Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2019, 09:57 AM

2,561 posts, read 2,164,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I'm just laughing that the same Russiagaters who said Trump is under foreign influence are now making the exact opposite argument they just spent 3 years claiming was the case. And they can't even see it. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So Trump can't be acting at the behest of one country but also trying to extort another?

Old 09-20-2019, 10:02 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,064,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Then he should have nothing to worry about right? That’s what leftists told us during the Russia investigation. If Biden did nothing wrong they why does it matter
And if Trump did "nothing wrong" and everything is "totally appropriate" as he claims, then why is he and his attack dog William Barr trying to squelch this story?

Old 09-20-2019, 10:05 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,568,794 times
Quote:
By Biden’s own admissions he used his position to obstruct an investigation.
Even if it were true that Biden repeating the official US government policy somehow constituted an obstruction of an "investigation" that has never even been shown to have existed, that has nothing to do with this topic. Stop deflecting to Biden.

This topic is about a whistleblower complaint that the IG found to be "credible" and "urgent" that the Trump Administration is illegally trying to hide from the public and Congressional oversight - a complaint that allegedly involves Trump trying to leverage millions in military aid funds earmarked for a strategic ally in exchange for dirt on a political opponent. If you want to spin conspiracies about Biden or his son, go start a thread on that topic.

Quote:
Then he should have nothing to worry about right? That’s what leftists told us during the Russia investigation. If Biden did nothing wrong they why does it matter
I don't care if Biden's son gets investigated if it is evidence based. I do care about the US President bartering strategic funding in exchange for a baseless investigation for political gain. The latter is the topic of this thread.

Old 09-20-2019, 10:07 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,466,073 times
Quote:
I'm just laughing that the same Russiagaters who said Trump is under foreign influence are now making the exact opposite argument they just spent 3 years claiming was the case. And they can't even see it. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A very loyal Trumpling, indeed.

Old 09-20-2019, 10:22 AM

37,052 posts, read 19,035,433 times
Quote:
Read the same people that ran a conspiracy theory as fact for 3 years?
Fox did that? Somehow I missed it...

Old 09-20-2019, 10:26 AM

37,052 posts, read 19,035,433 times
Quote:
If you were an anti-Trump leaker in the Intel Community afraid that you are about to be exposed with a criminal investigation, might you not seek protection by calling yourself a "whistleblower"? LOL!

They sent you on a 3 year journey to nowhere. You ready to take a trek?
Let's do it.

The quickest way to put this whole matter to rest would be the release of the letter from the whistleblower to Congress and the media.

Instead, Trump just gave an interview and said "It doesn't matter what I discussed", and let slip that he was talking to the president of Ukraine. Rudy, in the meantime, confessed on TV that he had tried to get Ukraine to dug up dirt on Biden's son.

It's not a good look for the Home Team.

Old 09-20-2019, 10:30 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,927,604 times
Quote:
???? it's the same idea.

Trump wanted to 'negotiate', have a deal with a foreign power .....making him under foreign influence. The minute you say I will do x for you if you do y for me -- you have given up some of your power because you have promised something.

Old 09-20-2019, 10:32 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,431,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
The IG already found the complaint to be "credible" and elevated it to the ODNI and alerted Congress. We are far past the point where one can plausibly argue that the complaint lacks substance or credibility. Please try to keep up.
get your terms correct

all whistleblower complaints go to the DOJ (at the lowest possible level... (ie local/county/state/ and federal))

the House intelligence committee IG is the one who said the complaint is credible...not the DOJ IG....that is a big difference in terms

Old 09-20-2019, 10:36 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,431,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
???? it's the same idea.

Trump wanted to 'negotiate', have a deal with a foreign power .....making him under foreign influence. The minute you say I will do x for you if you do y for me -- you have given up some of your power because you have promised something.
so when Obama negotiated with the Iranian government..that made him under """foreign influence"""??

so when Bush sr negotiated with the Canadian and Mexican governments (NAFTA)..that made him under """foreign influence"""??

so when Clinton negotiated with the China's government (to get them in the WTO) that made him under """foreign influence"""??

POTUSes negotiate with foreign powers all the time...that is part of their job

Old 09-20-2019, 10:40 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,568,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
get your terms correct

all whistleblower complaints go to the DOJ

the House intelligence committee IG is the one who said the complaint is credible...not the DOJ IG....that is a big difference in terms
100% incorrect. The Office of the Inspector General of the Intelligence Community (Michael Atkinson, a Trump appointee) is a suboffice that is a part of the Office of the Director of National Intelligence and reports to the Director of National Intelligence. It is not the "House intelligence committee IG" whatever the hell that is. One of its express purposes is to investigate whistleblower complaints within the intelligence community.

https://www.dni.gov/index.php/who-we...cig-who-we-are
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.