "health club" most every saturday where the first thing we did was get naked.....BUT, we did wrap a towel around ourselves.

I think the norm today for most people is some degree of modesty and privacy. I do a LOT of reading and this has been true even in the Service, in War time and in a lot of times and places.

I've had various personal experiences in schools, gyms, etc - but probably the most "open" was when I lived on a commune back in the 1970s. The entire place had only one shower/bath house...and, there we were with an average age of perhaps 23. 100's of us.......

I have to say that it was somewhat "normal", even the first time....even tho I am an introvert and modest and shy. There I was in the waiting area sitting right across from the woman who perhaps had the largest.....well, you know, in the entire group.

Nothing out of sorts ever occurred at the shower house.

I also went to summer camps for at least 6 years of my youth - so being naked with little privacy was somewhat normal then. Still, even with all those experiences I default to "shy". I chalk this up to being brought up in a household with a private bath just my bro and I. My take, perhaps wrong, is that those brought up with large families in a one bath house may tend less toward modesty.

As an aside I have read first hand reports of various "very shy" people who have been in the military recently and been in boot camps and even overseas and most have reported that their wishes and hopes (privacy) was granted in the vast majority of instances.

I used outhouses for many years but most were one-holes. If if it was a two-holer there were two doors and a wall....our own outhouse was a 3 sider - that is, no door but it overlooked an empty forested holler.

As far as today, many of the bathrooms in our neck of the woods are unisex and marked so on the doors. School bathrooms are another matter but, unfortunately, trans and such aren't the biggest problems there. It's bullying. I remember when my son was smaller kids were getting pushed into the urinals, etc - that makes a bigger mark on one's mind than wondering who is in the stall.

Prediction: In the future most all bathrooms will be private or, at least, have more privacy. This is even the case now and is true in many Euro countries. Go to a Club Med or such and you will find stalls that go down to the floor level.

Old 02-01-2020, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
I self identify as a rich oil Arab, still waiting for my supercars and mansion
Well, yeah, to the complainers here I would say "lift yourself and your children up by your bootstraps and succeed to the point when you can afford private school which has bathrooms to your liking".

But as long as parents are going to be on Government welfare (it's the rare bird that pays enough in taxes to fund their children in public school), then beggars can't be too choosy.

Old 02-01-2020, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Exactly. Especially in large enrollment schools (thousands of students) like those in District 211 (the IL public high school district in the article in the OP).
In gyms and tennis facilities in the most wealthy areas this is the case for adults also. One might wonder why Supermom wants no privacy, but that is the case.

Old 02-01-2020, 01:31 PM

732 posts, read 1,046,070 times
I self identify as a dirty old man and if unisex locker rooms become the norm, I will tough it out and share space with 18 year old women. Ok, all kidding aside...

These "trans" kids aren't damaged or shamed by bullying or shaming. They revel in it. They wear it as a badge of honor and boast about it on social media. The more attention they get the better. What better way to get attention than loudly proclaiming yourself transgender? It even brought some dorky 9 year old national attention when a certain nutty presidential candidate promised to allow him/her/it to interview her sec. of education prospect.

The madness will never end. Soon, being trans won't be cool, edgy or woke enough and the ball will continue to evolve. What next? Stay tuned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies