Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2019, 03:02 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I wasn't born yesterday. And guess what? My sis is county probation officer (400 "clirnts") and her hubby is a parole officer.

I know more than you'd like me to know abo about the situation. Vast majority of inner city criminals here from Chicago ....dead cold fact, my friend.
I never said there wasn't an underclass element from Chicago in the Twin Cities. I know more about that element than you think. I have relatives in the Twin Cities who could tell me some things. My father is from Milwaukee and knows plenty.

And you still didn't answer my qiuestions. Answer them or don't respond to any more of my posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2019, 03:09 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,087,720 times
What questions? The one about weather? No one wants to be in the cold here - white, black, red, yelloe, brown. Can't tell you how many anglos I've met that HATE the cold (starting with my momma). So it's natural they would choose Atlanta over Mini.

Old 09-27-2019, 03:16 PM

Granted it's natural northern Europeans are more acclimated to cold weather. I'm kind indifferent to it. I grew up playing hockey and Fall in MN is amazing. I don't mind Winter either really, or maybe it's just in my DNA to deal with it or make lemonade out lemons

Old 09-27-2019, 03:18 PM

Quote:
What questions? The one about weather? No one wants to be in the cold here - white, black, red, yelloe, brown. Can't tell you how many anglos I've met that HATE the cold (starting with my momma). So it's natural they would choose Atlanta over Mini.
What questions? The ones that have nothing to do with the weather. Like I said before. Either answer the questions I asked you in this post, or go somewhere else.

Old 09-27-2019, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Granted it's natural northern Europeans are more acclimated to cold weather. I'm kind indifferent to it. I grew up playing hockey and Fall in MN is amazing. I don't mind Winter either really, or maybe it's just in my DNA to deal with it or make lemonade out lemons
I'm Black and I'd rather be in cold Minnesota winters than the steamy Georgia/Alabama summers. At least I can put clothes on. I can go cross country skiing, get into snowball fights, or go skating. Ironically, I've done more ice skating during the summer than winter (Atlanta area, indoor skating rinks, a good respite from Hotlanta heat). I actually like snow. Northern European ancestry has nothing to do with it. I know plenty of White southerners, who are of Northern European roots, who can't handle cold weather. I remember when my high school had a fire drill one morning. We all had to go out into the 25-30 degree weather (I have experienced colder than that though). My classmates (vast majority of them White) were either shivering or complaining about the cold. I just stood outside like it was nothing. And I wasn't wearing especially warm clothes. Just the fleece lining of my jacket (my Columbia jacket had a fleece lining you could detatch). I don't think DNA had anything to do with it.

Old 09-27-2019, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm Black and I'd rather be in cold Minnesota than the steamy Georgia/Alabama summers. I actually like snow. Northern European ancestry has nothing to do with it. I know plenty of White southerners, who are of Northern European roots, who can't handle cold weather. I remember when my high school had a fire drill one morning. We all had to go out into the 25-30 degree weather (I have experienced colder than that though). My classmates (vast majority of them White) were either shivering or complaining about the cold. I just stood outside like it was nothing. And I wasn't wearing especially warm clothes. Just the fleece lining of my jacket (my Columbia jacket had a fleece lining you could detatch). I don't think DNA had anything to do with it.

And if money was no objec most people choose San Diego weather.

Old 09-27-2019, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What questions? The ones that have nothing to do with the weather. Like I said before. Either answer the questions I asked you in this post, or go somewhere else.
It's a question that too hypothetical to answer. The other one I answered.

Old 09-27-2019, 03:31 PM

Quote:
And if money was no objec most people choose San Diego weather.
I wouldn't mind San Diego either. I've been swimming in Pacific Ocean waters, Venice Beach notably. I'm not most people. Cold weather doesn't bother me. I don't have to have warm weather all year around. One reason I've thought about relocating to places like Alaska, Montana, Idaho, Colorado, parts of Canada, Switzerland,etc.

Old 09-27-2019, 03:32 PM

Quote:
It's a question that too hypothetical to answer. The other one I answered.
How is it hypothetical that Black middle class people are more likely to choose Atlanta over Minnneapolis while the underclass is choosing Minneapolis? That's actually happening. The question is WHY?

Old 09-27-2019, 04:13 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,865,153 times
Quote:
I wasn't born yesterday. And guess what? My sis is county probation officer (400 "clirnts") and her hubby is a parole officer.

I know more than you'd like me to know abo about the situation. Vast majority of inner city criminals here from Chicago ....dead cold fact, my friend.
"Up north"? Where the population in most cities is 1% black but the crime rate per capita is almost comparable? How did that happen do you suppose...... Check out City Data stats for the Iron Range. Shoots outs, drug deals, guys laying dead in the streets, in attics....white.

Who cares if your 'sis' is in corrections? That's only impressive to her baby brother who wishes he had a job. How old are you, anyway?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies