Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2020, 11:08 AM

26,773 posts, read 22,521,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
All misinterpreted when transferred to English. When Mohammad wrote the Holy Quran he wrote it in Arabic, the only language it was intended to be read in.

So there are no translators in the world that can do it right?
And no interpreters in the world then, that "truly understand Arabic" during negotiations?

And no other non-Arabic muslims in the world that understand the book that they worship "correctly"?
Excuse me, but while it's correct that Arabic is a "true language of Islam," ( in a very intrinsic way,) to say that no one else can understand what's written in Koran because it's written in a certain language is misleading, to say the least.

Not only that, but Koran is written in a much more clear and direct manner than Bible, that leads to much more interpretations, whether it's "transferred to English" or any other language.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2020, 06:11 PM

2 posts, read 385 times
If you are familiar with Farsi I would suggest you a PDF books to find out more.
this PDF : https://kaffeketab.ir/downloads/down...d-kings-tabari

Old 03-14-2020, 06:24 PM

11,120 posts, read 5,583,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Fundamentalist Christians beat their children. The denomination I grew up in encouraged it, even to the point of bruising. There was a doctrine called "breaking the will of the child." Should that be legal?

Some years ago, I heard an old "church lady" spouting off about the need to indoctrinate young children. She said, "If you wait until they're teenagers to start pounding the Bible into their heads, it will be too late. By then, they will have started to think for themselves."

Old 03-14-2020, 06:38 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Not really, how can they practice their religion without abusing their wives and daughters
1.8 billion Muslims in the world. How many do you personally know?

For most of history females were considered Chattels, regardless of religion. You can be certain you are a decendent of a female who had no rights.

They still are in some cultures, not limited to some Muslim majority countries.

Women did not have the right to own property or vote in the US or employment opportunities, let alone equal pay for equal work.

Old 03-15-2020, 12:46 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Islam isn’t right about anything as far as I can tell.

Of course, that puts it in good company. Neither is any other religion IMO.

Old 03-15-2020, 02:07 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,083,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
All misinterpreted when transferred to English. When Mohammad wrote the Holy Quran he wrote it in Arabic, the only language it was intended to be read in.
There are some authentic translations of Quran in many different languages, English being one of them.

You may want to read one of those from start to end to know the gist of the Quranic message towards YOU, AND ONLY THEN use this piece of information to get the better idea of the entire picture, "Muhammad, did not know how to read or write. He did NOT write the Quran"

Old 03-16-2020, 03:24 AM

1,663 posts, read 875,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Just a little more than a hundred years ago, our American society repressed women in much the same way. I heard this firsthand from older women on both sides of my family, when I was a young boy.
A little over 100 years ago American society was not performing female genital mutilation. Nor was it stoning women to death for the "crime" of being raped.

Old 03-16-2020, 08:12 AM

15,059 posts, read 8,622,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
That they may be ahead does not make them arrived. And there is a pretty big difference between lip service and reality.
Your insinuations that Islam and Christianity are comparable regarding its poor views and treatment of women is beyond gross ignorance, and is merely a confession of your own broad brush anti-religion mindset.

Right from the beginning, for starters, Christianity holds that a woman (Mary) gave birth to Jesus Christ, to wit there is no such comparable example of Islam affording such high status and reverence to a women. As for modern times, I have yet to run across a Christian pastor, reverend, or other members of the church offering instructions on the proper method for beating your wife, nor of any Christian scripture instructing the honor killing of daughters by their fathers should they be found in violation of its laws governing a female’s restricted behavior. I won’t even bother going further into the endless list of dramatic differences, as it would take many hours and many pages of text to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies