Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2019, 11:35 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times

Advertisements

I must admit that I am surprised by this. Many restaurants have dress codes, so why not this place?

Of course, I could understand it if they prohibited dress that is part of a certain ethnic group (such as the saris that some Indian women wear or hijabs) but as long as it is not a matter of that, why shouldn't a restaurant have whatever dress code they choose? If people do not want to dress accordingly, they can and should just stay away -- and if the restaurant's policy is unreasonable for the area, it will go out of business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2019, 11:37 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
I thought those on the left generally say, "it's a private business, they can do what ever they want! Sadly, that's not the case for this restaurant. I do see the restaurant wants to create a safe and welcoming environment for all people. Baltimore being black city and low income, certain segments of its population who are mainly black dress in certain dress codes that the restaurant does not allow.

Any how, the restaurant dress code took offense to those on black Twitter and Sjw Twitter causing a moral backlash and everthing is racist.

Thoughts anyone?

https://www.washingtonian.com/2019/0...ry-dress-code/
Their business. Don’t like it? Don’t go there.

Old 09-18-2019, 11:38 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
This is by far the weirdest dress code I have ever seen.

Jerseys only on game day ? You can wear hats, but they must be straight forward ?
They are trying to keep the riff raff out. Nothing wrong with that.

Old 09-18-2019, 11:38 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2k View Post
uh, no, that's the exact opposite position the left usually takes, often to the point of absurdity, such as when convenience stores in high crime neighborhoods are taken to task for their "racist" bullet proof enclosures meant to protect employees.

To the left, preventing hurt feelings and offense (only to certain demographics, of course) is more important than any other consideration, even safety.
qft.

Old 09-18-2019, 11:42 AM

3,748 posts, read 1,443,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I must admit that I am surprised by this. Many restaurants have dress codes, so why not this place?

Of course, I could understand it if they prohibited dress that is part of a certain ethnic group (such as the saris that some Indian women wear or hijabs) but as long as it is not a matter of that, why shouldn't a restaurant have whatever dress code they choose? If people do not want to dress accordingly, they can and should just stay away -- and if the restaurant's policy is unreasonable for the area, it will go out of business.
With sjw and Twitter. I wonder if the restaurant will be canceled. Cancel culture is very dangerous. I wonder if the restaurant will be canceled due to its dress code issue due to accusations of blatant racism by those on Twitter?

Old 09-18-2019, 11:42 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
That's BS. A boardwalk near me wanted to pass a dress code that sagging pants weren't allowed and the Left went nuts saying it was racist against blacks and forced them to drop the idea.
Its not necessarily racist, but it is a dumb policy, especially if you can walk around in a swim suit on the
boardwalk.

If i can see you in your swim suit, then you shouldnt have a problem with seeing a glimpse of someone's underwear.

Old 09-18-2019, 11:49 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
They are trying to keep the riff raff out. Nothing wrong with that.
In the Month of October, all 4 major sports operate(not including colleges).

So theoretically, there can be a Ravens game on Sunday, Redskins game on Monday, Orioles game on Tuesday, Capitols game on Wednesday, Wizards game on Thursday, Nationals game on friday, DC united game on Saturday.

So yes, the "No Jersey other than game day rule" makes no sense. Its not like there is only going to be one game, and even if there was, you are letting these people wear it one day of the week, but not the next.

And you can wear a hat everyday, but it has to be straight forward, LOL, again, these rules dont make sense.

Old 09-18-2019, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Its not necessarily racist, but it is a dumb policy, especially if you can walk around in a swim suit on the
boardwalk.

If i can see you in your swim suit, then you shouldnt have a problem with seeing a glimpse of someone's underwear.
It's the decency part of it. Not surprised that flew over your head.

Old 09-18-2019, 11:54 AM

17,302 posts, read 12,245,675 times
Quote:
That's BS. A boardwalk near me wanted to pass a dress code that sagging pants weren't allowed and the Left went nuts saying it was racist against blacks and forced them to drop the idea.
If the people(potential customers) are against it and businesses back off an idea because of it that is totally fine. Just an issue when the government does it.

Old 09-18-2019, 11:56 AM

Quote:
In the Month of October, all 4 major sports operate(not including colleges).

So theoretically, there can be a Ravens game on Sunday, Redskins game on Monday, Orioles game on Tuesday, Capitols game on Wednesday, Wizards game on Thursday, Nationals game on friday, DC united game on Saturday.

So yes, the "No Jersey other than game day rule" makes no sense. Its not like there is only going to be one game, and even if there was, you are letting these people wear it one day of the week, but not the next.

And you can wear a hat everyday, but it has to be straight forward, LOL, again, these rules dont make sense.
Maybe they only want people in Ravens or Orioles Jerseys on game day? As far as the hat thing, only thugs and thug wannabes wear their hats crooked. They don't want that image in their business. Who really does? I've been denied entrance into a restaurant on the beach for wearing a t shirt and sandals. I made no big deal of it and moved on, probably wasn't the place for me anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies