Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2019, 09:52 AM

2,276 posts, read 1,564,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I agree with most of this. I think similar things happen in most cities....not just BIG cities. Just avoid being a square peg in an area of round holes.....or shape shift to look like a round hole. When in Rome look and act like the Romans.
Exactly what I meant. Shape shift is funny.

Check out how the guy(victim) casually goes out of his way to sit right next to five people playing a game of craps (rolling dice). That's the liberal diverse guy who thinks he fits in anywhere, anytime. It ain't San Francisco. He'd better know some MMA or have a weapon to be so bold. This could happen to anyone regardless of skin color. If you don't fit in, you might get jacked.

It would be like some millennial brother or Asian hanging out in an East L.A. barrio (picture the scene from Training Day (Denzel and Ethan Hawke visiting his friend) or going into a biker bar.

What do you think the odds are of it happening? pretty high.

Fortunately, the guy beaten, Bhakta, didn't look badly bruised in the TV interview. He's still young and hopefully is inspired to take up MMA. Then be bold and brave and unleash holy beatdowns on them if that ever happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2019, 06:49 AM

39,809 posts, read 26,359,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrj View Post
Exactly what I meant. Shape shift is funny.

Check out how the guy(victim) casually goes out of his way to sit right next to five people playing a game of craps (rolling dice). That's the liberal diverse guy who thinks he fits in anywhere, anytime. It ain't San Francisco. He'd better know some MMA or have a weapon to be so bold. This could happen to anyone regardless of skin color. If you don't fit in, you might get jacked.

It would be like some millennial brother or Asian hanging out in an East L.A. barrio (picture the scene from Training Day (Denzel and Ethan Hawke visiting his friend) or going into a biker bar.

What do you think the odds are of it happening? pretty high.

Fortunately, the guy beaten, Bhakta, didn't look badly bruised in the TV interview. He's still young and hopefully is inspired to take up MMA. Then be bold and brave and unleash holy beatdowns on them if that ever happens.
As someone that hangs out at various biker bars, I have to say you have an incorrect assumption there. Bikers are (for the most part anyway) accommodating to all races and cultures. We have a black MC in our area (Buffalo Soldiers). We have a lesbian group (or at least many-not sure they exclusively are). As well as the "1%" clubs and various riding clubs and organizations. All will be together on our Thursday "bike nights" and all are welcome and play together. And for the most part-most don't care what you ride, so long as you ride. Granted most of the crowd ride Harley-Davidsons (aka Hardly Ablesons to those of us that don't want to be lost in the crowd-kidding!).

Old 09-20-2019, 07:34 AM

2,276 posts, read 1,564,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
As someone that hangs out at various biker bars, I have to say you have an incorrect assumption there. Bikers are (for the most part anyway) accommodating to all races and cultures. We have a black MC in our area (Buffalo Soldiers). We have a lesbian group (or at least many-not sure they exclusively are). As well as the "1%" clubs and various riding clubs and organizations. All will be together on our Thursday "bike nights" and all are welcome and play together. And for the most part-most don't care what you ride, so long as you ride. Granted most of the crowd ride Harley-Davidsons (aka Hardly Ablesons to those of us that don't want to be lost in the crowd-kidding!).
understood and a terrible mistake/example on my part for generalizing. I should've been more specific about certain biker gangs. It is widely known the Hells Angels & Gargoyles do claim to have members from racist gangs in prison.
Yes, I've actually seen quite a few biker clubs with different races riding within. Obviously, they're not in the two gangs mentioned above.

Old 09-20-2019, 07:38 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,659,569 times
Quote:

You can be a square peg around round holes for reasons other than race. If you are a geek accountant or IT person.....you may likely look like a square peg among round holes at a biker bar. People might pick on you could you stand out as different.

Old 09-20-2019, 07:41 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,508,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
You can be a square peg around round holes for reasons other than race. If you are a geek accountant or IT person.....you may likely look like a square peg among round holes at a biker bar. People might pick on you could you stand out as different.
I think you need to get out more. Some of the biggest geek accountants, dentists, doctors, lawyers, C-levels are bikers that you'll find in a biker bar. Nobody picks on anyone.

I'm not a biker but I have geeky friends who are.

Old 09-20-2019, 08:02 AM

3,978 posts, read 1,975,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I think you need to get out more. Some of the biggest geek accountants, dentists, doctors, lawyers, C-levels are bikers that you'll find in a biker bar. Nobody picks on anyone.

I like some Harleys, and dont have anything against them really, other than their new cost.

I find some of those guys laughable. A few turn into Harley brand snobs, and even do things like apply temp tattoos and glue on facial hair for their weekend rides.

I had a guy a few years back sneer at my Yamaha Roadstar I had ridden everyday for years in a parking lot. He called it a "wannabe" bike. Ive been riding since I was 15, I'm pushing 60 now.

When I asked about his new looking Harley, he admitted it was his first bike, and it only had about 600 miles on it. He also admitted to being a contracting officer or something like it also. Living that 1% er life for sure, Lol. Those guys are fairly rare though. My helmet has a sticker on it that says "1500 miles and a new bike do not make you a biker" I applied it after that encounter.

Old 09-20-2019, 09:13 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post

I am not talking about people who ride bikes with helmets in the "bike lane" of your city. That having been said....its true that I don't know what the "average" biker gang of today looks like. The only biker gangs that I knew were the ones that were in my community....and if you looked like a geek.....you would definitely be in the wrong crowd with those guys.

You probably had a different experience in "Mr Rogers Neighborhood".

Old 09-20-2019, 09:23 AM

16,955 posts, read 12,513,509 times
Quote:
You gotta know and be known to do that. I work with a guy whose uncle is a Pagan. HE could go to certain bars and be okay. Even he would have to be very polite and if told business was being done, smile and leave. Me, not so much. Then again I am smart enough to not go into a bar full of Pagans.

Old 09-20-2019, 09:33 AM

72,845 posts, read 62,260,541 times
One question I ask is this. Why is happening more in the Twin Cities? I have to ask for these reason.

1) I used to work in Atlanta. Atlanta has a much higher Black population than Mpls or St. Paul. Just based on the assessment of "more Blacks = more crime", more of those mob attacks should be happening in the city of Atlanta. In fact, the opposite is happening. Every time I read about some Black criminals attacking a non-Black person, it's mainly Mpls, Milwaukee, or Kansas City. Occassionally it will be Philadelphia or New York. Atlanta hardly ever comes up. And the city of Atlanta does have some issues with violent crime. Murder has dropped alot. Property crimes are on the rise though.

2) What is up with the Twin Cities lately? I expect better out of Minnesota. It's still on my shortlist of U.S. states I'd relocate to. I'd be able to behave myself in Minnesota. This isn't Detroit we're talking about. Minneapolis has issues, but it's no Detroit.

Old 09-20-2019, 10:20 AM

72,845 posts, read 62,260,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Stuart Smiley, Jesse the Body, Ilhan Omar. Prince Fentanyl.

Minnesota is certifiably nuts. And now it stews in its own juices. Anyone surprised?
I live in Alabama at the moment. Plenty of certified crazies here. Roy Moore is one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies