Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2019, 11:41 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times

Advertisements

If the election were tonight, no one would vote because they think the election in in November 2020
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2019, 11:46 AM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallbuilder View Post
I'm not going listen to nor watch that fat lardhole spew filth but it does appear he finally digested some huge chunks of Truth.

Old 09-23-2019, 11:59 AM

52,266 posts, read 52,686,640 times
That guy discussing the Maher video is seriously out of touch with the mainstream. Typical far left nutter.

Old 09-23-2019, 12:24 PM

13,655 posts, read 9,714,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Exactly. His platform was illegal immigration. There wasn’t anything more important to his voters...
This is unfortunately only too true. We had a poll right here on C-D recently, aimed at self-identifying Conservatives/Republicans, to name their #1 issue. Illegal immigration won by a landslide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
So far, I think Amy Klobuchar might be the best of the heap,..
Another Klobuchar fan here. But as others have noted, she lacks the visceral appeal that seems to drive modern elections, and thereby, isn't a serious contender. She's the John Huntsman or Jeb Bush of the Democratic Party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
One thing that you Trump fans are forgetting is that every day Trump does something more bizarre than the day before, and eventually that is going to be his downfall. ...
I doubt this. Assuming that Trump maintains his core-support, and that the Democrats nominate somebody who lacks appeal to the Center, Trump's foibles - current or future - won't matter. Realistically, here's the only way for Trump to lose:

1. At the current UN meeting, announce that he's rejoining the Paris Climate Accords, and is committed to putting the US on a European-style path to emissions reduction.

2. In a meeting with the Iranian foreign minister, agree to reenter the 2015 sanctions-relief compromise, and submit it as a bill to Congress, to ratify it as a treaty.

3. Fire Steve Miller and Peter Navarro.

4. Reinstate DACA protections by Executive Order.

5. Reach an immediate settlement with China, rescinding all tariffs since 2018, returning to the status quo ante.

6. Propose a pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants currently in the US.

Old 09-23-2019, 01:51 PM

2,561 posts, read 2,182,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
The top three planks of the leading candidates - more illegal immigration, more free stuff with huge price tags, taking away Constitutionally protected rights - do not poll well among that 10-20% undecided cohort.
The top 3 planks of Biden is

1. There's more that unites us than divides us
2. Bring back respect to the US from the international community again.
3. Protect the ACA, specifically for those with pre-existing conditions.

Warren/Sanders are both similar plans to one another:

1. End a corrupt campaign finance system epitomized by the current president
2. Expand healthcare to everyone
3. Prevent/slow climate change before it's too late to preserve our planet

Trump's message:
1. I like white people
2. I like rich people
3. I like dictators and kleptocrats

Old 09-23-2019, 02:28 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,392,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Of course, the democrats don't have a viable candidate, or platform at this point.

from what i see they are plain looney tune, you would think out of 65 million people you could find six people that wasn t wacko

Old 09-23-2019, 02:33 PM

52,266 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
This is unfortunately only too true. We had a poll right here on C-D recently, aimed at self-identifying Conservatives/Republicans, to name their #1 issue. Illegal immigration won by a landslide.

Another Klobuchar fan here. But as others have noted, she lacks the visceral appeal that seems to drive modern elections, and thereby, isn't a serious contender. She's the John Huntsman or Jeb Bush of the Democratic Party.

I doubt this. Assuming that Trump maintains his core-support, and that the Democrats nominate somebody who lacks appeal to the Center, Trump's foibles - current or future - won't matter. Realistically, here's the only way for Trump to lose:

1. At the current UN meeting, announce that he's rejoining the Paris Climate Accords, and is committed to putting the US on a European-style path to emissions reduction.

2. In a meeting with the Iranian foreign minister, agree to reenter the 2015 sanctions-relief compromise, and submit it as a bill to Congress, to ratify it as a treaty.

3. Fire Steve Miller and Peter Navarro.

4. Reinstate DACA protections by Executive Order.

5. Reach an immediate settlement with China, rescinding all tariffs since 2018, returning to the status quo ante.

6. Propose a pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants currently in the US.
The bolded is what I've been saying. The dems need a more moderate voice. Biden sounded a little more moderate in the beginning. He's taken to saying more and more far left things lately. Plus lets face it, the guy is really coming off like he's starting to lose it. I see clip after clip of him just gaffing all over the place. One or two slip ups is fine, but he's way past that lately.

Old 09-23-2019, 02:35 PM

8,337 posts, read 2,965,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusillirob1983 View Post
The top 3 planks of Biden is

1. There's more that unites us than divides us
2. Bring back respect to the US from the international community again.
3. Protect the ACA, specifically for those with pre-existing conditions.

Warren/Sanders are both similar plans to one another:

1. End a corrupt campaign finance system epitomized by the current president
2. Expand healthcare to everyone
3. Prevent/slow climate change before it's too late to preserve our planet

Trump's message:
1. I like white people
2. I like rich people
3. I like dictators and kleptocrats
Most whites voted for Trump. Most non-whites didn’t. That has been typical for both parties for decades. White-republican, minority-democrat. Most people vote for what’s in their best interest. Democrats haven’t won the white vote since the early 60’s.

The parties are divided by race. Been that way and will likely stay that way. For republicans to try to get most of the minority votes they have to turn to democrat policies. For democrats to gain most of the white vote they have to turn conservative.

I don’t see that happening.

Old 09-23-2019, 02:44 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,798,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
You believe that?? LOLOLOL. These farmers want money to support themselves and their families and to keep the family farm.. Trump is taking away their way of life. If they vote him in again, they deserve what they get.

I don’t think any Trump supporter cares about our country. All they care about is being thought of as being special. They believe Trump’s hogwash, even though he is stealing the country blind. Now he’s trying to get us into war. He’s a bully and a fool. The people who support him just want a bully to take care of their sagging egos!

Trump has played his base for fools. Here he is, a supposed billionaire, acting like he “feels their pain.” What a joke. The smart people in this country know all Trump cares about is himself and sucking money out of the US Treasury for his bank account.
Oh......ok......sure.....

Old 09-23-2019, 03:02 PM

8,487 posts, read 6,891,592 times
Because people are just drawn to political train wrecks. For some it's just pure entertainment watching a President do his clown act.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies