Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2019, 02:59 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,381,698 times

Advertisements

Her mother is an opera singer, thus the melodrama.

Old 09-24-2019, 03:03 PM

5,901 posts, read 2,828,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
How dare you??
If my daughter spoke and acted like this she would be sent to her room,and told come out when you calm down.

Old 09-24-2019, 03:16 PM

1,705 posts, read 535,169 times
Greta is absolutely correct... I dont care how she said it. She is right.

Climate change is happening because Fossile fuel companies have spent Hundreds of $Billions in disinformation campaign against science.

They knew in the 70s, that they where going to affect the climate, but chose to suppress it, to protect profits.
Just like tobacco companies did.

Old 09-24-2019, 03:17 PM

2,180 posts, read 636,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I have--but "open comments" on many tabs are mostly written by the conservatives who read them. Which European publications are you referring to? And I am still waiting to find out who the "we" are here in the US that people are speaking for.

I'm talking about literally any European online publication with comments. From the Independent to the Daily Mail. Bild am Sonntag to DW.com. Plenty of criticism of this girl... or more aptly, her methods and her handlers who exploit her.

Granted, I do not know Swedish, but the opinions of Swedes are pretty irrelevant since they hate themselves anyway.

It's funny how you discount online commentators as "conservatives who read them"... where do her supporters hang out, then?

Old 09-24-2019, 03:19 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,894,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
And hopefully we'll never see Greta in the U.S. again. She will be forgotten as she should. A child parroting histerical nonsense she's been spoon fed backed by Globalist Elites wanting yet another income and wealth redistribution scheme. This man made climate change movement is a criminal plan to confiscate yet more money from people.
When plans don't go according to plan, children *all of a sudden* become spokespeople.

It's a pattern I've noticed.

As though something that an adult says and has been dismissed suddenly has MORE weight and gets MORE attention if a child says it.

It's very, very, very odd. Marketing 101.

And people fall for it.

Old 09-24-2019, 03:20 PM

18,073 posts, read 18,738,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post
Her mother is an opera singer, thus the melodrama.
Both parents are advocates of the Euro Antifa group, which predates the US version, but basically run along the same lines.

Old 09-24-2019, 03:35 PM

29,108 posts, read 14,425,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman83 View Post

Climate change is happening because Fossile fuel companies have spent Hundreds of $Billions in disinformation campaign against science.

They knew in the 70s, that they where going to affect the climate, but chose to suppress it, to protect profits.

Awesome, with that said. Are you ready to roll back the clock and live life per industrial era ? Can you hunt for your own food ? Are tree's around to heat your home ? Any skills that you can use to barter for goods ?
Apparently we effed up, now how do we fix it ?

Old 09-24-2019, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Awesome, with that said. Are you ready to roll back the clock and live life per industrial era ? Can you hunt for your own food ? Are tree's around to heat your home ? Any skills that you can use to barter for goods ?
Apparently we effed up, now how do we fix it ?
There is no need to live pre industrial era... That is RightWing talking points, made to distract and have people quibble with nonsense. Even the BS about not eating meat is rightwing talking points.

We are perfectly able to have functioning society based on Renewable power production.
It takes money to set up.. but just stop giving subsidies to fossile fuel companies and that would go a long way.

There is no problem growing food without fossile fuel machinery..
There is no problem getting produce from A to B without fossile fuel.
etc etc etc...

Batteries and electric motors are the future... driven by renewables and hopefully Thorium.

Old 09-24-2019, 03:59 PM

18,073 posts, read 18,738,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman83 View Post

And the first time you ever heard of this was from her?

You had zero care until she said something?

Old 09-24-2019, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
And the first time you ever heard of this was from her?

You had zero care until she said something?

I knew about it in the early 80s.. and have cared since.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies