Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2019, 02:29 PM

10,066 posts, read 14,444,601 times

Advertisements

Disaster for the Democrats--blowing up in their face.

Voters aren't stupid and they'll remember this come 2020. I mean, how could anyone other than the die hard 25% Democratic base, vote for a Democrat candidate in 2020?

What have the Democrats done since 2016? Investigate, hold panel meetings, issue subpoenas, waste time, waste money, and do everything BUT represent the people of their districts in DC.

Just so misguided. The Democrats need to regroup after they lose in 2020, and figure out how to devise a winnable plan for 2024, and focus on that.

Old 10-03-2019, 02:29 PM

15,834 posts, read 6,539,575 times
Siddle up to a Republican and whisper in their ear, "Impeachment". Watch them spin.

Think I'll stock up on popcorn and watch the show.

Old 10-03-2019, 02:31 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Dem's are SUNK as usual. They know nothing about "fair and equitable"
Duh... of course they do! They know all about fair and equitable! The last President to be impeached was a Democrat!

You are very mistaken to think the Democrats are sunk. Nancy Pelosi and some of her caucus leadership were in the House during the Clinton impeachment, and they observed all the mistakes the Repubs made in that one.

Pelosi has proceeded very slowly, and resisted the cries for impeachment for many months. Why do you think she was so slow?

Because she was carefully planning the impeachment proceedings. She won't be making any of those mistakes that sunk the Repubs when they tried to impeach Clinton.

Nancy did not want an impeachment. But if and when impeachment became a certainty, Nancy wanted to be fully prepared to see one through successfully.

Do not believe the Democrats are sunk. When Nancy announced it, she was equipped and ready to go.
Her impeachment proceedings won't fall apart like Newt's did.
There will be no errors. It will be fair and equitable and will withstand any challenge to it.

And once it begins, there will be no dilly-dally. I expect the House will reach it's outcome very quickly and so will the Senate.

There's an election coming up, and there's no time to waste in a sloppy impeachment that could well remove one party's candidate for President from the ballot.

Come election day, both parties must be ready for the election.

Old 10-03-2019, 02:32 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Disaster for the Democrats--blowing up in their face.

Voters aren't stupid and they'll remember this come 2020. I mean, how could anyone other than the die hard 25% Democratic base, vote for a Democrat candidate in 2020?

What have the Democrats done since 2016? Investigate, hold panel meetings, issue subpoenas, waste time, waste money, and do everything BUT represent the people of their districts in DC.

Just so misguided. The Democrats need to regroup after they lose in 2020, and figure out how to devise a winnable plan for 2024, and focus on that.
I don't even care about the election. I wanted to see the Dems do the right thing and stand up to this farce in the WH. That's exactly what they've done. He has done nothing but spit all over the rule of law and the Constitution, not to mention abuse his oath of office. 'Bout time the Dems opened this impeachment inquiry.

Old 10-03-2019, 02:32 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Pelosi
I received your letter this morning shortly after the world witnessed President Trump on national television asking yet another foreign power to interfere in the upcoming 2020 elections.
Ouchie.

Old 10-03-2019, 02:36 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Schiff? We don't need Schiff.

We don't even need a transcript anymore.

Trump is his own worst enemy. And his personal lawyer isn't helping things.

Yes you do need schiff....

Well, when you have a person like shiff paraphrasing the transcript/letter with lies...you are right...why do you need anything....go straight for the impeachment vote...

Only in the minds of shiff and people like you.....

Old 10-03-2019, 02:39 PM

10,066 posts, read 14,444,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I don't even care about the election. I wanted to see the Dems do the right thing and stand up to this farce in the WH. That's exactly what they've done. He has done nothing but spit all over the rule of law and the Constitution, not to mention abuse his oath of office. 'Bout time the Dems opened this impeachment inquiry.
Sure, you expect the Democrats to not support much of what the opposition party wants, unless compromise can be made. And reasonable debate can happen, reasonable opposition.

But this, coupled with the media weaponry, has been practically several attempts at a coup for this president.

Trump's communication style and way of getting things done is different, because he is not a career politician, like the rest of the lot who sit in DC.

Trump is not the storybook president everyone wants--he is not warm and fuzzy and JFK like. He is a guy who says what is on his mind, but loves this country and gets results. His head seems to be in the right place.

I'm an independent voter and I'll most likely vote for him in 2020. Unless the Democrats stop playing high school games and someone emerges like Klobuchar who could give Trump a run for his money.

But up until now, everyone running but her is a clown.

Old 10-03-2019, 02:40 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,095,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yes you do need schiff....Well, when you have a person like shiff paraphrasing the transcript/letter with lies...you are right...why do you need anything....go straight for the impeachment vote...Only in the minds of shiff and people like you.....
You misinterpret me.

Trump and his personal lawyer have both contributed plenty of evidence regarding this.

Why, just this morning he implored both Ukraine and China to dig up dirt on Joe Biden.

Old 10-03-2019, 02:47 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post

Why, just this morning he implored both Ukraine and China to dig up dirt on Joe Biden.
Great, we need to get to the bottom of the Pay to Play corruption.

Old 10-03-2019, 02:48 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,095,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Great, we need to get to the bottom of the Pay to Play corruption.
If Trump believes that Biden did something illegal or corrupt, why didn't he ask US law enforcement agencies (like the CIA and the FBI) to investigate Biden?

They most assuredly have the international assets required to launch such an investigation.

Why would he personally call the Ukraine about it, and send his personal lawyer (who doesn't have security clearance) there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies