Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2019, 07:54 AM

3,372 posts, read 1,565,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
I dont understand why people dont take their personal safety more seriously. I'd never consider visiting or living in a high crime area. I even check where I go on vacation.
Most people today are clueless and think it can never happen to them. Some of these weird liberal types today think it is "cool" to live in and around these inner-city crime-ridden areas. They are sitting ducks but think they are being champions of diversity. Criminals can spot these types from a mile away and know they definitely won't be carrying any protection aside from some skinny jeans and some earbuds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2019, 08:51 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,428,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Ok, this is obviously dumb ass to accuse "liberals" of being OK with mob violence just because the attackers where black. This video triggered my conservative-leaning husband when our local news showed it. He said the look on the guy's face was exactly how he felt while being bullied. He's not usually an emotional or stupid man but this turned him into one pretty quick. He started blaming "liberals" as well, which he knows I am one. He also knows I'm anti-violence so there must have been some dissonance with him. I threw back some conservative stereotypes and told him he wants to see children murdered in their classrooms because he loves his guns. I then mentioned he is pro-rape because a woman should know her place like the good ole days. He seemed to snap out of it and I told him to stop letting himself be manipulated.

So my question to Trump people is: what do you get accused of that you find equally dumb ass?
We all know that if the races were reversed, the accusation of "racism" would be thrown about by progressives and the media with complete and utter abandon.

We know this.

Old 09-18-2019, 08:56 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
So if they are all Somalis you still want to blame whites? You can't make this stuff up folks.

We allow in Somali refugees and types like IS blame whitey for when they go rogue. I don't make excuses for these scum bags.
you should be used to this by now. from that poster, no matter what happens, It's Whitey's Fault®

Old 09-18-2019, 09:01 AM

2,284 posts, read 1,582,667 times
These young whites are hanging out in downtown (probably majority black area) is not what young black males who are probably struggling want to see just walking down the street with $1,000 cell phones. BTW, you can replace black with latino or asian as well. Oh yeah, there are Asian gangs (chinese, vietnamese). If one of these Asian gangs beats you unconscious, you may not be seen again.

This is how it is in the big city. There's certain neighborhoods or streets you don't walk in, especially drunk no matter if you're white, black, asian or latino. Knuckleheads will do dumb things to anybody who looks vulnerable.

I suspect tourism will decrease substantially in Minneapolis. Way to go Mayor. And people don't want to join the police because of how they can't do their job and are now treated like crap.

Old 09-18-2019, 09:05 AM

3,867 posts, read 4,078,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Hey...here is news flash. THEY CARRY GUNS TOO!!!!

It amazes me the number of people who think carrying a gun is actually going to help them most of the time. I am from Detroit. People got robbed and jumped while armed all the time. In fact, people just assume that you are armed in Detroit. That don't stop them from trying to rob you though. Its the element of surprise that they always have. Then they check you for guns. Then after they rob you...they make you RUN away....not walk. Its hard for you to fire off shots or pull something out while you are running.

I don't have a problem avoiding places and certain types of people.....as long as there are other options. I know who I am.....I am not trying to prove anything to myself or others. I am not a "bad azz" and don't pretend to be. I guess I just developed a look from growing up around it.

With you....the thing that is more likely to happen is that you will shot someone who was not actually going to do you bodily harm. For a gun to give you the advantage....you have to be pro active and go on the offensive FIRST. A seasoned thug is not going to give you that opportunity to pull your weapon. Don't fool yourself. They will keep the element of surprise and if they know or think you are armed they will strike in a way that will daze you or ensure you will be shot if you try to react by pulling a gun. You must think you are a quick draw artist of the wild West.
Well thugs normally do not clean their weapons, nor train with them to shoot accurately......odds are in my favor. And if they happen to get the draw on you, maybe you can see if whatever gun they have stolen has a loaded chamber indicator on it and see if it is actually loaded or not.

Old 09-18-2019, 09:10 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Good points. There are, however, many instances in which citizens HAVE successfully defended themselves with handguns.
You are absolutely correct, I know this fact personally. My Ruger simply being displayed ran off two thugs, and it happened in Minneapolis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The best thing to do is to avoid areas in which there is a higher likelihood of being assaulted/mugged. If you are going into an area known for violence, one has to wonder about your judgement.

This is also true, but opportunist thug *ssholes will certianly gravitate to "nicer" areas. Like the place I was almost mugged in Minneapolis I mentioned above. Not a bad neighborhood, and not at night.

Old 09-18-2019, 09:19 AM

45,230 posts, read 26,431,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I assume they’re all Somali refugees in Minnesota.
Ah I forgot about the resettlement program that put them there

Old 09-18-2019, 09:25 AM

50,269 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Ah I forgot about the resettlement program that put them there
We know who's fault that is

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
you should be used to this by now. from that poster, no matter what happens, It's Whitey's Fault®

Old 09-18-2019, 09:50 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,704,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrj View Post
These young whites are hanging out in downtown (probably majority black area) is not what young black males who are probably struggling want to see just walking down the street with $1,000 cell phones. BTW, you can replace black with latino or asian as well. Oh yeah, there are Asian gangs (chinese, vietnamese). If one of these Asian gangs beats you unconscious, you may not be seen again.

This is how it is in the big city. There's certain neighborhoods or streets you don't walk in, especially drunk no matter if you're white, black, asian or latino. Knuckleheads will do dumb things to anybody who looks vulnerable.

I suspect tourism will decrease substantially in Minneapolis. Way to go Mayor. And people don't want to join the police because of how they can't do their job and are now treated like crap.

I agree with most of this. I think similar things happen in most cities....not just BIG cities. Just avoid being a square peg in an area of round holes.....or shape shift to look like a round hole. When in Rome look and act like the Romans.

Old 09-18-2019, 09:54 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,704,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Well thugs normally do not clean their weapons, nor train with them to shoot accurately......odds are in my favor. And if they happen to get the draw on you, maybe you can see if whatever gun they have stolen has a loaded chamber indicator on it and see if it is actually loaded or not.

Yeah....keep believing that if it makes you feel better. I doubt that you are going to come out like Wyatt Earp against Ringo. Stop living in your Fantasy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies