Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2019, 09:22 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Why would you claim he probably bought them?
answer my pending question and i'll answer yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2019, 09:50 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,938,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
no. hence the use of the term probably. as in, you probably want to familiarize yourself with that one.

what would you suspect he would do with them besides wearing them?
Burn them probably.

Old 09-18-2019, 09:58 AM

50,297 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Whoa! You have gotten this story all bass ackwards.

Check out the article in today's Washington Post:

Absolutely horrific’: School-shooting-themed sweatshirts slammed by gun violence victims

The school shooting survivors and families are enraged that a fashion designer would try to profit from the deaths of their loved ones. Neither they and/or David Hogg have the smallest interest in forking over cash for a couple of young black fashion designers (aka Bstroy Sweatshirts) to celebrate their grief.

What makes this even worse is that Bstroy’s co-founders, Owens and Dieter Gram are playing the race card in an attempt to shrug off public outrage.

Owens Gram told reporters

If OP's knee jerk response is any indication of the attitude of Second Amendment supporters, small wonder that the rest of America is losing patience with the gun lobby.

I was outraged over this attempt to profit from the deaths of innocent kids before I read the WaPo story and learned that the two designers were young black males. These two men refuse to take accountability and make it that more difficult to call out REAL cases of racial prejudice.

Well, there ya go. You found your something to be outraged for today.

Old 09-18-2019, 10:20 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,383,094 times
Anyone that would wear a hoody with bullet holes is not even worth discussing. Some people just have no style to begin with.

Old 09-18-2019, 10:26 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,525,892 times
I get why school shooting survivors would be disgusted by these hoodies, but I also see the editorial content in them as well. I foresee someone wearing one to a school sometime soon and getting told to change out of it.

I don't get outraged at clothes with fake bullet holes in them. I get outraged by school kids with real bullet holes in them

Old 09-18-2019, 10:31 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times
Sooo....
Leftist company A makes apparel to call attention to school shootings and leftist group B gets offended.

I love it when the left eats their own.

Old 09-18-2019, 10:31 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Why would you claim he probably bought them?

Couldn't pass up an opportunity to throw darts at a perceived "enemy", regardless of how illogical. That's my take.

Old 09-18-2019, 10:43 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Whoa! You have gotten this story all bass ackwards.

Check out the article in today's Washington Post:

Absolutely horrific’: School-shooting-themed sweatshirts slammed by gun violence victims

The school shooting survivors and families are enraged that a fashion designer would try to profit from the deaths of their loved ones. Neither they and/or David Hogg have the smallest interest in forking over cash for a couple of young black fashion designers (aka Bstroy Sweatshirts) to celebrate their grief.

What makes this even worse is that Bstroy’s co-founders, Owens and Dieter Gram are playing the race card in an attempt to shrug off public outrage.

Owens Gram told reporters

If OP's knee jerk response is any indication of the attitude of Second Amendment supporters, small wonder that the rest of America is losing patience with the gun lobby.

I was outraged over this attempt to profit from the deaths of innocent kids before I read the WaPo story and learned that the two designers were young black males. These two men refuse to take accountability and make it that more difficult to call out REAL cases of racial prejudice.
how do you know david 'camera' hogg hasn't 'even the smallest interest' in these shirts?
he's never been averse to anything that would get him in front of a camera before. he's quite active on twitter yet hasn't said a peep about these.

i agree that the owners of bstroy playing the race card in response to the bad reaction to these shirts is infuriating. now that you've recognized that this playing of the race card exists, you'll come to realize that it actually happens all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Couldn't pass up an opportunity to throw darts at a perceived "enemy", regardless of how illogical. That's my take.
it's perfectly logical. he's not known as 'camera' hogg for nothin'.

Old 09-18-2019, 10:51 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,070,474 times
David( Lil' Nazi) Hogg prostituted himself to take advantage of the shooting so who is he to talk?

Old 09-18-2019, 10:53 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
david 'camera' hogg probably bought several of these.
Pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies