Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2019, 12:28 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Sounds like Trump's strategy is more geared towards trying to get Republicans in the Senate to support him through thick and thin rather than deal with the actual allegations.
Had Trump decided to deal with the actual allegations, he would have hired actual attorneys.

Giuliani? Trey Gowdy?

He needs to get serous.

Old 10-09-2019, 12:29 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Show that letter to a lawyer Constitutional who needs a good laugh.
Wonder how many Republicans in the House are cringing at the thought of having to go on record voting that they want to cover this up.

Old 10-09-2019, 12:45 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,582,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
If you say so.
I don't say so. I am just speculating, which is why I started the sentence with "sounds like..." However, if Trump were looking to wage a successful war with the House over the allegations themselves, in my view he would be setting up a war room with Constitutional lawyers well-versed in impeachment proceedings. The latest report is that he is hiring Fox News people and taking advice from Giuliani. Hiring Gowdy, who has no experience in this area, further confirms his direction, IMO.

Old 10-09-2019, 12:50 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Wonder how many Republicans in the House are cringing at the thought of having to go on record voting that they want to cover this up.
Oh when you’re in bed with the boss you’ll pay the price. They’ll surely be on the wrong side of history along with Trump. Donald has taken them down a very very bad path and now things get very ugly.

Old 10-09-2019, 12:51 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
Quote:
I don't say so. I am just speculating, which is why I started the sentence with "sounds like..." However, if Trump were looking to wage a successful war with the House over the allegations themselves, in my view he would be setting up a war room with Constitutional lawyers well-versed in impeachment proceedings. The latest report is that he is hiring Fox News people and taking advice from Giuliani. Hiring Gowdy, who has no experience in this area, further confirms his direction, IMO.
You presume that because President Trump has hired these two, that means he does not already have the counsel of constitutional lawyers. That is a rather silly assumption that is assuredly not consistent with the facts.

Also, while Gowdy is not a constitutional lawyer, he knows those a__-clown Democrats in the House very well. He also is an expert in House processes and procedures, and he is intimately familiar with the politics of all of this. Add to that his background as a federal prosecutor and his comportment in front of a television camera, and it is pretty easy to see why this is a good hire for President Trump.

Old 10-09-2019, 12:51 PM

18,557 posts, read 7,362,427 times
Quote:
Sounds like Trump's strategy is more geared towards trying to get Republicans in the Senate to support him through thick and thin rather than deal with the actual allegations.
There aren't any "actual allegations". This Ukraine thing is clearly legal. Are the Dems going back to the Mueller Report to trump something up into a highly tendentious obstruction charge?

Old 10-09-2019, 12:52 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,081,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Had Trump decided to deal with the actual allegations, he would have hired actual attorneys.

Giuliani? Trey Gowdy?

He needs to get serous.
We are happily waiting for your ignorance about these two being lawyers to be proven. Maybe you should start watching Fox News. You would know better. The people in the House that know Gowdy and are liberal, are probably rethinking their positions right about now.

Old 10-09-2019, 12:55 PM

18,557 posts, read 7,362,427 times
Quote:
I don't say so. I am just speculating, which is why I started the sentence with "sounds like..." However, if Trump were looking to wage a successful war with the House over the allegations themselves, in my view he would be setting up a war room with Constitutional lawyers well-versed in impeachment proceedings.
Why? The Democrats have no crime to pin on him. And evidently he has Constitutional lawyers who are familiar with e issues discussed here:

https://www.lawfareblog.com/what-pow...iry-give-house

Last edited by hbdwihdh378y9; 10-09-2019 at 01:08 PM..

Old 10-09-2019, 12:56 PM

37,164 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Lindsey came out this morning and wants all the GOP lawmakers to sign a loyalty pledge to Trump.

Old 10-09-2019, 12:57 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Lindsey came out this morning and wants all the GOP lawmakers to sign a loyalty pledge to Trump.
Another lie. How many is that now? More than could easily be counted, that is for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies