Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2019, 05:17 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,335,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Well going after the big fish is actually a good start.
And to too many environmental lightweights, a "big fish" is anyone who makes more than they do -- or earns a better living because they don't subscribe to Leftist nonsense.

Quote:
You cant fault anyone for driving if their livelihood requires it.
I've met more than a few men -- and occasionally, women -- who drive and/or travel for a living because, while they love their families, they can stand only so much of the tedium of "domestic bliss".

Old 09-20-2019, 05:22 PM

57,288 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
The part in bold - I agree 100000%. Regardless of how the climate is changing, we have accept that we can't do a whole lot about it - except adapt.

I have my concerns about climate change, considering we're enduring the hottest September on record (ugh), but I simply *cannot* live without AC. If it gets hotter, the more juice I'm gonna use to run that AC, because it's a necessity. I also eat meat - I would have a very hard time with a veggie diet. Others can swing it, I choose not to. Nobody's going to take that away from me. And travel - let's not go there. It's not gonna happen.

The question I have now is this: When will all this hysteria end? Or am I going to have to listen to this noise for the rest of my days?
Ask Southwest Texas or the Midwest how the adapting is going, do you put up a sign that says "bump ahead" or fix the road. Many of the same people in Texas that were flooded out from Harvey in 2017 are flooded out again.

Old 09-20-2019, 05:45 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,088,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Good for her... A 16 year old with asperger syndrome has more courage than most people who call themselves adults....The young people are NOT happy with the future world they may be left with, thanks to science deniers....
Just as the anti-gunners exploited and used kids for their demand march, so the tree huggers are now using this for their purposes. Does anyone think that the kids could organize this show? They’re merely puppets used to pump up the emotions of other leftists.

Kids will have their turn. When it comes. Just like every generation before them. In the meantime, give them some cookies and send them to bed.

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-21-2019 at 05:14 AM.. Reason: language

Old 09-20-2019, 06:17 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,684,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
That is just feel good bs. What specifically are you doing to reduce your emission footprint? Selling your car? Putting up solar panels? Giving up air conditioning? What electronic devices are you giving up?
Any step to use less energy reduces your emission footprint. The first step is energy efficiency. Efficient lighting and heating. Replacing leaking windows with modern, energy efficient windows. Insulating your house. Selecting a car that gets better mileage. All of these things put money in your pocket. If you are willing to take a longer view, install a heat pump water heater. Half the energy budget of your home goes to nothing but heating water. Buy a front loading washer that uses a fraction of the water.

Your electric utility will do a free energy audit of your home, and there might be tax credits for installing insulation or energy efficient appliances and heating/cooling.

The USA has already saved gigawatts of generating capacity, despite opposition from the thoughtless and ignorant. We still have a long way to go.

Old 09-20-2019, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Ask Southwest Texas or the Midwest how the adapting is going, do you put up a sign that says "bump ahead" or fix the road. Many of the same people in Texas that were flooded out from Harvey in 2017 are flooded out again.
That's SE Texas. Climate migration in the US has already begun. People are abandoning the Florida Keys. Flood projections show that about 6 million homes along the Atlantic and Gulf Coasts will have to be abandoned in this century. That's only 75,000 homes a year. It might be an acceptable expense, since the next couple generations are the ones who will get hung for the bills. I understand why high school kids are protesting. They are the ones who will get hit in the pocketbook.

Old 09-20-2019, 06:31 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,768,427 times
I thought this thread was locked???

Anyway, personally I am proud of these kids. I think it totally rocks that they are passionate about this issue and are getting out and raising hell about it. I was afraid that modern kids were too busy with cell phones and Facebook to get involved. Reminds me of the 60's, protesting Vietnam.

Old 09-20-2019, 06:44 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
So now we adults are supposed to take our cues from a generation of adolescents who still haven't figured out what gender they are? Right...

Old 09-20-2019, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMan View Post
He's so worried about climate change he owns three huge houses. Obama just bought a $15 million ocean front house. If the coasts are going to be flooded, why buy a home on the beach? Hmmm.
Obama knows how far above sea level the house it. You obviously don't. How does it feel to be dumber than a democrat?

Old 09-20-2019, 06:56 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
The demonstration being inspired by that little obnoxious snot Swedish leftist activist “Greta Thunberg”.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/20/world...ntl/index.html
I think she is awesome and represents the future. Move over old tight arse geezers the future is nigh !!

Old 09-20-2019, 06:59 PM

33,541 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
It still amazes that there are adults that truly believe the kids set all of these event up completely on their own,

Get a clue. Seriously. These events are orchestrated by political organizations with agendas. The kids are just props.

And she's a great prop, too, since they have advertised her disability. Anyone who takes any pot shots at her will be dismissed as a hater/racist/homophobe/misogynst/fill in with another SJW insult.
Show me your evidence...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies