Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2019, 01:11 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,558,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyNC View Post
Again, AGAIN for the ~6th time: it’s illegal to ask a foreign power for assistance re: political opponent
Again, for the 100th time, that's not what happened. Suggesting corruption be looked into is not asking for election interference.

Old 10-04-2019, 01:16 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,833,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Again, for the 100th time, that's not what happened.
Yea it is.
Quote:
Suggesting corruption be looked into is not asking for election interference.
That is not what happened.

Old 10-04-2019, 01:16 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Former special Envoy to the Ukraine Kurt Volker did not deliver the testimony that the House Impeachment Leader Adam Schiff and the Democrats were hoping for.

Schiff's First Impeachment Witness "Put a Dagger" in His Lies, Narrative on Ukraine

Zeldin's analysis is borne out by Volker's opening statement, which was first obtained by The Federalist.
"At no time was I aware of or took part in an effort to urge Ukraine to investigate former Vice President Biden. As you will see from the extensive text messages I am providing, which convey a sense of real-time dialogue with several different actors, Vice President Biden was never a topic of discussion," Volker stated.

"Moreover, as I was aware of public accusations about the Vice President, several times I cautioned the Ukrainians to distinguish between highlighting their own efforts to fight corruption domestically, including investigating Ukrainian individuals (something we support as a matter of U.S. policy), and doing anything that could be seen as impacting U.S. elections (which is neither in the United States' nor Ukraine's own interests). To the best of my knowledge, no such actions by Ukraine were ever taken, at least in part, I believe because of the advice I gave them."

Spin away, lefties.

Old 10-04-2019, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyNC View Post
Bobby has this all wrong!

Apparently he thinks Trump didn’t obstruct justice despite the Mueller report listing 7-8 obstructions. Trump couldn’t be indicted per DOJ “rules.” Dems couldn’t Impeach because Nancy knew that Trump wouldn’t be removed by Repub senators - (after all, Trump shot someone in front of Trump Tower but he didn’t kill the person....aka “no real harm - no foul.”). Prosecuting obstruction without an underlying crime is iffy. Kinda like Clinton didn’t get impeached for Monica’s BJ’s - again ”no harm - no foul” since Monica did it willingly and didn’t complain - again, no underlying crime! Bill got off - pardon the pun - Bill got off for “lying about sex” is no biggie per many Repubs.

This Ukraine issue is a new ball game. There IS a crime and public sentiment has shifted substantially. We’re still in batting practice, we need more facts/info.

BTW, no Hail Mary needed! Biden is ahead of Trump in polls in swing states substantially - probably explains Trump’s fixation on Biden
If Democrats thought there was an obstruction of justice case to be made, that's what they'd be trying to impeach the president on. They know the Mueller report showed there was nothing they could use related to the Russia hoax they were pushing for years.

If Biden was the nominee you'd have very low turnout among Democrats because he's just too old, too white, and too relatively moderate to garner that much enthusiastic support from their base. On top of that he says too many stupid things and is most likely suffering from the first stages of dementia.

None of ther current Democratic party nominees stand much of a chance and the DNC knows it. If they really believed they were about top win an election they wouldn't bother with the risky coup attempt.

Deep down I'm sure you know that even if you can't admit it.

Old 10-04-2019, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Yea it is.

That is not what happened.
I'm just going based on the "transcript" of the conversation, that's the best information we have. According to that, Trump never asked for election interference, merely that a highly suspicious event be looked into.

You can believe conspiracy theories if you like, but the evidence simply doesn't support you.

Old 10-04-2019, 01:23 PM

Quote:
I'm just going based on the "transcript" of the conversation, that's the best information we have. According to that, Trump never asked for election interference, merely that a highly suspicious event be looked into.
Nope, false.

Quote:
You can believe conspiracy theories if you like, but the evidence simply doesn't support you.
Also false.

Old 10-04-2019, 01:26 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
The White House is calling Pelosi's bluff by refusing to comply with their fake impeachment demands. So the House will have to vote in order to carry on with this charade. But Speaker Pelosi is loathe to do that, because if a net 18 Democrats lose their seats in Congress in the 2020 elections, she will be Speaker no longer. And she rightfully fears that if such a vote is taken, that could be the result.
White House Calls Pelosi's Bluff: We Aren't Complying With Your Fake Impeachment Demands

The White House is set to send a letter to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi Friday afternoon calling her bluff on impeachment.

https://twitter.com/ChadPergram/stat...98911810625536

Not that this response should really come as any surprise.

Old 10-04-2019, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Nope, false.

Also false.
Lol, okay. Live in denial then, at some point though you'll have to face reality and I have a feeling it is likely to be hilarious.

Old 10-04-2019, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Lol, okay. Live in denial then, at some point though you'll have to face reality and I have a feeling it is likely to be hilarious.
Right back'atcha

Old 10-04-2019, 01:34 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times
Quote:

" a highly suspicious event be looked into"

On his main political rival? An "event" that apparently was completely ignored for the first couple years of Trump's presidency, and suddenly NOW is an issue as the election is heating up? On his biggest political rival? An "event" that doesn't even have a description? Come on, you can't even say that with a straight face.

Only a moron could believe that, especially in light of the avalanche of new corroborating information that's coming to light every hour. But you guys are determined to go down with the Trump ship, until the last echoes of, "but her emails", are drowned out by the tides. Best of luck to ya.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies