Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2019, 10:05 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
If it is a problem for Trump then it has to be a problem for Obama as well.

However, I do not see why it is a problem for a president to interact with the head of another nation in this way. We can argue about whether it is a good idea or not (another example is Obama's Iran nuclear deal). But it is certainly within their authority to engage in these actions.

The real problem here is the financial improprieties relating to Biden's son and Biden's apparent involvement. That is the only issue with any legs here.
Of course.

But right now -- let's deal with Trump.

Let the DOJ have all the evidence to deal with Obama, Clinton, Comey, McCabe......blah blah blah...it's all there plain as the nose on our faces...so there should be no problem at all for the DOJ.......

but back to Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2019, 10:09 AM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
The problem here goes back to the adage: It's not what you say, it is how you say it.

Trump is a rather dim bulb and is not too clever in what he asks for. Apparently Obama and others have gotten away with similar activities but they gave themselves plausible deniability by how they asked for it. Trump, not being a master of the subtle, didn't do that. It's the same thing with immigration and his wall. He would have gotten more support from Americans if he didn't call Mexicans rapists and murderers. That really turned off a lot of people.

So, as long as you say it elegant or have someone else say it for you, it's all good...

Damn, the left loves it's cake and eats it also.....

Old 09-22-2019, 10:11 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,516,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Of course.

Let the DOJ have all the evidence to deal with Obama, Clinton, Comey, McCabe......blah blah blah...it's all there plain as the nose on our faces...so there should be no problem at all for the DOJ.......

but back to Trump.
It is within a president's power to interact and to lobby the heads of other nations in this way. That is as true for Trump as it is for Obama. Shake your head at both of them and call them both partisans if you like - it is true, they both are - but this is yet another nothingburger. This time without even a bun to put it on.

The Biden stuff is the only real corruption at issue here, and should be treated accordingly. Don't get me wrong, I have no particular issue with old Joe. But this kind of apparent financial misconduct and misuse of power for personal financial and family gain is exactly the sort of thing that we need our law enforcement to hold people accountable for.

And this thread is actually about Obama, by the way.

Old 09-22-2019, 03:53 PM

5,957 posts, read 2,875,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
you guys think this is some new development that politicians are corrupt? 50 years ago I remember my father commenting that they should line up congress and shoot every 10th one. Tell the rest of them to straighten up or next month its the same thing.
Just like the Roman Centurions when they lost a skirmish .

Old 09-22-2019, 06:28 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,014,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Of course.

but back to Trump.
You know what really bothers me...……..I think Trump is at best a VERY poor president. Why in the hell with all the movements to combat global warming, income inequality,racism, you name the causes into infinity...….yet the front runner that the democrats have pushed to the forefront is an old career politician and an angry woman who lied about being a native American...………..

Old 09-22-2019, 06:32 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
You know what really bothers me...……..I think Trump is at best a VERY poor president. Why in the hell with all the movements to combat global warming, income inequality,racism, you name the causes into infinity...….yet the front runner that the democrats have pushed to the forefront is an old career politician and an angry woman who lied about being a native American...………..
That is the million dollar question...

Old 09-22-2019, 06:41 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,100,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, as long as you say it elegant or have someone else say it for you, it's all good...

Damn, the left loves it's cake and eats it also.....
So you acknowledge Trump’s most recent impropriety as illegal?

Old 09-22-2019, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
So you acknowledge Trump’s most recent impropriety as illegal?

Which is?

Old 09-22-2019, 07:29 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,100,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Which is?
You tell me, it was your post about the Dems being hypocritical.

Old 09-22-2019, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
You tell me, it was your post about the Dems being hypocritical.

Well, that's what I'm trying to figure out....trump has been circling the toilet bowl for how many years now? And nothing....he is still our president and if you continue, we will have him for another 4 years.... Hopefully....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies