Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2019, 03:12 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
They ask their parents for a loan?
Ask their parents for a loan...

You're saying that Trump is among those who donated to Yang?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2019, 03:35 AM

78 posts, read 37,453 times
Yang supporters are essentially the Bernie supporters of 2016, and I know quite a few of them. Same mentality, weak-minded, lazy, many book smart with no grit, drive, or street smarts. Many of them have already checked out.

Old 09-18-2019, 05:01 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Was this the contest he announced at the debate where he would give ten grand or something to the best essay on "Why I need free money"?
If it was he would have been addressing the GOP`s base. No one is getting more free money than they are.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...curity/516861/

Old 09-18-2019, 06:46 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,412,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Go to breibart.com
No thanks.

Old 09-18-2019, 06:48 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Prayer View Post
And the opposition always seem to walk away with a new respect for his intelligence / honesty.

It's not like i'm going to quit my job at the ole Ford factory just because I got a little extra.
I'll spend it local.

Either way though, it's getting spent.

Who would you rather benefit from it, us or Swiss bankers?

Yang2020
“Free” money is not the answer.

Old 09-18-2019, 07:58 AM

1,705 posts, read 538,250 times
More like 500.000 desperate families...

Might be one of the 500.000 families that files for bankruptcy protection because of medical bills.. EACH YEAR in the US.

The only 1st world country where anything like that happens..

Old 09-18-2019, 08:02 AM

3,372 posts, read 1,566,260 times
Everyone should sign up for the giveaway and overload the system.

Old 09-18-2019, 08:51 AM

934 posts, read 402,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Everyone should sign up for the giveaway and overload the system.
Heck, that's interesting.
Shouldn't you be chasing Beto en masse?
He is going to take away your guns and all.
Yang is just going to give away some grands, that's all.
Yet, there are more Get-Yang than Get-Beto threads around here.

It may seem as if I am complaining, but actually I'm not. This is a very indicative moment, ladies and gentlemen. A presidential candidate wants to give away money, and yet, there is an idea to troll his page into crashing. Not the only such idea, I'm sure. Not to mention all the epithets his followers are getting. As if their behavior is, I don't know, deplorable or something. All they did was apply for those dollars.

When did Yang become so dangerous?

The moment they realized their choice for the next president is in grave danger of not winning because of Yang, and that moment is now.

How did Yang become so dangerous?
By being himself.

Youll find some similarities to Trump. Entrepreneurship that translates into a successful campaign. Doing so much with little money. Having a team that constantly collects data, analyzes it and proceeds with the obtained knowledge. Also, being spontaneous. Relatively unfiltered. Different from the pack, both in form and in substance. But this is where similarities end.

Yang actually cares. And this is where he is similar to Bernie. Bernie has always cared and fought for the underdog. AAs in the sixties, homosexuals in the nineties. Workers all the time. And this is where similarities with Bernie end.

Yang has ideas that are in accordance with the present time and challenges of the near future.

He also has the way to communicate with his supporters effectively. He comes across as very pleasant and engaging human being, one who is able to defend his views in a way that hurts no one. At the same time, he is the person who believes that offense is not given, it is taken. That's why he is ready to forgive without much fanfare, but can also easily explain himself if someone misunderstands his words and finds offense in them.

A couple of months ago, I thought he would be your president. Now I'm even more sure of it.

Last edited by switchtoecig; 09-18-2019 at 09:34 AM.. Reason: wrong word

Old 09-18-2019, 08:55 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Hopefully he gives away the money then gets slammed for a campaign violation.

Old 09-18-2019, 09:25 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Make that a half million and one confirmed deadbeats. If Yang is handing out ten $100 bills every month, sign me up! Doesn't mean I'll vote for him though.

Sheldon Adelson donates $100 million to PACs and in return EXPECTS Israel will continue to be the Federal government’s single largest recipient of $$$$.

Donate to Trump and maybe win a coffee date with Ivanka.

Campaigning is commercialized. Yang took it to the people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies