Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2019, 03:48 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Uh huh.
I wouldnt pretend to know who Trumps friends are, but if such relationships keep the US from another war, I'm all for it.
For what it is worth, I think the US will be bombing and occupying Iran regardless, and you can then rejoice over the body count of Iranians and US troops, tax dollars destroyed, resources burned up...
Agreed. As well as a country that will be less safe as the extremists fight for control. In other words, business as usual.

Boobus doesn't think, boobus just does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2019, 04:13 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Restraint in what regard? What has Iran done that would warrant an attack by the United States?

Maybe it's time for the Saudi's to put their big boy pants on and settle their own problems.

Old 09-19-2019, 04:14 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Trump claimed the sales when they put his picture on a building. I guess he lied about that too.
Yes, he lied about it.

As for the Saudi situation, why are they even talking about it? Why the Tweets? Just tell the Saudis to man up and stop looking to US for help. If they want to buy more hardware, thats fine, we'll sell it to them, although there might be a significant markup in the price given the urgency. Next-day-delivery comes with a price tag. That is what US should be doing, not talking about "locked and loaded", or "cocked and loaded" like Trump puts it.

Old 09-19-2019, 04:19 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Tulsi is right, if Trump goes through with defending the nation of origin of the 9/11 attackers he is Saudis b*tch

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/sa...ump-2019-09-16

She has more balls than most men.

Old 09-19-2019, 04:42 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
It is obvious at this point that the oil attacks in Saudi Arabia were coordinated by Iran. This has caused a spike in oil prices all over the world. The only thing Trump has done is order more sanctions on Iran.

But isn't this an act or war which calls for military action on Iran? It looks to me like Iran has crossed a red line here.
Breaking news! It`s none of our business.

Old 09-19-2019, 04:57 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,960,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Many consider sanctions to be an act of war as well.
Yea, I was just thinking, Iran has shown extreme patience as well.
Imagine if China put sanctions on our country and said we cannot trade with anyone in the world and they backed it up by patrolling the shipping lanes near our country.

I think most Americans would demand immediate military action against China.

Old 09-19-2019, 05:00 AM

10,762 posts, read 4,346,172 times
Trump will unleash hell on Iran, next year, in October....

Old 09-19-2019, 05:01 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
Trump said that since Saudi Arabia was a great customer of our defense industry, we owe them protection.
We owe them nothing except delivery of the arms they have paid for. We sold them arms so they can defend themselves. This is not rocket science.

Old 09-19-2019, 05:04 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
It is obvious at this point that the oil attacks in Saudi Arabia were coordinated by Iran. This has caused a spike in oil prices all over the world. The only thing Trump has done is order more sanctions on Iran.

But isn't this an act or war which calls for military action on Iran? It looks to me like Iran has crossed a red line here.
It's too early to say restraint has been used. Military responses are normally not instant after all.

Old 09-19-2019, 05:08 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
We owe them nothing except delivery of the arms they have paid for. We sold them arms so they can defend themselves. This is not rocket science.
This assumes that we do not have some sort of secret under the table treaty with the Sauds from decades ago. One that would be problematic for them if it were announced to the Arab world but is quite likely to exist if you look around at their relationship with the US.

I'm not saying I like our foreign entanglements, but that reality and my personal desires are often at odds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies