Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2019, 03:53 PM

23,790 posts, read 14,924,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
However, we "reps" don't believe in the climate change hoax, thus there is no need for "action" on our part.

Dems sound the alarm about AGW, then do nothing, as they are too lazy and enjoy their lifestyle too much.
Some Republicans do. Check out RepublicEN.

FWIW< Gore's houses are LEED certified. He does have solar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2019, 03:56 PM

10,356 posts, read 3,952,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
We should all do what we can.

I don't think it has to be a big huge New Green Deal. I mean that's a lofty plan but let's take baby steps.

I've brought home one plastic bag in the last month. I have reusable bags, or use paper.

I opt out of taking straws.

I have reduced red meat consumption --as much for my health as for the health of the planet.

I try not to use harsh chemicals....

Just little things.........

We did look into solar panels. We should have done it 10 years ago. It would have paid for itself by now but now we don't know if we will be here in 10 years....and whether WE sill see the benefit.

I try not to water my lawn every day. My grass is as green as my neighbors who water every day. So that's an easy thing to do.

Drive cars that get good gas mileage.

You know little things...we can all pick and choose and slowly adapt.
I do agree that water is a very valuable commodity, and it's why I am against fracking, because of all of the water that is wasted to perform this. With that said, near my place of work, we have shallow ditches on both sides of the road, and one place in front of an abandoned house there is this green box that is pumping water from the ground like crazy, and then it goes flowing onto this piece of cement that leads the water to a drain, and it's been pumping non stop, day and night, like this for over a year now. I have called the water utilities, and they never got back to me. I tried calling the news stations to come take a look, and they never got back to me. I've taken video of it and sent it to my local representatives via social media, and then I get marked for violation terms of service, and the video gets erased not only from my social media, but from my phone as well. What do you think this is that nobody will explain to me, or prohibits me from putting video up of it? Where could that all that water be coming from?

Basically, what is happening in this video is happening in Palm Beach County, and I'd like to know what is the reasoning behind this? And mind you, they have been doing this in my area for over a year, non stop!

Old 09-22-2019, 03:57 PM

7,955 posts, read 12,657,740 times
Most of the people I know that are "concerned" about climate change don't seem to "walk the walk" so to speak. They live in big city apartments or 1/4 acre tract homes dropping fertilizer to make their little lawn nice and driving to work 40 miles every day.

I take some heat from these people from time to time for my opinion about climate change.

I drive my vehicle less than 5000 miles per year, I live in a small home and of the 15 acres there are 4+ acres of trees. I have a garden and a neighbor cuts hay on the pasture. I am by far more carbon neutral than those that criticize my opinion.

The hay I provide my neighbor surely offsets the meat I eat. Just estimating the number of trees on my place being over 1000 trees +/- it is safe to assume my fuel burn is far less than the trees consume.

I would take these global warming people more seriously if they made efforts to reduce their own impact. It's always "we have to tax...." instead of " I should do this..."

Old 09-22-2019, 04:00 PM

6,709 posts, read 3,319,852 times
The liberals are using climate hysteria only to gain power
What they want is total control over every facet of your life. They have the media right where they want them making their radical leftist agenda into something that's now considered mainstream.

Old 09-22-2019, 04:08 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,726,228 times
At least they got plastic syringes filled with drugs on the streets.

Old 09-22-2019, 04:11 PM

10,356 posts, read 3,952,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
First, it was bans on plastic bags, then straws, then foam containers.

Now, liberals want to ban cheap natural gas in new construction and also balloons for parties.

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...tion-projects/

https://www.dailybreeze.com/2019/09/...ylar-balloons/

https://www.wbaltv.com/article/queen...eases/28842481
They still have problems with drug needles, tent cities and feces everywhere though? But plastic is the problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Or build the largest economy in the country.
Trust me, these idiots complaining about this crap didn't have anything to do with the building of California's economy. If anything, they are destroying once great cities, and running the good people and companies out. What built California's economy was the gold rush, and then from there, long standing families turned the state into a gold mine. But since the late 90's, complete idiots have been running the government there, and the state is losing it's luster.

Old 09-22-2019, 04:24 PM

4,445 posts, read 1,440,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
*Conservatives complain about trash...

*Something is done to prevent further trash...

Conservatives:
>:0
Balloons are banned because they might become trash, but s--t on the sidewalk is A-OK.

Old 09-22-2019, 04:25 PM

23,790 posts, read 14,924,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
Most of the people I know that are "concerned" about climate change don't seem to "walk the walk" so to speak. They live in big city apartments or 1/4 acre tract homes dropping fertilizer to make their little lawn nice and driving to work 40 miles every day.

I take some heat from these people from time to time for my opinion about climate change.

I drive my vehicle less than 5000 miles per year, I live in a small home and of the 15 acres there are 4+ acres of trees. I have a garden and a neighbor cuts hay on the pasture. I am by far more carbon neutral than those that criticize my opinion.

The hay I provide my neighbor surely offsets the meat I eat. Just estimating the number of trees on my place being over 1000 trees +/- it is safe to assume my fuel burn is far less than the trees consume.

I would take these global warming people more seriously if they made efforts to reduce their own impact. It's always "we have to tax...." instead of " I should do this..."
We cut out electricity usage 15% with hardly any thought and minor inconvenience. Gasoline, too. IMO, we could all cut back 10% with no struggle. That's way easier than worrying about what somebody else is doing.

And, we are saving some bucks, too.

When we see bigger than needed pick ups and little cars going 80 in a 50 we wonder why they just want to **** of their money on gasoline.

Old 09-22-2019, 04:31 PM

14,645 posts, read 9,638,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Some Republicans do. Check out RepublicEN.

FWIW< Gore's houses are LEED certified. He does have solar.
he's made some improvements... but

https://www.factcheck.org/2009/06/al-gores-mansion/

Old 09-22-2019, 04:55 PM

4,402 posts, read 2,897,348 times
I also wonder how many of these climate change Armageddonests have electric cars and solar panels on their roofs. My guess is less than 10%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies