Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2019, 09:27 AM

18,406 posts, read 7,028,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The world runs on fossil fuels, but not for much longer...

Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos announced Thursday the company placed an order for 100,000 electric delivery vans from Plymouth-based automotive technology company Rivian.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/autom...company-rivian

You expect every vehicle in America to be replaced by electric cars that are powered by.......... windmills maybe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2019, 09:49 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,440,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
So what, they're rich. That is what rich people do. They don't fly coach. This stuff ^^^ just sounds like an excuse to say no to fixing climate change. If you don't want to do anything about, just say so but don't make up BS excuses for saying no.
So what?

SO WHAT??

I'll tell you so what. It's f--king hypocrisy. That's the so what. It's a scam. It's do what I say and not as I do. It's give up AC and meat to save the planet while I gorge myself on both. It's drive an electric car around and take a train across country whilst I fly around in a giant, airborne, carbon plume emitter. LOL.

Climate alarmists paint a picture of a future that looks like a B-rated catastrophe movie and when confronted about the decades of failed predictions of this scenario, they'll say, "well, this kind of thing doesn't happen overnight. This could take 80 to 1000 years or more.". The fact of the matter is they don't know. It's just a guess.

We don't need to "fix" climate change. There is no climate catastrophe coming. You can't preach about the impending doom of sea level-rise and atmospheric carbon poisoning and then go out and buy a large swath of beachfront property with a huge resource-guzzling mansion. Do you see any solar panels on the property. Hell no, you don't. Why? Because they are f--king hypocrites!

If you want something to worry about, worry about the planet getting hit with an undetected meteor. No one will be worried about the ocean rising 1 cm a year for a thousand years and you'll see the climate change that killed the dinosaurs. Until then, you and all the rest of the worry-lemmings are a global laughing stock.

Old 09-22-2019, 09:54 AM

33,510 posts, read 37,028,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
You expect every vehicle in America to be replaced by electric cars that are powered by.......... windmills maybe?
Eventually, yes.

Old 09-22-2019, 10:00 AM

52,607 posts, read 47,791,447 times
Doomcriers are still out there crying wolf over something that clearly does not exist. They keep saying, "In ten years, the world is going to end....", or, "In fifteen years, the world is going to end....". It's the same record being played over and over every few years, and sadly, some people who don't know better keep falling for it.

The reality is, we still have the oceans, the lakes, the rivers, the moon, the sun, and Planet Earth. You're still here, and I'm still here. Years after the doom-crying, their "predictions" did not come true and still haven't. AOC is just the latest, and I'm already laughing at the next fool who makes such "dire" warnings to gullible Americans.

I know better, and so do many of you. We are still waiting, and I'm damned sure not holding my breath.

Old 09-22-2019, 10:06 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,129,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
Well if it’s something that will take lace slowly over decades, then we have decades to adapt. Not only that, but develop new technology to solve it that won’t put the global economy on a recession and lower the standard of living.

"take place slowly over decades"

Texas: Harvey and Imelda
Puerto Rico: Maria
Bahamas: Dorian
Nebraska: Massive unprecedented spring snowmelt flooding

All of the people in these areas, included the many dead, will tell you it's happening now or it's already happened to them. And the rapid increase in extreme weather events aren't just occurring in the United States, they are happening all over the globe.

The science here is simple, when you add heat to the oceans and heat to the atmosphere, storms have more energy. They can hold more water vapor, so they dump more rain and snow.

We don't need to wait decades to see the devastating effects from climate change. It's here now, and it's going to get worse next year and the year after that....

Old 09-22-2019, 10:11 AM

50 posts, read 15,664 times
Same here, I do believe in climate change but I don't buy into all the propaganda surrounding the issue.

Old 09-22-2019, 10:21 AM

1,273 posts, read 1,633,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
So how are you going to tell China, India, Africa and South America to stop polluting and adopt clean energy? I've lived all over the planet and the only way that is feasible is if you can make clean energy less costly than carbon based energy and we are a long way from that....you're welcome to try and I will give you verbal support in your efforts.
Come on...that’s a child’s argument. I’m simply not going to not care because others don’t. I don’t operate like that. My small adaptations may not make a difference but I’m still willing to do it and don’t need your verbal support at all.

Old 09-22-2019, 10:26 AM

18,315 posts, read 8,124,346 times

Texas: 1900 Galveston hurricane.... deadliest natural disaster to impact the United States.
Miami: 1926 hurricane crossed Puerto Rico and hit Miami....372 deaths
Okeechobee: 1928 hurricane crossed Puerto Rico as a Cat 5... 312 deaths Puerto Rico... 2,500 deaths Florida
Nebraska: 1881....entire towns swept away....flood was 5 miles wide and lasted for weeks

"unprecedented" ...only if you are stupid enough to fall for it

Old 09-22-2019, 11:24 AM

33,510 posts, read 37,028,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post

Texas: 1900 Galveston hurricane.... deadliest natural disaster to impact the United States.
Miami: 1926 hurricane crossed Puerto Rico and hit Miami....372 deaths
Okeechobee: 1928 hurricane crossed Puerto Rico as a Cat 5... 312 deaths Puerto Rico... 2,500 deaths Florida
Nebraska: 1881....entire towns swept away....flood was 5 miles wide and lasted for weeks

"unprecedented" ...only if you are stupid enough to fall for it
Do you know what all those storms had in common? No warning system.

Hurricane Maria.... 3057 deaths. 2017

Hurricane Mitch....11,374 deaths 1998

Hurricane Dorian....Still digging out bodies.... 2019

Old 09-22-2019, 11:29 AM

8,423 posts, read 6,796,750 times
It's coming. Slowly and surely. Probably not in our lifetimes. Kind of like that cancer that's been growing in your body for years and maybe you felt some symptoms but decided not to see a doctor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies