Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2019, 11:12 AM

8,502 posts, read 3,341,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuele View Post
It is absolutely relevant that the Ukraine President did not have knowledge of the funds being held back. How can there be a threat, when the principal defining factor of the accusation doesn't even exist ? How can this " mob boss' as Schiff wants to imply put the squeeze on ? If you hear of a kidnapping of someone, and are asked for a ransom,and that person is in the next room, would you pay up ? Of course not.

You are now making things up. You have no clue regarding why Trump did what he did involving the funds. All you have is what you have been told. There are reports he was waiting for Germany to pay up.Who knows why ? It doesn't matter, because the " victim" in this case was unaware .

" Trump is an unpopular president. Yeah, to Dems ans their MSM enablers. But he was ELECTED , so he surely must have enough popularity to have gotten to that place. And don't start with Polls. Polls are not facts. They aren't even " news ".

And why ask what the Ukraine President would do? That is irrelevant. What is relevant is that the language of the phone call doesn't pass any kind of sniff test as extortion, attempts at bribery, or any other " impeachable Offense" . Even though a crime is not required for impeachment, both Watergate and the Clinton Impeachments involved actual crimes. Crimes that could have been prosecuted out side the umbrella of Impeachment, where the rules and procedures are slightly different.

Accusers now in secret. Clandestine hearings proposed where the American people don't get to see the evidence, the actors, the participants. The Politician leading the entire charade is one who over and over, promised evidence " in plain sight" of Russian collusion. No cross examination since it is not the fruits of an actual House Vote for Impeachment proceedings.

Basically another one sided , partisan attempt to find something , anything, to redo the 2016 election.
And in the process, walk all over the basic principles that the country was founded on.

Shameful.
We are each sorting through the events to determine what to make of it. My only comment is to clarify the bold: There is a clip where Trump briefly mentions his decision to release the funds. He makes light of it, they told me I should "so I did." My recall he repeated a WH assessment it looked bad (with no further detail) but that's less clear. He absolutely followed WH guidance.

He did not in that clip address the various rationales that he/others have put forward for initially withholding them.

Old 09-30-2019, 11:14 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,558,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
It’s not another country problem to look into something someone over here did.
The potential corruption took place in the Ukraine and involved a Ukrainian company.... how is that not their problem?

Old 09-30-2019, 11:16 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

I fully understand there are other in this United States, it's just not left vs. right....

Let me ask you something....you continually bad mouth those on the right, yet let the left run free, wo include you about anything you want, yet you won't talk or say anything back to those on the left, why?

Careful here, depending on your answer...you'll could be a hypocrite....
You keep proving my point over and over again it’s to easy. if anyone disagrees with you and doesn’t like what Trump does/says they are liberal scum, you stated as much.

Why? Because I live in the NOW not the past, what good does it do to bring up what someone else did regardless of party?

Old 09-30-2019, 11:18 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Moscow Mitch has apparently gone into hiding. The only shills on the news circuit yesterday were Trump's own hand picked thugs, and they flopped miserably. Jim Jordan, Rudy Colludy (who did manage to destroy Mike Pompeo. Thanks, Rudy!), Stephen Goebbels Miller, and the ever-popular Miss Leningrad Lindsey all leapt into action and stuffed their collective mouth full of feet for the world to see.

Mitch sent no soldiers into the battle. His silence screams volumes.
Nailed it.

No one with any credibility was sent out.

Jim Jordan as a character witness? Please.

Old 09-30-2019, 11:21 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,422,948 times
Finally, some of the GOP are speaking out against Don the Con. Save your souls Graham and Meadows.

Old 09-30-2019, 11:30 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Finally, some of the GOP are speaking out against Don the Con. Save your souls Graham and Meadows.
Too late. They sold their souls to Donald J. (the "J" is for Judas) Trump long ago.

Old 09-30-2019, 11:34 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Rudy Colludy is a sad case. He could have retired as the hero mayor during 9/11, but instead got power hungry.

Greed kills.
Another politician/celebrity who had a solid career choosing to disgrace themselves in their golden years. I remember when Clint Eastwood lost a debate to an empty chair at the GOP convention.

Old 09-30-2019, 11:53 AM

996 posts, read 379,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
We are each sorting through the events to determine what to make of it. My only comment is to clarify the bold: There is a clip where Trump briefly mentions his decision to release the funds. He makes light of it, they told me I should "so I did." My recall he repeated a WH assessment it looked bad (with no further detail) but that's less clear. He absolutely followed WH guidance.

He did not in that clip address the various rationales that he/others have put forward for initially withholding them.
He shouldn't have to rationalize anything. He is the President. Didn't Obama say " I am the President " ?
In those days, Press Conferences for Obama , as rare as they were, appeared to be a silent gathering of adoring journalists spellbound by his profound speaking skills.

Today we see Dems and their media dissecting every sentence, every nuance, any chance they can get to confront him, challenge him and dare him to respond. Of course, Press relationships both positive and negative are nothing new in history. But today ? " News " reporting is basically gone, a thing of the past. Facts don't matter, we'll fill in the blanks later. Let's us tell you what we THINK , so you know what to THINK< rather than having to THINK for yourselves.

And yeah, Trump eggs them on to some degree. But he has always been that way. The Press? More biased than ever before. The Leftists have worked hard since the 1960's. They have Academia, they have the media, so they pretty much control the brainwashing and the message they want you to hear. Case in point, Yale students who just aren't pleased enough about Climate Change and Yale's investments. Down there, they don;t have any problem changing building names, destroying murals and artwork, they don;t want to " offend " certain groups.

To all those young people out the protesting about Climate change ? I say take away their phones,their AC , their cars , their fresh fruits and vegetables out of season on their dinner plates , and let them see what life would be like without fossil fuels.

And now, for 2020, they need to get Trump out before he is re- elected. Then their big Government programs can take over Health Care, Universal Pre School to brainwash children from the cradle, dismantle the fossil fuel industry, take away your cars, your guns , set your wages, determine how much wealth you should have....and invite in anyone else on the planet that would like to live here with open borders. It's the humanitarian thing to do, you know.

As Liz Warren says when illegals are caught sneaking in, and are detained. " That's not who we are " .

" We" . Right Elizabeth. Who is " we" ?

Old 09-30-2019, 12:01 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,341,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuele View Post
He shouldn't have to rationalize anything. He is the President. Didn't Obama say " I am the President " ?
In those days, Press Conferences for Obama , as rare as they were, appeared to be a silent gathering of adoring journalists spellbound by his profound speaking skills.

Today we see Dems and their media dissecting every sentence, every nuance, any chance they can get to confront him, challenge him and dare him to respond. Of course, Press relationships both positive and negative are nothing new in history. But today ? " News " reporting is basically gone, a thing of the past. Facts don't matter, we'll fill in the blanks later. Let's us tell you what we THINK , so you know what to THINK< rather than having to THINK for yourselves.

And yeah, Trump eggs them on to some degree. But he has always been that way. The Press? More biased than ever before. The Leftists have worked hard since the 1960's. They have Academia, they have the media, so they pretty much control the brainwashing and the message they want you to hear. Case in point, Yale students who just aren't pleased enough about Climate Change and Yale's investments. Down there, they don;t have any problem changing building names, destroying murals and artwork, they don;t want to " offend " certain groups.

To all those young people out the protesting about Climate change ? I say take away their phones,their AC , their cars , their fresh fruits and vegetables out of season on their dinner plates , and let them see what life would be like without fossil fuels.

And now, for 2020, they need to get Trump out before he is re- elected. Then their big Government programs can take over Health Care, Universal Pre School to brainwash children from the cradle, dismantle the fossil fuel industry, take away your cars, your guns , set your wages, determine how much wealth you should have....and invite in anyone else on the planet that would like to live here with open borders. It's the humanitarian thing to do, you know.

As Liz Warren says when illegals are caught sneaking in, and are detained. " That's not who we are " .

" We" . Right Elizabeth. Who is " we" ?
There is much that I, too, find problematic. And join you in respecting the sanctity of information. Without it, even if we THINK well our conclusions may be flawed.

Old 09-30-2019, 12:03 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times
It's way past time to begin this inquiry; but even now the Democrats are straddling the fence. What a sad bunch of representatives, scared to perform the job they were elected to do. The right time to begin this inquiry was back at the beginning of the Mueller investigation, not in Q4 of 2019.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies