Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2019, 03:59 PM

37,183 posts, read 19,189,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Is there talk of cutting off his salary?

Yep. To force compliance. And Pocan is in a position to do it.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...dlands-blocked

Old 10-09-2019, 04:02 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,085,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Yep. To force compliance. And Pocan is in a position to do it.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...dlands-blocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Yeah, please do let us know if and when that actually happens.

Old 10-09-2019, 04:14 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,793,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
It's an abuse of his oath of office to ask Ukraine to investigate a political opponent. Full stop. Thus, the impeachment inquiry.
"Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors"

I do not see abuse of the oath of office in there.

How is this inquiry that will go nowhere regardless, anything but a waste of the time and resources of our government. It looks like games to me. Just a bunch of childish snerts politically posturing. Why have we heard nothing about an infrastructure bill, or an opiod addiction proposal, or a limitation on pharmaceutical prices, or anything that actually matters to the American people for that matter? We have major issues that need to be dealt with and our representatives in Washington are playing around like a bunch of angsty children on the playground. All of them. Lets kick them all out and hire only non party obsessive people (meaning not belonging to any party) who can get the job done.

Old 10-09-2019, 04:17 PM

51,649 posts, read 25,803,785 times
Over 50% of the nation disagrees when Trump and his loyal subjects about the impeachment inquiry.

Old 10-09-2019, 04:47 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,005,834 times
Recall, there is no Constitutional requirement that the House hold a vote concerning whether to proceed with an impeachment inquiry. The fact that for Nixon and Clinton there was such a vote, does not mandate that there be such a vote now.

Let us review the language from Article I, Section 2: "The House of Representatives shall choose their speaker and other officers; and shall have the sole power of impeachment."

Now, who chooses the speaker and other officers? Well, the Majority Party in power chooses the Speaker. The Minority Party does not have a say.

However, I say that Pelosi should allow the House vote, with some rules appended; for instance: upon passage, the minority party does not obtain the right to subpoena (which it is obvious the Republicans will abuse).

"But that's unfair" some will cry.

So? It was not 'fair' that Obama's Supreme Court nominee as not even given the courtesy of a confirmation hearing (followed by a no vote). The party in power makes the rules, as we have learned.

It is time for the House Democrats to play hardball. The Republicans certainly have no qualms about that.

Old 10-09-2019, 05:02 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,095,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Recall, there is no Constitutional requirement that the House hold a vote concerning whether to proceed with an impeachment inquiry. The fact that for Nixon and Clinton there was such a vote, does not mandate that there be such a vote now.

Let us review the language from Article I, Section 2: "The House of Representatives shall choose their speaker and other officers; and shall have the sole power of impeachment."

Now, who chooses the speaker and other officers? Well, the Majority Party in power chooses the Speaker. The Minority Party does not have a say.

However, I say that Pelosi should allow the House vote, with some rules appended; for instance: upon passage, the minority party does not obtain the right to subpoena (which it is obvious the Republicans will abuse).

"But that's unfair" some will cry.

So? It was not 'fair' that Obama's Supreme Court nominee as not even given the courtesy of a confirmation hearing (followed by a no vote). The party in power makes the rules, as we have learned.

It is time for the House Democrats to play hardball. The Republicans certainly have no qualms about that.
Great idea. Give Republicans subpoena power as well

Old 10-09-2019, 05:18 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,083,387 times
Holy crap. This is from FOX NEWS.

https://twitter.com/KSoltisAnderson/...54639438647296

Old 10-09-2019, 05:45 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,825,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveWinterSnow View Post
Fake impeachments, endless wars, transvestite bathrooms, and open borders ...Run with it Dems!

I already booked a suite in the Trump DC hotel for his 2020 Inauguration
That's dedication. Those flights from Moscow aren't cheap either from what I hear. Don't forget your passport!

Old 10-09-2019, 06:04 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,095,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
And? Fox polls have been wrong just like others

Old 10-09-2019, 06:15 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
I believe Trump loves the United States of America, and it's Constitution.

So do I.

Nancy is skating that document.

See you in Court....damn, sorry for the repetition.
Trump loves money and nothing else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies