Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2019, 07:58 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Liberals who slander Candace are sexists and racists. How do they like the shoe being on the other foot now?
So no way that we can't disagree with her and her garden variety comments or her past of hosting a website that allowed for doxxing of female game developers alleged to sleep their way to good reviews like what happened with Gamergate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2019, 06:54 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,010,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Her political history is what makes me think she is hustling you. She was not in the "conservative" camp until a few years ago when she wasn't getting attention or money based on being a regular old black Democrat lol.
As far as I know, Candace Owens was never a political activist until she became a conservative. She's only around 30 years old, so I would doubt that she was even very political until the past couple years or so.

How is it evidence that she is "hustling" just because she's on the right? Isn't it possible to make $$$ by going left? Have Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton done ok financially while leaning left? Or for that matter, people like George Stephanapoulus, Bernie Sanders, and the Clintons? You're going to tell me that they are missing meals by being on the left?

It is sure magical thinking to assume that because Owens went right, it is because she's working a hustle. Admit it, you have zero evidence, only magical thinking.

Quote:

Also the fact that other blacks are conservatives but they don't tell you what you want to hear the way she does (or to the extent she does) so you don't pay them as much attention or you attempt to paint them as not being conservative enough or actually conservative. I personally have just as much disdain for Democrats as Republicans, but I've been deemed a "liberal" many times on the forum... ..
LOL you decry posters who try to pigeon-hole you, just after you have pigeon-holed me? How the heck do you have any idea what I "want to hear?" Are you another one who does mental-telepathy over the internet?

Old 09-25-2019, 07:15 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Her political history is what makes me think she is hustling you. She was not in the "conservative" camp until a few years ago when she wasn't getting attention or money based on being a regular old black Democrat lol.

In other words, when you are black you aren't allowed to think for yourself.

She is what you Loony Libs call "Woke." Your term. Maybe watch her shows to find out why she changed. For that matter, watch all the videos made by former Dems who joined the #WalkAway movement for the same reason. They got 'woke' honey.

Start with this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z71k7EDDEqY

Old 09-26-2019, 07:37 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:

She is what you Loony Libs call "Woke." Your term. Maybe watch her shows to find out why she changed. For that matter, watch all the videos made by former Dems who joined the #WalkAway movement for the same reason. They got 'woke' honey.

Start with this one.

OK so they walk away from Democrats to what, a Republican Party with a President who called one of.their own not born here when she is in fact an American citizen? A President that called a predominately city rat infested? A party that uses Chicago as a scapegoat when gun violence in particular mass shootings are talked about. A party that condones police using force on people (considering African-Americans have been far more the target of these.) Yeah I'm sure the woke block will be "woke" enough to vote for an R next time.

FYI, walk away is effecting Republicans too. In 2008 and 2012 I voted for Republicans. I started dialing.back in 14 and still voted specific Republicans in (I would have voted McCain for Senate in 16, but I didn't want someone in Congress longer than I had been alive.) Now, I can't. Largely because of how Republicans in my state don't want my mail in ballot counted, just because I didn't think McSally was a good choice in Senator and Kelli Ward (another dolt) is the GOP chair for Arizona. Sorry, they went too far and too bat****e for me, especially with the protection if Trump.

Old 09-26-2019, 08:10 AM

3,748 posts, read 1,443,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I don’t assume people are stupid. Most people found her support for hitler’s domestic agenda to be disgusting.
We need to ask black American folk who are rank and file. What is greatest threat. White supremacy or climate change. This will be a tough question to answer. It's like asking wwht came first. Slavery or white supremacy?

Old 09-26-2019, 08:41 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,705,888 times
Quote:

Start with this one.

Was she thinking for herself when she was a democrat or was she thinking for herself when she became a republican? Of course I know your answer. You will say she started thinking when she chose to think like you, because, no doubt, you consider yourself a smart person that comes to decisions on your own.

Watching a video of why other people changed does not offer a shred of evidence to explain why Candice Owens changed.

If I were to offer a theory on her change....somehow she felt scorned, personally, by blacks. Now she has embarked on a scorched earth strategy against blacks politically....and in her personal life. She is attacking and rejecting all things black.

Old 09-26-2019, 08:42 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,598,043 times
I voted Republican one time, in 2004. My very first Presidential election. I was 18. I remember telling another person that I voted Republican. Her response to me was "good boy". Looking back, I had a strange feeling that she sort of looked down on me as a Black person. I mean, being called "boy" and she's a millennial like me.

After a year, I was quite disenchanted with the GOP. The whole Katrina situation didn't help. However, other things in my life, I saw the GOP as not really being of any help to me. That was the first and last time I've voted GOP in a Presidential election.

I've spent the majority of my adult like in the Atlanta metropolitan area (specifically the suburbs west of Atlanta). I've never voted for a GOP governor. Somehow, Georgia gets a GOP governor. The currently governor is as close as we've gotten in years to a white supremacist. Brian Kemp used to a be Secretary of State. He purged over 1 million voters from the voter rolls, most were still living in Georgia. He had over 200 polling stations closed, a huge number of them in predominantly Black areas. He was also in charge of the voting machines. Many polling stations had malfunctioning machines, especially in majority-minority areas And then there is this. He was supposed to step down as Secretary of State when he ran for governor. He failed to do that. What confirmed that he wanted to make it harder to vote was an audio recording that was leaked. He complained about Democrats helping people, especially minorities, get registered to vote. https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...-rolling-stone

And now Kemp wants to make it even harder to vote, now that he's governor.
https://www.npr.org/2019/04/04/70991...-2018-election

Stuff like this is not going to make Black people want to vote GOP.

Old 09-26-2019, 09:20 AM

3,331 posts, read 2,136,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I voted Republican one time, in 2004. My very first Presidential election. I was 18. I remember telling another person that I voted Republican. Her response to me was "good boy". Looking back, I had a strange feeling that she sort of looked down on me as a Black person. I mean, being called "boy" and she's a millennial like me.

After a year, I was quite disenchanted with the GOP. The whole Katrina situation didn't help. However, other things in my life, I saw the GOP as not really being of any help to me. That was the first and last time I've voted GOP in a Presidential election.

I've spent the majority of my adult like in the Atlanta metropolitan area (specifically the suburbs west of Atlanta). I've never voted for a GOP governor. Somehow, Georgia gets a GOP governor. The currently governor is as close as we've gotten in years to a white supremacist. Brian Kemp used to a be Secretary of State. He purged over 1 million voters from the voter rolls, most were still living in Georgia. He had over 200 polling stations closed, a huge number of them in predominantly Black areas. He was also in charge of the voting machines. Many polling stations had malfunctioning machines, especially in majority-minority areas And then there is this. He was supposed to step down as Secretary of State when he ran for governor. He failed to do that. What confirmed that he wanted to make it harder to vote was an audio recording that was leaked. He complained about Democrats helping people, especially minorities, get registered to vote. https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...-rolling-stone

And now Kemp wants to make it even harder to vote, now that he's governor.
https://www.npr.org/2019/04/04/70991...-2018-election

Stuff like this is not going to make Black people want to vote GOP.

The analysis of the impact on the Black community of leftist national policy is worse, yet that doesn't stop 90% from voting a certain way. Where's the consistency of outrage, or the observance of values to be found there? The welfare culture implemented by Democrats has destroyed the black community, and their tacit support for open borders represents the economic nail in the coffin for that very same community. All wrought by folks craving wealth and power, and at the national level, these folks are disproportionately white and care about blacks only to the extent that they need to maintain a voting base capable of ensuring they (the elected overseers) continue to reside outside of the trailer parks and ghettos. It's easy to identify the right-wing screwballs, they can't help but tell you about their bigotry. The left is far more insidious, extending a hand of friendship while clenching a blade behind their back. Reminds me of the Goethe quote: "None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free."

Old 09-26-2019, 09:33 AM

5,981 posts, read 2,235,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
As far as I know, Candace Owens was never a political activist until she became a conservative. She's only around 30 years old, so I would doubt that she was even very political until the past couple years or so.

How is it evidence that she is "hustling" just because she's on the right? Isn't it possible to make $$$ by going left? Have Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton done ok financially while leaning left? Or for that matter, people like George Stephanapoulus, Bernie Sanders, and the Clintons? You're going to tell me that they are missing meals by being on the left?

It is sure magical thinking to assume that because Owens went right, it is because she's working a hustle. Admit it, you have zero evidence, only magical thinking.

LOL you decry posters who try to pigeon-hole you, just after you have pigeon-holed me? How the heck do you have any idea what I "want to hear?" Are you another one who does mental-telepathy over the internet?

She became politically active because it paid better than what she was doing. She went from random YouTube and Twitter videos to a regular guest on a National Television Network by repeating a narrative over and over. She gives no solutions, does not identify all causes of issues just the ones that fit a political narrative that will pay her.

Candice Owens will have another "Awakening" when the money dries up and she needs to find another lane to survive.

Old 09-26-2019, 10:12 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
The analysis of the impact on the Black community of leftist national policy is worse, yet that doesn't stop 90% from voting a certain way. Where's the consistency of outrage, or the observance of values to be found there? The welfare culture implemented by Democrats has destroyed the black community, and their tacit support for open borders represents the economic nail in the coffin for that very same community. All wrought by folks craving wealth and power, and at the national level, these folks are disproportionately white and care about blacks only to the extent that they need to maintain a voting base capable of ensuring they (the elected overseers) continue to reside outside of the trailer parks and ghettos. It's easy to identify the right-wing screwballs, they can't help but tell you about their bigotry. The left is far more insidious, extending a hand of friendship while clenching a blade behind their back. Reminds me of the Goethe quote: "None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free."
I don't see how. Getting on welfare is a choice. A politician trying to make it harder for you to vote, that is a completely different matter. The Black population already had alot of problems before "the welfare state". At least when there's no voter suppression, it's easier to vote, and it's easier to choose.

You can come up with reasons why the Democrats are bad, but you can't come up with reasons why the GOP would be good for Blacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies