Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2019, 01:16 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,000,087 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure about this impeachment strategy BUT.......

the livelihood of some of Democrats calling for it will be on the line and they seem willing to risk it....me obviously I'm not as confident in the whole process.

And yes -- their dislike of Trump and their partisan politics could be a motivating factor but would they risk losing it ALL...not just maybe having a better chance.

One of the reasons they say no to the impeachment is because it won't pass in the Senate...but I don't think that's a good reason NOT to go through the process. BUT they better have the receipts...or they will lose terribly next year.

That's the thing - -we aren't talking about just having a bit of egg on the face here...we are talking Democrats losing in 2020 if the impeachment process doesn't go as planned.

As you can see I'm not convinced it is the right move.

Old 09-24-2019, 01:17 PM

1,705 posts, read 537,830 times
Maybe its even worse then Trump using US Military aid funds as blackmail a ally.. who is in war with Russia.

I think there is more.. we will see.

Feel sorry for the whistleblower that has to come forward to shine a light on this... the process is set up so the should not happen. But trump happens..

Old 09-24-2019, 01:19 PM

46,274 posts, read 27,082,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Nope. I think you'll find that won't be the case.

Nope.....

Old 09-24-2019, 01:21 PM

7,810 posts, read 6,388,633 times
This drunken ***** can go ahead and try.

5,717 posts, read 3,144,780 times
I really do wonder how many more times democrats are going to fall for this pipe dream.

15,629 posts, read 10,383,806 times
another sure-to-produce-nothing investigation of months and costing millions of taxpayer dollars instigated by the democratic party politicians.

I can't wait to vote for trump in November 2020.

Old 09-24-2019, 01:23 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,752,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
I really do wonder how many more times democrats are going to fall for this pipe dream.
They finally gave up about the Mueller report, this is finally an admission.

Old 09-24-2019, 01:29 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,954,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBaldBlur View Post
I think this is a ploy by Pelosi. She's dumb not suicidal and she knows this is a losing hand.

But she's between a rock and a hard spot with the extremists in her own party. If she does nothing, they'll end up replacing her as Speaker. So she has to go through the smoke and mirrors motions to appease them by walking right up to that tripwire without crossing it. It's a dangerous game for the old gal. I almost feel sorry for her.

Another possibility is that the dems know that RBG's death is imminent and impeachment proceedings are a last ditch effort to slow down a Trump replacement.

Both will fail gloriously!
You're actually right. The Democrats are caught between a rock and a hard place. The impeachment will ultimately fail. Trump won't be removed from office. But it must be pursued, because if a criminal is known to be guilty and allowed to go free without pursuing charges at all, that's the same as condoning his actions. And this person has likely committed crimes against the entire country. The fact that the GOP will not vote in favor of his removal means they condone Trump's actions too. The entire country and world will see the Republicans as they really are. The Democrats are doing the right thing.

Old 09-24-2019, 01:30 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,765,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBaldBlur View Post
I think this is a ploy by Pelosi. She's dumb not suicidal and she knows this is a losing hand.

But she's between a rock and a hard spot with the extremists in her own party.
The rock and hard place she is between is the Constitution and the country.

Trump has forced Pelosi's hand with his blatant disregard for the Constitution and she has to do what that document says which is to impeach him. The problem with that is if the House impeaches but the Senate does not convict, and then Trump is reelected, he will take that as a license to do whatever he wants; he will rightfully come to the conclusion that nobody can stop him. The Congress cannot apply oversight and they cannot impeach him, and nobody will stand up to him in his own party. Trump will be dangerously out of control. He can then take the country wherever he wants as there are no more checks on his power.

Pelosi understands all of this, the terrible risk she runs. They better have an ironclad case with smoking guns if they bring it to a House vote.

Old 09-24-2019, 01:36 PM

17,003 posts, read 12,586,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Ow. my eyes are rolling again.

And when this happens to the next Dem president...

Neither party is interested in peaceful transition of power. Steal the presidency by any means possible. Both practice it.
below was responding to above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
It wont happen to a Dem President because we will elect someone who is NOT a traitor and a liar.
Not sure what is scarier. The fact that both sides are utter garbage and the US loses no matter which of the pieces of dog poo is elected next year or the fact that you and others actually believe your quote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.