Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2019, 07:45 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
So you now admit there is no US law definition of "illegal alien"?

You have shown nothing other than a link to a law that does not mention "illegal alien".
I admit nothing.

Show me your proof. You claim mine is untrue, your turn, prove it.

Hint I used to be a Immigration Inspector before going to work for the railroad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2019, 07:51 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,335,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I admit nothing.

Show me your proof. You claim mine is untrue, your turn, prove it.

Hint I used to be a Immigration Inspector before going to work for the railroad.
You may well be what is wrong with the Immigration system.

You have made a number of assertions about who is an illegal alien.

That of course is all BS. You may well know this but you continue to use it so those who know no better believe there is some truth.

In fact illegal alien is not a term used in US law and the examples where it appears are in a context where it applies to much narrow range of individuals than those brought across the border as children.

So you were asked to show a legal definition of the term you were throwing around so loosely.

And you failed as it does not exist.

Now you try and change the subject rather than admit your failure.

Old 09-18-2019, 07:52 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
I quote US law. You quote a biased site that plays games with terms. An illegal alien is a person who entered illegally.
Here's a good link.

https://www.heritage.org/immigration...gnores-the-law

Old 09-18-2019, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Nope. Another misdirection.

Please cite the US law definition of "illegal alien"

You will not of course as there appears to be none.

Old 09-18-2019, 08:04 PM

Quote:
You may well be what is wrong with the Immigration system.

You have made a number of assertions about who is an illegal alien.

That of course is all BS. You may well know this but you continue to use it so those who know no better believe there is some truth.

In fact illegal alien is not a term used in US law and the examples where it appears are in a context where it applies to much narrow range of individuals than those brought across the border as children.

So you were asked to show a legal definition of the term you were throwing around so loosely.

And you failed as it does not exist.

Now you try and change the subject rather than admit your failure.
Yes I did. Your failure to show what you are talking about means you don’t know anything.

8 USC 1182. 212(a)(7)(B)(i)(I) of the INA. look it up.

And now you deflect over language. I proved my point that DACA are not here legally, have not been admitted legally and have no status.

So quit the deflection over the language.

Old 09-18-2019, 08:45 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,202,565 times
Quote:
Nope. Another misdirection.

Please cite the US law definition of "illegal alien"

You will not of course as there appears to be none.

Please cite the US law definition of "undocumented immigrant". Alien is a term used throughout immigration law and one who is not in compliance with the law is inherently illegal.

Old 09-18-2019, 08:46 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,327,830 times
DACA migrants, by definition, aren't undocumented. And undocumented immigrants can't get welfare.

So this entire thread is a 100% lie. "I love the uneducated".

Old 09-18-2019, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Please cite the US law definition of "undocumented immigrant". Alien is a term used throughout immigration law and one who is not in compliance with the law is inherently illegal.
Alien is a perfectly reasonable and accepted term. I know of no legal definition of "undocumented immigrant". So it is in the same class as "illegal alien". It has no legal meaning.

the point is that DACA recipients are not illegal aliens. They certainly are aliens and at some point might again become illegal. But at this point those who are DACA recipients are not illegal.

Some have trouble understanding this but it is reasonably clear.

Old 09-18-2019, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Alien is a perfectly reasonable and accepted term. I know of no legal definition of "undocumented immigrant". So it is in the same class as "illegal alien". It has no legal meaning.

the point is that DACA recipients are not illegal aliens. They certainly are aliens and at some point might again become illegal. But at this point those who are DACA recipients are not illegal.

Some have trouble understanding this but it is reasonably clear.
8 USC 1182.

You have issues relating to law. DACA are present in the US with no status. They are undocumented and they crossed the border illegally.

Once the program is eliminated then the force of law will be applied and they can be removed without a hearing. Period.

Old 09-18-2019, 09:21 PM

Quote:
8 USC 1182.

You have issues relating to law. DACA are present in the US with no status. They are undocumented and they crossed the border illegally.

Once the program is eliminated then the force of law will be applied and they can be removed without a hearing. Period.
They of course have legal status as long as they are DACA recipients. Fact of life. And they can likely continue to receive DACA status perhaps forever or until they receive a path to citizenship.

And the Dreamers are likely the last group of those in the country illegally who we remove. Perhaps after the over stayers and the short term residents. But most likely never.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies