Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2019, 04:06 PM

37,047 posts, read 19,035,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
YOU get a whistle, and YOU get a whistle, and YOU get a whistle!

Lots of whistleblowers in front of the White House for these last few nights, as well as outside the venue of Trump's bizarre (rambling, salivating, sneering) performance in what he called "Minneanapolis" last night.
Scuttlebutt has it they're bypassing protocol and taking their stories directly to the House now. No paper trail, no WH intereference.

Old 10-11-2019, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
No, what is there to "change"...its just a memo, it is not codified law... you seem to have trouble understanding that, but I think you are being purposefully obtuse. If there was an actual law that prevented such, yes I'd agree there would be something to "change"

There simply is not a law on the books that prevents a sitting President from being indicted..they could have done it, if they had probable cause or a prosecutor willing to take the case(the latter was Comeys "out" on the email deal) .. the result was the same in either case, no charges.

for example here is the codifed law that got Bill:
18 U.S. Code § 1621.

should congress "change" it too?
But it's being treated as law by those who want to use it to shore up their opinions. The memo is in dire need of clarification as to when a criminal can be charged. That is done by passing a law.

Old 10-11-2019, 04:11 PM

46,217 posts, read 26,980,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Scuttlebutt has it they're bypassing protocol and taking their stories directly to the House now. No paper trail, no WH intereference.

Does this mean no whistleblower protection? Just want to make sure....if it's just scuttlebutt.....

Old 10-11-2019, 04:16 PM

Quote:
But it's being treated as law by those who want to use it to shore up their opinions. The memo is in dire need of clarification as to when a criminal can be charged. That is done by passing a law.

And here you go folks....a CRIMINAL...wait, whoever had a trial and was declared a CRIMINAL?

So, baldie.....in your eyes, they are still a criminal even thought there are no laws that support you?

GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT.....your post is such a failure....congrats....

Old 10-11-2019, 04:35 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,064,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I do, but as I said before, you're that 1%.....

And I don't mind eating crow....when I'm wrong, you should try it sometimes....
That works out to a lot of crow. And that's no bull.

Old 10-11-2019, 04:39 PM

Quote:
And here you go folks....a CRIMINAL...wait, whoever had a trial and was declared a CRIMINAL?

So, baldie.....in your eyes, they are still a criminal even thought there are no laws that support you?

GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT.....your post is such a failure....congrats....
If you read the Mueller Report, at least what Barr wanted you to see, and you listened to Mueller's testimony before the House, you would understand what I wrote. Mueller specifically said the memo is what kept him from recommending charges.

Old 10-11-2019, 04:39 PM

13,673 posts, read 8,978,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
I wonder if Sondland will then either quit or get fired?

I vote quit. He is a wealthy man. He contributed one million to Trump's inaugural fund, and gratefully accepted a rather cushy ambassadorship to the EU, where he would spend his days in Brussels being wined and dined.

He will testify, and I suspect truthfully. He does not want to go to jail (most people don't, including the very wealthy). After he escapes the House questioning, he will probably be very glad to head home and forget Donald John Trump.

Old 10-11-2019, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
That works out to a lot of crow. And that's no bull.

Not near as much as you think..if you were to be honest...yet here we are.......

Old 10-11-2019, 05:04 PM

Quote:
If you read the Mueller Report, at least what Barr wanted you to see, and you listened to Mueller's testimony before the House, you would understand what I wrote. Mueller specifically said the memo is what kept him from recommending charges.

So, we did not read the entire report? The entire report was never provided for us to read?

Who ever said he had to be charged or even recommend charges? mueller had every right to say, here is what I found and this is what trump should/could be charged with. Which then in turn would lead to the current investigation....(both combined) and BLAM.......instant impeachment articles....

Old 10-11-2019, 05:11 PM

20,794 posts, read 9,431,939 times
Quote:
mueller had every right to say, here is what I found and this is what trump should/could be charged with.
No, he did NOT have that right. His job was to do an investigation and detail results of that investigation but leave it up to the Attorney General to press any charges. Or let congress decide if they wanted to impeach.

Please quit making up things to try to pretend you're right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies